Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FAO Illustrator users
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

On the above i need to rotate the labels so they are readable. Ideally like this: http://monophyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/protest_small2.jpg

The obvious way is to rotate each one, but there are 136 labels. Is there an easier way to do it? I’m using CS4, but have access to 5 as well.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a feature to batch them – if there was you’d probably still end up spending an age tweaking them all anyway I reckon.

Turn up the music, get your head doen and treat it as a fun task 🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah cant see an easy way to dop that! but if there is i’d like to know

rewski
    Free Member

mmm, that’s hurt my brain. I would personally have them as seperate text objects, then rotate them based on the amount of countries within 360 and hand position, you could probably action script in flash and export as vector.

EDIT: you’ll need to know a action script genius though

Kit
    Free Member

What on Earth is it trying to show?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

you can take Dudley off . . . .

that will save you a few minutes . . .

CaptJon
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    I don’t think there is a feature to batch them – if there was you’d probably still end up spending an age tweaking them all anyway I reckon.

Turn up the music, get your head doen and treat it as a fun task

I was fearing that response.

Kit – Member
    What on Earth is it trying to show?

Relative importance of (and connection between) world cities based on the presence of advanced producer service firms (e.g banks and finance, legal, accountancy, consultancy, advertising). Here it is with cities in geographical positions:

CountZero

Looks like one of the Wired info-graphics.
    Rather you than me; Illustrator used to drive me nuts, so counter-intuitive when letterspacing text on a curve, for example.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Fortunately another program creates the image (gephi), and i just edit bits in Illustrator.

the-muffin-man

It’s about time Adobe resurrected Freehand!

Kit
    Free Member

Your second diagram is better, I can’t see the connections between the cities in the first one. Looks like one hell of a dataset though!

CaptJon
    Free Member

You’ll see them once it is printed at A0… but you’re not really supposed to be able to read the detail, the colours are more important. Both a very lo res.

The dataset is relatively small: 136 nodes each connected to each other. This is larger: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44950467@N06/7516621246/in/photostream

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FAO Illustrator users’ is closed to new replies.