Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fanbelt type material…?
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I need to repair the flexible towing hitch on out child trailer. The ‘flex’ is enabled by a piece of hose inside a spring. The spring is 14mm ID. I have snapped the hose twice, so I need to beef-up this connection with something that is less likely to tear where the bolts go through.

I was thinking of the reinforced rubber stuff that fanbelts are made of. Any idea where I’d source 14mm diameter circular section stuff? (or similar)…

PePPeR

If its a Burley I used to repair them with the hose from fire extinguishers.

🙂

Never used to break after that and the hose is cheap too.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Where did you get hold of hose?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shermer75
    Free Member

I could hazard a guess

johnellison
    Free Member

See if there are any fluid power suppliers in your area – Google “hydraulic” or “pneumatic” and if they have a trade counter, go and see if you can blag an offcut of hose.

PePPeR

My local scrapyard has all the old fire extinguishers from Chubb sat waiting to be bought, We have loads knocking around which we buy for a fiver a time and use them for water fights in the summer 😉

Make sure you buy them with schraeder valves so you can refill them regularly 😉

porter_jamie
    hosepipe
    Free Member

PePPeR.. would you mind getting in touch about your post re – central heating ?
    on here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/_does-anyone-know-about-heating-cottages-hot-water-rayburns-agas-and-stuff

would really like a chat, just seen your post, but you don;t have many details in profile,.

(sorry this isn’t to do with post)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fanbelt type material…?’ is closed to new replies.