Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • "The Full English Breakfast PIE"!!!!!
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Or a tart at best

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

ir_bandito – Member … tomatoe …

*stabs in face*

😆

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Final excuse is simple, I didn’t make it. It was in a cafe and i thought it was worth trying. It was.

binners

DrP – I’ve shown everyone at work your handiwork, and it provoked gasps of awe, followed by a moment of silent contemplation as the shear genius of it was mentally (though unfortunately not physically) digested.

😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

bandito – you need not apologise for anything save your spelling 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I think you could, and should take this one stage further with the full english pie sandwich!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mmm, battered deep fried full english pie donner sandwich pizza … and chips.

Like something off supersize vs superskinny …

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Nobel Prize for Gastronomic Fabulousness.

Just to avoid going back over all that, how long and at what temperature for the oven?

I’m definitely going to do this one.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well done. The evolution MUST include black pudding and a subtle brown sauce flavour.

deadslow

How about a dash of Worcestershire Sauce to liven the beans up?

jota180
    Free Member

Maybe the crust could be made from fried bread?

nickf
    Free Member

My infamous Full English Omelette Toasted Sandwich covers much of this territory.

Fry lots of chunks of chorizo and bacon until crispy, add brown pudding and cook for a bit longer, then take them out and fry a good number of mushrooms in the oil (lots comes out of the chorizo). Ad some cubed boiled potato that you’ve got left over in the fridge.

Take the mushrooms/potatoes out of the pan, add in your beaten egg, cook until starting to thicken, add all pre-cooked ingredients.

Fire up the George Foreman, get some decent brown bread ready

Once omelette is cooked through, put as much as is humanly possible in the Foreman and squeeeeeze it shut.

Cook until toasted, serve with tomato ketchup

Possibly the finest hangover treatment possible, and all done in under 10 minutes.

MSP

baked beans are pushing the envelope when it comes to including “full English” in the description (IMO they are American and an abomination when added to a proper full English breakfast).

But “chorizo” FFS man, get a grip, take a cold shower, go outside and give yourself a stern talking to, chorizo has no place in the same room as a full English breakfast, never mind actually on the same plate.

portlyone

An Italian friend of mine once urged me to do a little Anglo-Italian fusion cooking, so I made a full english lasagne… I modestly thought it was magnificent.

I now know what I’m trying next!

nickf
    Free Member

But “chorizo” FFS man, get a grip, take a cold shower, go outside and give yourself a stern talking to, chorizo has no place in the same room as a full English breakfast, never mind actually on the same plate.

Oh for heaven’s sake, think of it as strongly smoked bacon and deal with it. A little goes a long way, and it’s too nice to ignore. If you can have Danish bacon, surely Spanish sausagebacon is allowable?

binners

Croma in Manchester do an ‘Inglese Pizza’ – Bacon, free range egg, Cumberland sausage, Bury black pudding, mozzarella, Worcestershire Sauce and tomato.

Its bloody good!

warton
    Free Member

wow, thats impressive.

I’m glad my reservations about the bacon proved incorrect!

Chapeau!

wingnuts

jota180 adds a real flourish with the fried bread!

I’ve sent a link to this inspired work to my daughter who is shortly going on a residential with other senior managers. They are cooking for themselves in some bijou retreat near Bath. If she produces this her career will go stratospheric and she can keep me in the style to which I wish to become accustomed.

geologist
    Free Member

Is the bacon and black pudding free range? 😉

ocrider

I was thinking of swapping the pastry topping with a hash brown/rosti topping perhaps?

I was just going to suggest this, along with black pudding and a runny yolked thing would make perfection. And brown sauce.

Looks great, must find some bacon.

jota180
    Free Member

If you can have Danish bacon, surely Spanish sausagebacon is allowable?

No – it’s donkey meat, everyone knows that

mcboo
    Free Member

(though I was thinking of swapping the pastry topping with a hash brown/rosti topping perhaps?)

This…….Hash Brown topping. Oh my Lordy.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

This may well be Sundays hangover lunch!

Reminds me of the breakfast bread and butter pudding I once made. That was also **** amazing!

mogrim

No – it’s donkey meat, everyone knows that

No it’s not, I’ve helped make it. Donkey and horse is what goes into Tesco’s budget burgers.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Where is the gravy?

tomaso
    Free Member

Absolutely fabulous!

I trust the shortcrust was made with LARD! Its the only way you know.

bigsi
    Free Member

That pastry top needs to be egg washed to give it a nice brown colour 😉

Other than that….. where can i buy one? 😛

DrP

Cooking times….

Baking the crust, 170 for 15 min
    Baking the pie, about 190 for 30-40 min (milk the pastry to stop burning)

Maybe, just maybe, I could get away with boiled egg inside, with a raw egg on top prior to cooking, thus baking in a ‘fried’ style??

DrP

Bunnyhop

If hubby sees this thread I’ll never hear the last of it.

DrP ooop North we have pie for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Let’s get rid of the salad though 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

No it’s not

Yes it is, the Spaniards take the donkeys to the top of a church and then throw them off the tower
    Whatever they scrape up get’s made into chorizo

They do like a bit of blood letting in the name of religion

easygirl

A full English should NEVER. EVER have hash browns , they are not English they are American!

lowey

Doffs cap in DrP’s direction.

Excellent work sir.

emsz
    Free Member

Can you have a cup of tea with it though….

IvanDobski
    Free Member

with the salad, no.

without the salad, as God intends pies to be eaten, yes.

sputnik
    Free Member

Agree with the above as no need for Hash Brown , its American and not English.
    Also ditch the bloody Black Pudding idea, its Scottish and not English.

Full English Breakfast Pie- the clue is in the name.

MrOvershoot

DrP I salute your productive mind & efforts

This has now gone viral @ our work 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe, just maybe, I could get away with boiled egg inside, with a raw egg on top prior to cooking, thus baking in a ‘fried’ style??

you would need something to contain it and stop the white bit running everywhere [hash brown boat??] IMHO

PS as a veagn this may not be my area of expertise but even I told the tale of the pie to a riding buddy tonight top effort

jota180
    Free Member

Also ditch the bloody Black Pudding idea, its Scottish and not English

even as a Yorkshire man, I wouldn’t deny the Lancs the home of the UK black pudding

Scotland ??

sputnik
    Free Member

Lancs can can lay claim to a hotpot, blame the Scots for (shudder) black pudding 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wheres the tattie scone?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘"The Full English Breakfast PIE"!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.