• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Family members giving lifts to other family members
  • the-muffin-man

I’m not one to break the rules but I’m struggling to see – (apart from the law!) – why my parents can’t run my daughter to school and to take her to the stables where her horse is kept.

Under the current law it would be fine for me to stick her on a public bus or train with 30+ others but not send her with my parents who have been nowhere since mid-march.

From the 15th it’s going to be a big deal for us as me and the wife will be back to full time working as this is where my parents always stepped in.

Can’t help feeling there must be 1000’s more in this position.

tjagain

Agai – its about benefit v risk. Your parents would be risking getting the virus. A risk that otherwise they would not have.

Its not about the risk to the child. Its about spreading the virus to others.

martinhutch

Under the current law it would be fine for me to stick her on a public bus or train with 30+ others but not send her with my parents who have been nowhere since mid-march.

There’s a reason your parents have not been anywhere since March.

It seems like there is growing evidence that a large proportion of infections in children are completely asymptomatic, and that asymptomatic carriers may still shed virus and infect others.

The interior of a car is an almost perfect location to circulate virus particles shed by an infected person. Followed closely by a school classroom, I suspect.

Aidy
    Free Member

They could cycle over together within the rules

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Family members giving lifts to other family members’ is closed to new replies.