Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Falsified EPC; what do you reckon?
  • v8ninety

I’ve just noticed that the land lord’s EPC rating for the house we rent is based on there being secondary glazing throughout. This isn’t the case; there are two windows upstairs with secondary glazing but other than that we are on thin old single glazing throughout. Obviously we knew there wasn’t secondary glazing when we moved in, but it seems a bit naughty that they have somehow got away with not fitting it, when it seems they should have in order to get the property up to a high enough EPC rating for a rental property.

I don’t want to fall out with the landlord, and I don’t want the rent to go up. WWSTW do? Get more wood in? All this talk of cracking down on wood burners is bound to send the price of decent wood up, and oil prices are currently sky rocketing. Would be nice not to be working just to heat the immediate vicinity of the house.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Isn’t the main problem with EPC they’re just fabricated any how? No actual testing or anything just a few boxes ticked on a report.

The report is also compiled by a 3rd party isn’t it? (Arranged by the letting agent no doubt) so not the landlord’s fault per se.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d assume the work experience kid who did it saw the first window, correctly identified it as probably being a window and not a door and based the rest on that

footflaps

They’re barely worth the paper they’re written on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Falsified EPC; what do you reckon?’ is closed to new replies.