Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Family tent – any decent deals / recommendations
  • DT78
    Free Member

Been on the lookout for a decent deal since Black Friday, nothing so far.

For a family of 4, 3.5 and 1.5 year old

Criteria
    2 separate rooms ideally at either end of tent
    Decent size family bit
    Blackout rooms
    Super easy to pitch with small people around. Possibly air beam
    Not stupid expensive

Was hoping the decathlon one would be in sale but it’s not the smaller 4 man is

jam-bo

Khyam website had 50% off rrp yesterday.

DT78
    Free Member

Not heard of khyam before, seems to be 30% today still a bit more than I was looking to spend

This is the sort of style I’m looking for…no reviews so no idea if branded tat
    https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/berghaus-air-6-tent-p482699

jam-bo

Still there on the front page. BD50 gives you 50% off RRP.

DT78
    Free Member

Ta. Works on bundles. Can’t seem to find many reviews, do you have one? Happy with it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Khyam are stalwarts of the family tenting community not exactly fly by night cowboys.

But there was a decathlon airbeam PSA on here a couple days ago that was 100 quid . –no good ?

jam-bo

No, just saw the deal. I’ve got an enormous outwell bear lake 6, takes two people about an hour to pitch. Great for long camping trips but a pain for weekends away etc. And it weighs about 100kg.

Vortexracing

Had a Khyam for about 15 years. Great tent.

I bought a biker plus before Christmas which I must say is spot on. Although I have not tried it in anger yet.

They are a good reliable make of tent and seem a pretty good company to deal with.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I’ve got the berghaus air 4 and been very impressed with it for car camping, so that air 6 at that price seems like good value. I believe berghaus license their name tomilletts for tents, with go out doors being part of the same group now. They’re well made, i can put it up on my own in 15 minutes and easy to pack down. I’ve head a number of mid range car camping tents over the years and the air 4 has been my favourite. The only difference wn side is that it’s a large heavy beast which takes up half the boot so I dread to think how big the air 6 is! The air 4 comes in a well made bag with wheels for transporting

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m not sure its for you but I have a brand new outwell drummond 7 sitting in the loft, I have a family of 4 & the tent you have linked to is fine if you like cosy, my one is much more sturdy & spacious which was the reality of us camping as a family, I would take £300 for it if you could collect from N/london or Herts but I won’t post it.

Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Family tent – any decent deals / recommendations’ is closed to new replies.