Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fancy/Pretty Bike Storage For Flats!
  • JCornford

With an impending relcation to America and a move from a house to a city apartment, I’ve been trying to think of a nice way to store the bikes.

With no garage the bikes will be on display, so it needs to look nice, but the main issue is we can’t mount anything to the walls, other than the odd picture or two. So does anyone know of a nice free standing option, rather than just chucking them behind the sofa!

tonyg2003

There are some good free standing systems. Just look for “bike storage” on CRC, Evans, Wiggle etc.

I’ve been looking at some for my new garden office/man cave/pool room.

krixmeister
    IA
    fadda

I have one of these…http://www.cycloc.com/

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I really fancy one of those Cyclocs but seriously how much for a bucket?!

fadda

I know it looks like a bucket, but I’m quite impressed by how solid/sturdy it is. Bike feels very secure in it.

Bregante

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A mate has the Topeak one, wqorks well for him and I’m looking at getting one. Works if you put the same bike in the same place each time and you need the long arms if you have proper bars on the bikes. He has 4 on his.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Cyclocs can hold a bike vertically too.

I have 3. Think I need 2 more.

eBay/gumtree is your friend

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Few ideas here : http://www.decoratingyoursmallspace.com/creative-bike-storage/

I know a few are wall mounted but little different to putting a picture up in terms of number of holes

JCornford

The wall mounted ones are a lot nicer to look at, i’ll have to see what I can get away with!

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

All those bicycles seem to have been equiped with toothpicks instead of handlebars which prob helps with the tidyness.

hooli

Loft apartments, tall ceilings and clean/minimal looking bikes help most of those look tidy. May not look quite as good in a normal UK house with a MTB, wide bars and dripping mud.

mikey74
    Free Member

Krix: what bikes do you store on yours?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Just put up a new Cycloc tonight.
    Vertical.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fancy/Pretty Bike Storage For Flats!’ is closed to new replies.