Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Family Christmas movies that are actually worth watching.
  • tonyd

Gremlins is a great Christmas film too.

Be careful with Gremlins. My two are 13 and 14 now and haven’t been introduced to Gremlins because of this scene

ac505
    Free Member

Our annual Xmas watch was Black Sheep, all my nieces and nephews loved it. Think Dog Soldiers, but more gory  and with sheep.

fazzini

Prep and Landing series. 

mahalo

@tonyd my kids have watched Gremlins for years and only recently did I clock that scene! Managed to talk my way out of it; it was her dad dressed up not the real one, the real one will still have turned up etc etc but always wonder if they are pretending to believe now… there should be a writers code never to alude to that in anything no matter the rating!

in other news. Lots of classics here but the best modern-ish one I’ve seen is ‘The Night Before’ probs not for young families but PMSL!

Cougar

Her logic is clearly flawed. By that reasoning I could disprove god.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

Muppets Christmas carol

mildred

I suppose it depends on your family but here are our  Christmas staples:

Elf

Die Hard 1 & 2

Home Alone 1 & 2

Scrooged

Office Christmas party

Daddy’s home 2

National Lampoons Christmas vacation

Gremlins

The Grinch (Jim Carey version)

Polar Express

Holiday Inn

White Christmas

Muppets Christmas Carol

Its a wonderful Life

I also give Planes Trains & Automobiles a honourable mention even though it’s though a thanksgiving film, and normally kicks off our “seasonal films”  binge..

Kramer
    Free Member

Gremlins was rated 15 when it came out, possibly explaining the Santa Claus story in the script.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Amazon prime has the grinch and how the grinch stole Christmas

lambchop
    Free Member

Big fans of Angels Sing in our house. Willie Nelson, Harry Connick, Lyle Lovett among others. Sure it’s schmaltzy, but hey it’s Christmas

136stu
    Free Member

Rare Exports.

Pierre

We watched Gremlins the other day, I had fond memories of it and thought my 10 year old would enjoy it.

It’s rubbish! It hasn’t aged well. The part in the bar is too long and just stupid, not funny stupid, but puppeteers going “let’s dick about with some more costumes” stupid. The end bit in the department store is pants. The whole film was pretty disappointing, which is a big shame as I really wanted a good Christmas film as an alternative to all the Richard Curtis crap.

birky
    Free Member

Depending on the age of the kids …

Scrooged

Trading places

tomhoward

For anyone whose family is all older than 15, Violent Night.

Xmas story, people questioning if Santa (David Harbour) is real or not etc combined with Die hard and gratuitous gory violence.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12003946/

chakaping
    Free Member

The Futurama episodes with Santa Bot.

IdleJon

For anyone whose family is all older than 15, Violent Night.

I caught some of this over the weekend, maybe 20 minutes. I’d have to be drunk to think it was worth watching any more than that.

jwt
    Free Member

The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper, sadly only 11 minutes long, but well worth it.
    on Netflix with some other Dreamworks titles, that I haven’t seen.
    Watch DreamWorks Holiday Classics | Netflix

simondbarnes

Candy Cane Lane

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.