Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Family campsites in France any recommendations?
  • TonyL
    Free Member

Fed up with crap weather in the UK so thought we would try camping in France this summer but where to go with an estate car full of kids? Last time I camped in France was twenty odd years ago travelling through on a motorbike and stopping where ever took my fancy often just using a survival bag tied to the bike as a tarp. Apparently (according to wife) camping with kids needs to be a bit more organised. Anyone know of any good campsites I’m thinking west coast Pays de la Loire or Brittany (to limit the time in the car for the kids). Any one know of any hidden gems? Don’t want the French butlins type of experience which my google search seemed to turn up.

MrsTricky
    Free Member

This one in Amboise
    is one of my favourites – an easy walk into town, the local swimming pool is just next door, you can cycle along the Loire, really lovely. Facilities aren't brilliant, and it gets quite busy in summer, but it was the cheapest camp site we stayed in during our whole holiday last year.

We quite like the municipal camp site in Verdun too (swimming pool on site)

MrsT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Family campsites in France any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.