Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Family trip to Delamere?
  • Garry_Lager

How does Delamere forest work out for a family visit? We’re camping reasonably close by – it would be me cycling the fixie with our little girl in a child seat, missus on a MTB and our 5 yo on his wee bike. Is there nice bimbling around to be had? Any other family stuff to do there? Cheers.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

will be fine – loads of fireroads to explore

project
    Free Member

Big hill called Pale heights or spy hill, below is the visitor centre,car park, bike shop toilets and cafe,head away from visitor centre away from the hill and reach a speedy road, cross with care lots of fire road here , turn left for the skils area when on the other side of the forest.

richpips
    Free Member

Loads of easy stuff there. I rode with my kids there long before they could ride bikes independently.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, as they’ve all said… It’s a good day out.

Garry_Lager

THanks all, gie it a whirl tomorrow.

project
    Free Member

Lots of squirrels in the car park on the switchback road , they like nuts and stuff to eat, free parking there as well.

Also ask the local where the log cabins are going its a good sport seeing how long they take to errupt like a shaken bottle of pop with added sugar.

There is a realitively easy rout up old pale,not the first path but the second heading from the visitor centre, fantastic views over norht wales, cheshire etc, and see if you can spot why its also called spy hill.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Family trip to Delamere?’ is closed to new replies.