Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • fancy bristol property
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Anyone fancy it?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129160883

Hyper-Personalized for unique and special individuals who appreciate creative celebration, God, culture oneness and uniqueness.
    Probably Bristol’s most unique home. An incredible property of approximately 158sqm (Average size of a 5-bedroom house) over 3 floors.
    The house was conceived 10 years ago, almost to this very moment in time, and it is probably only now ready to be fully appreciated, by society today, as to what it is all about. Much of what is within this property is either unaffordable, unobtainable, or both now due to world and economic circumstances. Labour costs for a Master Craftsmen – German trained Joiner was £140.00 per day, that same craftsman is today £500.00 per day. You see in this property, years of his meticulous and Zen work. 10’s of thousands of hours it has taken to make and build this most unique and exquisite property. We lost our way for respecting true genius crafts people in trades, like they once were in a period of a respected guild. This property is a testament to human genius creativity and a celebration to the incredible natural materials of divine mother earth, it is beyond comparable. 
    If you feel special, a unique individual or individuals with an appreciation of creative expression and craftsmanship, this is a timeless home that never feels “boring” and is a space and place, which constantly inspires you. 

chrismac

Good grief. Im sure there is a lovely house behind all that awful gaudy decoration. Factor in £20k for a refurb me thinks

kilo

Got up to photo 70 and had enough – that house is gopping!

Dickyboy

One word – hideous

5lab

what a poorly taken set of photos as well. That lead photo, I’ve no idea what I’m looking at, and the next 10, I don’t think there’s a single one in focus. Its like a tourist going round a museum and just snapping every single thing their eyes rest on for a second.

Daffy

Love it. Wouldn’t want to live in it. Rent it for a weekend? Sure!

wordnumb
    Free Member

The tastefully placed copy of National Geographic’s The Bomb issue at the bedside isn’t anything to worry about at all.

soundninjauk

That house might actually be a lovely place to spend time but the photos do it absolutely no justice whatsoever. Also absolutely impossible to get a feel for the layout of the place. Money can’t buy taste etc…

franksinatra

Photo 42 is of a hanging rail inside a wardrobe.

By the time you get to photo 99 they have given up on the house and just uploaded photos of their dog!

This owner should not be allowed to market their own property A decent estate agent might actually be able to present it well, but it comes across as just being sold by a nutter.

johndoh
    Free Member

what a poorly taken set of photos as well. That lead photo, I’ve no idea what I’m looking at, and the next 10, I don’t think there’s a single one in focus. Its like a tourist going round a museum and just snapping every single thing their eyes rest on for a second.

That pretty well sums up what I was going to say. Some of the angles too – were they taken by a first year Photography student trying to be clever?

And why, ohh why, did they take a picture of the exterior with a car on the drive (which only served to show that the drive is very small) and left the bloody wheelie bins there? And pictures of trees? Just why?

Edit – this keeps on giving – pictures of bloody dogs now LOL!

dc1988

It looks better than most recently renovated properties where everything is grey.

Does anyone know what it’s market value is based on size/location? I’m assuming the current asking price is reaching an awful lot.

avdave2

They are as inept at putting photographs together as they are words and yet they clearly believe themselves visionary geniuses!

johndoh
    Free Member

Celebrity musicians, actors/actresses, sportsmen and women, artists, surgeons, bankers/hedge fund managers, and even successful transformed former criminals have all visited and unanimously declared it’s the best they’ve seen/stayed in and have all left feeling “inspired”.

WTaF

aide

That’s sore on the eyes, I got up to the pictures of trees and gave up!! Also why put a patio on the wall!?!

joebristol

I can’t get my head around the layout – even looking at the floor plans. And why there are options – is there part of the property owned by someone else?!

Worst marketed property I’ve ever seen. Combe Dingle is a nice area – although not quite as nice as Sneyd Park / Clifton etc nearby. I reckon selling that is going to be difficult because there’s so much dark wood. Maybe ok for a boutique hotel visit for a few days – but living in it. Not for me.

duckman

Love what you have done with the old place @deadlyDarcey!

franksinatra

That optional ground floor bedroom doesn’t have any windows. Who would want a bedroom without windows?

scuttler

Comes with a suspension bridge and heritage steamship according to the pics.

And lots of toilets.

nickjb
    Free Member

Comes with a suspension bridge and heritage steamship according to the pics.

And a dog and a Waitrose

matt_outandabout

Well, it makes a change from the grey everything at present.

