Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 319 total)
  • Famous people on STW?
  • Kryton57

I’ve been on a space themed comedy show a few times….

Andy-R

meehaja – Member

The repack guy who posts occasionally is pretty famous?

Yes, Charlie Kelly is pretty “famous” in a mountain bike sort of way.

wwaswas

Let’s face it.

If anyone on here is proper famous they would either be shouting it from the rooftops or keeping schtum.

Stephen Fry is a keen DHer so you never know, he might pop in now and again but just not Tweet about it.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Apparently, Pete Docherty used to anonymously frequent Libertines fan forums.

Can’t see him doing much mountain biking though…hello Pete if you are reading this.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hello Papa_Lazarou.

DickBarton

Me…or at least my shadow…I see that everywhere I go so it must be a serious social player…clearly!

IHN

I once took Natalie Imbruglia’s dog for walk.

Sadly there was no euphemism involved.

Harry_the_Spider

I once met Louis de Bernières at an exhibition that he was opening. I was stood waiting next to this bloke who looked like a shambling academic. It turned out to be Mr de Bernières. Scruffy git.

I also once really annoyed Mike Harding.

Therefore I am as famous as everyone else on here.

maccruiskeen

It could have been me. I was asked to hand-double for and inappropriate up the jumper incestuous groping scene in some pick-up shoot for a film thats in the cinemas this week. But at the last moment the body double of the gropee decided that “Its too ****ing cold for this shit” and we binned the idea.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh Damn!

klumpy
    Free Member

I was in Elizabeth: The Golden Age for 9 seconds. (In tights!)
    If you’ve seen that, you’ve seen me. (In tights!)
    (It wasn’t very good.)

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve introduced my parents to the Queen and Prince Phillip.
    I’ve initiated a special print run of The Sun.
    I’ve been seen on Al Jazeera.

I move beyond famous. I move in mysterious ways 8)

IHN

Oh, and of course, I met and shook the hand of Bradley Wiggins and soon after he started his meteoric rise to awesomness. I like to think that I had a little part in it.

And I’ve talked to Phil Liggett about his baboon problem.

franksinatra

rubbed off, thrusting older sister

I assume that is why your relationship with the younger sister did not progress…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

snogged by Kerry katona

Bloody hell I must have been drunk ‘cos I don’t remember a thing!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ahh claims to fame … hmmm. I was once interviewed on Finnish radio and TV to talk about their summer Rock festivals… as most of that summer I drank vodka mash with the locals I might not remember that much of it.

I went to Bruce Dickinsons wife;s garden party and fell -on purpose- into the pool. I was sick later and driven home in a Corvette.

I sat next to Katy Perry at lunch once, didnt even know who she was until the wife pointed it out. she was with her agent and nicely normal.

I was once on a guest list as Tony Hadley, the name is similar but I dont think he was that big a fan of Skid Row, so the doorman accepted it was me.

Some of the above might be true, but they are so obscure why would I invent them? 😉

njee20
    Free Member

I was on, and won The Weakest Link, and all my friends know who I am, so I’m obviously pretty famous!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I cooked Eric Clapton a mackerel once. Does that count?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

all my friends know who I am

Now that’s what I call fame.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Minor league. Why do you ask?

charliedontsurf

I was eating nettles on country file
    Peacefully rioting on the news in the 90s
    Dance energy with Normski surfing in the 90s
    That LV advert went out over 200,000 time one summer.

Cooked for Stefan Dennis, chatted bikes with captain sensible, talked about Bellevue rendezvous with Jonathan Ross, surfed with rob machado, worked with the grumpy one from the goodies… Bill oddey. And worked with… Eeer bloke from Alan partridge, his character worked in the petrol station… Eeeer, he did the voice overs for my TV ads.

Does the bloke from Jesus jones hang out on here?

ocrider

In my yoot, I tape-opped on sessions for both Derek Griffiths and Ralph McTell. I’m like George Martin, but cooler.

spursn17
    Free Member

I have appeared in several newspaper pictures, in the crowd behind the Park Lane goal at Tottenham….

I was also misquoted in “The Times” many years ago….

I found a book with a picture of me standing behind Paul Weller in a pub….

I was on BBC London news when they filmed my at my work.

I charge £2.37p for public appearances now 😀

logical
    Free Member

I got you all beaten. I once met Mark Curry AND Yvette Feilding at RAF Cosford!

alpin
    Free Member

I mistook Alan Parsons for a stage hand and asked him to hold a piece of wood and pass me some screwson a job last year. Thought it a bit odd that he let hanging around on the stage and getting in the way until he stared his sound check and informed me as to who he was.

And I’ve got a photo somewhere of me with David Attenborough. I was about two.

alpin
    Free Member

Oh, and I’ve been interviewed on Bavarian radio about critical mass.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy knows Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson, she also helped Charlie get a Grand Piano up 4 flights of stairs into his Flat.
    She has renovated some ” famous ” BBC & C4 newsreaders homes.

Does she count.

You can tell I only hang around with her so the awsomnez rubs off..

😆

crazy-legs

That’s nothing, I met them when I WAS ON BLUE PETER!

deadslow

Are you John Noakes crazy-legs?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s nothing, I met them when I WAS ON BLUE PETER!

Pffft.

I’ve had a piss in the Blue Peter garden.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You work as a gardener Flashheart ?

Drac

Percy Thrower needed some post it notes for his seedlings.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

Was working there many years ago. After show party, far too much beer, needed to go. All occupied, so I stepped outside. Only mid-stream did I realise my location!

nickc

Pffft, contestant on crackerjack. And I turned down a chance to meet the Nolan Sisters.

Drac

I was on Razzmatazz, Morning Practice, Helicopter Heroes and the first Junior Doctors.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’ll take your Mark Curry and Yvette Feilding and raise you an afternoon tea With Eric Morecambe when I was 5. 😀

Edit; I was also in a band and we we interviewed by Nick Knowles for a local news program. We were described as the ‘M4 Sound’ 😕 Same band also toured 3 times with Squeeze and supported Elvis Costello at Shepards Bush Empire.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

My brother inlaw lived next door to Geoffrey from Rainbow, its a five min walk from my house… bizarrely a ten minute walk in the opposite direction takes you to a house owned by Jonny Depp. I’m a jonny and Geoffrey sandwich natch.

aracer
    Free Member

I recently had a letter printed in the Malvern Gazette

white101

Is CFH secretly Les Ferdinand? he once broke into the BP garden and pi$$ed n the pond.

pootle
    Free Member

I was in The Flumps.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Famous people on STW?’ is closed to new replies.