Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 319 total)
  • Famous people on STW?
  • IHN

I once bought some goats from Russell Crowe’s cousin

Winner!

paul4stones

rogerthecat – Member
    I argued with James May about The Who in geography class.

You probably know Adrian, my dental technician, then?

stcolin
    Free Member

On a mountain bike related one, I took some water from Joe Barnes at the 2nd round of the Irish Gravity Enduro last year. Nice fella.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

FWIW I believe that I’m in the Bond film, Dr No. My mum was an extra in a crowd scene. She was pregnant at the time.

My old man’s old man was art director on that. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Binners is in me.

😯

SaxonRider

I forgot about the fact that I was in a film with Christian Slater and Marissa Tomei.

It’s called ‘Untamed Heart’, and I’m the arm at the very back of the night club scene.

dday

I got chatting to a pretty girl in the airport lounge in Vegas a few weeks ago. Till her husband turned up. ‘Nice to meet you Nicholas Cage’. 😯

cheese@4p

SaxonRider – One of the greatest arms on film IMO.

Ambrose

@ PMJ- we must be related! Hello Bro 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Blatantly! 😉

juanking

I was ‘on’ treasure hunt with Anneka Rice when I was about 10. When I say on I mean we chased her and the film around on our bikes shouting. Mates with a fairly famous photographer who used to be a director for Maxim magazine, some of the parties were interesting. Still my favouritest encounter was buying/having a pint with Rob Howley and Warren Gatland last year in the Richmond Gate hotel. Really nice blokes even if I was a little star struck….

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I did the smoke machine on Bon Jovi’s “hey god” video

anagallis_arvensis

My Mrs has been on East Enders amongst others

cooie

Minor league. Why do you ask?

Wow! I frequent the same forum as Mr Woppit from criminally under rated The Sound.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwddWlBMbdY[/video]

aa
    Free Member

the woman i sit next to at work has just mentioned that she’s in the first harry potter film at the end, in the train station at hogworts.

edlong
    Free Member

My name is on the credits of American movies and UK tv series

I’ve been lied about in a national tabloid newspaper

I have snogged some famous(ish) people

I am not famous

matt_outandabout

As a baby, I puked on Cliff Richard 8)
    As a child, I bought a budgeriegar off Big Daddy. 😕
    As an adult, I have no claim to fames at all. 🙁

ononeorange

I once stood behind Dave Vanian in a phone queue. My proudest and greatest moment I think.

stumpy01

Anyone remember the Milkybar kid advert where he was at the circus?

No. Well, anyway. Some kids from our school were asked to go to the recording of it and be in the circus audience. At the end of the ad, everyone rushes the MB Kid and gets Milky Bars. For some reason, not one of us ended up in the final edit…..

Spent all day there and for our trouble, we got……1 Milky bar!!

ononeorange

Actually….I just remembered, we got filmed for evening TV at school – we had to climb ropes and stuff in the gym because they were interviewing our pillock of a PE teacher (he was a professional rugby player and a right idiot). I was on screen (in the background admittedly) for a whole second. Now that’s true fame.

I think Gary Cooper was a cousin of my grandmnother as well.

zippykona

Wow! I frequent the same forum as Mr Woppit from criminally under rated The Sound.

Can we form a fan club?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

On a 6th form London trip we were descending the escalator when I spotted Dave Allen getting on at the bottom, in an overly loud whisper audible back in Yorkshire I said “Look, there’s Dave Allen”, we all looked and he fixed me with a look and an enigmatic smile all the way up, past and to the top of the escalator. I shrank about 3ft in the process and you could have fried an egg on my cheeks.

Was also taken to a motorbike championship race and introduced to this bloke in leathers, standing by his bike. My excited uncle grabbed the guys attention and as a way of introducing me to the rider, he said “You know who this is?” I looked at the bloke and my 10yr old self said “No!”
    Sorry, Barry Sheene you were brilliant and I was clueless.

jekkyl

I once met lofty from it ain’t half hot mum when I was cub scout, we made him a cup of tea. Also met Sia Furler several times and chatted to her as well, after or before her solo and Zero7 gigs, she would defo get it. 🙂

bigdean

If its minor league you want. I once saw black lace at a skeg caravan park.

Cougar

My school bag has been in a film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272747/

They used our school as a location, sadly I didn’t make it on screen, but in the shots of the playground my bag is clearly visible.

aa
    Free Member

a guy i worked with was serving leon haslam. He took his name for the database and said…..”haslam…have you ever heard of ron haslam?”.

“Yeah” came the reply. “it’s my dad”

hambl90
    Free Member

I used to train in joe calzaghe’s fathers gym when joe was junior champion many years ago.
    Once met Steve worland at cwmcarn doing a photo shoot .
    I actually printed the cover of the official royal wedding programme ( Will and Kate’s )
    And today I met Rowan Sorrell at a presentation do for bike park Wales and a local cycle and stay project in Merthyr Tydfil , really nice guy too.

stevomcd
    Free Member

At least 2 people in this thread have claimed vicarious fame by quoting my name. So I must be famous.

ononeorange

My brother claims to have met Phil Lynott in a pub once. He still talks about it, regularly.

RustySpanner

ononeorange – Member

My brother claims to have met Phil Lynott in a pub once. He still talks about it, regularly.

I frequent an internet forum which used to be used by a bloke who claimed his dad taught Phil Lynott how to play bass.

How awesome is that?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A friend of mine has a picture of her naked with Cliff Richard.

(When they were children, I hasten to add)

grum
    Free Member

I’m vaguely related to Brian McClair, though I no longer have any contact with that side of the family (had this published as a Viz ‘Lame to Fame’ though!)

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I sang on a number one hit single.

A Christmas number one, in fact!

In 1980, (before my voice broke, and it all went downhill).

mrsflash
    Free Member

My Mrs has been on East Enders amongst others

This has reminded me (and this one must surely win); our childminders husband makes toyboxes and furniture and stuff and he recently had a toybox on ‘stenders.

nicko74

A friend of mine has a picture of her naked with Cliff Richard.

(When they were children, I hasten to add) I’m not sure that clarification really helps matters…

footflaps

I met Lennox Lewis in the Virgin lounge at Gatwick. Didn’t know who he was, but guessed he was a boxer from his build. All the Virgin female attendants were falling over themselves to pamper him!

peterfile
    Free Member

i’m not famous in the slightest, but used to live with (and still good friends with) a few people on prime time tv shows. The first rule of celebrity mates club and all that though…

edlong
    Free Member

If its minor league you want. I once saw black lace at a skeg caravan park.

If we’re going that low, I’ve been for a kebab with Black Lace.

njee20
    Free Member

My second cousin is Hugh Jackman.

Can’t remember if I put that in my original post.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Once met Steve worland at cwmcarn doing a photo shoot

I know Geoff Waugh but you know I kinda don’t like to brag about it. 🙄

Amazing how tenuous some of the claims to fame are in this thread. ‘stood behind in a queue’. ‘ served them at a bar’
    LOL.
    Does anyone here do dry cleaning for D-list celebs?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Famous people on STW?’ is closed to new replies.