5lab

That optional ground floor bedroom doesn’t have any windows. Who would want a bedroom without windows?

its got skylights. tbh I’d be ok with that. What are you doing in a bedroom that you want either to look outside whilst you’re doing it, or want people outside to look in?

therevokid
    Free Member

ugh …. but combe dingle isn’t that far from some trails in blaise estate or a short ride/drive to Ashton Court and Leigh Woods. Still don’t want it though 😉

Isn’t that the “Dave Talbot” events place ??

lamp
    Free Member

Looks like a swingers club!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Who would want a bedroom without windows?

and even successful transformed former criminals have all visited

kayak23

Bristol’s most unique home

bfw

Pre-2000 when I lived in around Totterdown, there was a place in Knowle that had something similar going on inside. It was a one of the nice Edwardian houses off of Wells Road heading out. It had been taken apart inside, mezzanine floor instead of the 1st floor and full of massive plants, I didnt get further than the entrance door/hall

bfw

therevokid
    Free Member
    ugh …. but combe dingle isn’t that far from some trails in blaise estate or a short ride/drive to Ashton Court and Leigh Woods. Still don’t want it though 😉

Isn’t that the “Dave Talbot” events place ??

Posted 19 minutes ago
    REPLY | REPORT
    lamp
    Free Member
    Looks like a swingers club!

if you combine the two above posts… Swingers ‘Events’ location/pad?

bfw

I have realised my dream property is a Art-deco garage, bikes and toys downstairs and the house out back and upstairs?

This would have done

Before and after: Apartments in the newly-renovated 1930s art deco Manor Road Garage in East Preston, West Sussex

simon_g

“unique”

I see someone’s intervened and cut back on the photos and rewritten the blurb.

I don’t mind it, the wood is OK, some of the colour choices are a bit odd. I think fair enough if it’s what they wanted but why sell so soon? I think the “options” are just because they did the bedroom and living spaces they needed and left the rest – now as they’re moving on it lets them market as a 4 bed.

jeffl

Better photos, or at least less crappy ones now. TBF if you had the budget and the time it would be quite a nice property. Dark wood and green paint make it look quite small. Just repainting in a light colour would make it feel as though it had more space.

ayjaydoubleyou

seems they’ve trimmed down the photos.
    each one individually, I dont hate.
    together, it looks like its been decorated by an impulsive pinterester.

this could be why the layout makes no sense
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4964597,-2.6446726,3a,47.4y,110.08h,80.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9AEKQRODu6MTavULWEfPvw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Arbutus+Dr,+Coombe+Dingle,+Bristol/@51.4957548,-2.6441502,78a,35y,345.56h,39.55t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4871927cd1af39bf:0xeff56709a1661602!8m2!3d51.4957524!4d-2.6458765

the “back garden” of the neighbours has a separate property – and is their garage under this property?

5lab

I think downstairs is a separate property. its not just the garage that’s missing its the entire ground floor (other than the entrance).

the place in the garden is this one https://media.onthemarket.com/properties/8637222/1322665533/document-0.pdf

the main property appears to be HALF PRICE elsewhere lol https://propertyheads.com/en-gb/properties/1260927/61-arbutus-drive-/

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/61-arbutus-drive/bristol/bs9-2pw/45652291/

thats when they tried to sell it all together for 1.2mm

tjagain

The craftsmanship looks superb but the taste is lacking. less is more!

Far too much dark wood making it all look dark small and enclosed

dudeofdoom

TBH it’s not that bad but I always have a giggle at the £800k for a 2 bed flat, it’s a nice area but tbh not that nice.

I’d want a view of a herd of wild buffalo traipsing across the plains 🙂

onehundredthidiot

Laughing during pandemic. The size of that loo roll in the cludgie photo 19.

byeway
    Free Member

But it’s all uphill coming home from the Nova Scotia. Got anything in the docks ??

llama

Quite like some rooms, and some bits of rooms. I don’t mind some ‘dark’ rooms. But then it goes a bit too far, the green bits are not nice, and some of the fittings are an odd choice and out of place

It’s very masculine. I’m betting divorced man, late 30s/early 40s, in fledgling new relationship with younger partner.

ji
    Free Member

I see someone’s intervened and cut back on the photos and rewritten the blurb.

I think the blurb still has needs some editing!

<b>A pulchritudinous, grandiose detailed property</b>

The property itself has been built over 3 floors and is the majority of the building. This completely unique property is from Ground to Second Floor.

A dishwasher is incorporated into the unit along with a very practical sink

As opposed to the impractical looking ones in the ying and yang bathrooms?

This combined with opening the bi-folding doors which lead out onto the balcony really does offer a bedroom experience second to none, the most “living and real” life experience you can possibly imagine, spiritually interlaced and a part of the tapestry of the Oak Tree and have you thinking for a moment, it was heaven.

hooli

That is absolutely gopping.

redthunder
    Free Member

star trek

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.