Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Family holiday to the alps, where to stay for cheap?
  • lister

Right, we’ve booked most of august off and we’re heading to France.
    The plan so far is to spend a couple of days in EuroDisney then head to somewhere in the alps.
    Bikes will be in the van so no room for camping kit as well. We’re hoping to head to Annecy for a bit then maybe somewhere like Tignes for a while.
    Open to suggestions though…
    Kids are 7 and 9 so it’s not bonkers Alpine riding but i was in Tignes this summer and a couple of days on the lifts is a possibility.

Csn you help with places to stay. Apartements, pods, anything cheap really?
    Also, any cunning tricks to make the Disney accomm and tickets cheaper?

Many thanks!

footflaps

My first trips were all climbing club trips camping here: http://www.ailefroide.fr/camping/

Beautiful area, with lots to to.

onewheelgood

How cheap? We’ve stayed in the Samoens area with http://www.alpsaccomodation.com a few times and thought it was pretty good value.

lister

As cheap as possible! I’ve seen apartments for 220 euros ish in Tignes…is that good?

Edukator
    Free Member

That Ailefroide campsite is in a good location for climbing but I’m struggling with the lots to do. There is nothing up that valley. The campsite itself was very run down with a dangerous children’s play area and run down toilets/showers.

Try Maeva for cheap flats in resorts in Summer. Tignes has a swimming pool and activities for kids as does La plagne. They might learn a bit of French.

Edukator
    Free Member

220e, yes that’s good.

hammerite
    Free Member

Loads of apartments, but be careful with sizes. Some apartments in the Alps can be obscenely small. Sometimes worth spending a little bit more to end up with something a bit more comfortable – especially if you don’t fancy leaving the bikes in the van while you are there and want to bring them into the apartment/balcony.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Family holiday to the alps, where to stay for cheap?’ is closed to new replies.