Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Falling in love – with the “wrong” person
  • mikey3
    Free Member

Atleast we have discovered that poopscoop is alan partridge.

martinhutch

Met her on a diving holiday, you say?

Right now a talking crab is probably advising her against seeing you again.

hels
    Free Member

Now this is more I what I was hoping for from this thread!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

Atleast we have discovered that poopscoop is alan partridge.

Genuine LOL. Sorry Poopscoop.

On the other hand, he could be DTF’s new login for even more subtle trolling.

maxtorque

Between getting Narc’d and hitting the wacy-backy i suspect that a lot of the crabs do in fact talk if you just know how to listen……..

martinhutch

On the other hand, he could be DTF’s new login for even more subtle trolling.

Unlikely. I heard he was dead.

MoreCashThanDash

Obviously, I wouldn’t say that MrsMC is the wrong person, but our relationship went;
    Boy meets girl (on a charity walk up Ben Nevis)
    A month later boy moves 180 miles away to a new job.
    After 18 months of weekends spent on the M25 and M11, girl moves 4500 miles to the edge of Siberia
    After a year she comes back to just 30 miles away
    Four years after meeting she gives in and moves in with me

maxtorque

slowly, slowly, catchy monkey?

(not that i’m suggesting MrsMc is a monkey……. 😉

Kryton57

Unlikely. I heard he was dead.

Well, he might not be but lets just post that that he is to alert his family to the fact they’d better knock on the door and check he’s OK.

Kryton57

Wait!

I didn’t appreciate Crabs were involved:

lyclear dermal cream

Edit:  Arse, I’ve been suckered into googling cream for venereal disease on my work laptop.

martinhutch
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Actually there is a good chance it wasn’t like it sounded, Thailand has a rapidly expanding educated middle class – as does my wife’s country the Philippines.

I didn’t give all the details, even anonymously its still airing my mates laundry in public, but there a ‘mitigating circumstances’ to back up my theory.

MoreCashThanDash

Maxtorque – the little monkeys came along when we eventually got married

theboatman
    Free Member

i’m 45, she’s 28

I would say go for it if it makes you both happy, whether it lasts a weekend or a lifetime (granted, more likely your lifetime) there is nothing to lose.

I’m 47 and started dating a 34 year old a few months ago. We met via work, working for different companies. Just seemed to click, I never thought anything would come of it given the age difference. But seems it did, and any thoughts I perceived of any social awkwardness, seem to have been just that. It’s ticking along rather nicely, and if it ended tomorrow I don’t think either of us would have lost anything.

slackalice
    Free Member

Y’know what OP? Follow your intuition, wear your heart on your sleeve and go grab the adventure. This is not a rehearsal and if it’s as you say it is, where you are both equally intoxicated with each other, what have you got to lose? Everything to gain, whatever, however, wherever this journey takes you.

Too many people live in fear, afraid to take the risks, afraid to live, afraid to embrace what being human in this day and age means. **** go for it chap, enjoy and send us a postcard 😁

leffeboy

Too many people live in fear, afraid to take the risks, afraid to live, afraid to embrace what being human in this day and age means.

Troo dat,  but you also need to read some of the other threads where people have made the wrong choices and ended up in a painful place.  It isn’t all about the journey and pausing to reflect isn’t a bad thing, as long as it’s only a pause

slackalice
    Free Member

Yet they made a choice and whatever the outcome, good from bad always. The painful outcomes are what makes us, if we all spent our lives surfing the crest of life’s wave, we would learn nothing about ourselves and humility would not exist. Hubris, in fact.

And IMO it’s always about the journey, not the destination. Enjoy the process because if you don’t enjoy the process, don’t bother breathe!

Reflection? All the time, how else can we learn from our experiences?

YMMV of course 😉

johnx2
    Free Member

no dating anyone from Essex as it involves going through the Dartford Tunnel.

Oh aye?

Cougar

And IMO it’s always about the journey, not the destination.

I completely agree with this, so long as if the destination turns out to be Beirut you have the strength of character to get the hell out of there again.

Cougar

Plus, honestly, if I were in a relationship today where my partner was several thousand miles away and we only saw each other every six months, it’d have to be an open relationship. For her benefit as much as mine.

leffeboy

And IMO it’s always about the journey, not the destination.

Its not a binary choice, you can have both. But I do agree that the journey is there to be enjoyed

rOcKeTdOg

she was 23, I was 36, she was in Edinburgh, I was in Worcester. we met in the hotel she was working in when I was up there on a MTB holiday.She said it would be only sex, I gave in and agreed to it. and journeyed down to the midlands and we had a great time.

happy days, we are still friends 16 years later, just without all the benefits, so to conclude, it can work but you need to state your intentions from the outset rather than go with the flow hoping for something secretly

torsoinalake
    Free Member

From the experience of a male relative who got involved with a younger woman at round about the same age, you may need to factor in being a father to teenagers when you are at retirement age.

theboatman
    Free Member

it’d have to be an open relationship.

Whilst I admire the sentiment and emotional maturity probably require to negotiate this, wouldn’t it be easier to see someone local and just treat yourself to an away day every 6 months 👌

tdog
    Free Member

Beat this!

Met a 33yr “high maintenance type girl mentality” who I was warned off as a “beyond repair type” but she really intrigued me with such feisty energy

Anyway to cut a long tragic story short, wanted to use protection but got her pregnant the first 7 hr sex session (yes my balls were bursting at the seams)🤡

She had another breakdown episode and that I supported her travelling lots to visit and be there with her as much as possible to continue putting up with her abusive behaviour and condition really royally f’d with my head so much so that I went off by meeting a 51yrs woman who I found has a bf who asks her to shit on him and perform sexual acts against the bible or something

I then found out that she uses speed and coke so got the heck out of dodge!

My query is is wtf is wrong with women and society these days

It’s a messed up world out there so be careful stw’ers

Edit) it turns out that I do not believe in abortion but that she chose to in a not sound of mind type situation as she knew from being told that she wouldn’t be able to keep the baby in this circumstance

I had an utterly disastrous 2019 one way or another and hoping to see 2020 as a optimistically entertaining one and to work on myself and get fit

brant
    Free Member

tdog
    Free Member

BRANT BRANT BRANT!

Come on fella do share…

bikebouy
    Free Member

She said it would be only sex,

I gave in and agreed to it.

and journeyed down to the midlands and we had a great time.

Sounds like a Jarvis Cocker lyric 🤪👍💋

bearnecessities

epicyclo

torsoinalake
    … you may need to factor in being a father to teenagers when you are at retirement age.

Ha, been there! No problem, just stay fit so you can still smoke them on the bike. They hate that. And if they do manage to beat you, they can’t crow about beating someone that old. 🙂

pirahna
    Free Member

Bloke I used to work with married a Thai prostitute half his age. They stayed married for a couple of years, I think it was mainly to do with his acquiring land in Thailand or something. He was a proper sex case though.

Poopscoop

Op, just make sure you double bag it mate.*

That’s a long way to travel and even if you have a tactical tug on the plane, the little guy down there is likely to be frothing like a rabid rabbit upon arrival in the US.

Carrying on with my costing theme, make sure you go economy and she buys the booze.

* Urban myth. Friction between the two condoms causes them to perish. Better off going with a single condom and lots of spermicide. I mean lots.

Good luck and look forward to the STD thread.😉

Poopscoop

tdog

so that I went off by meeting a 51yrs woman who I found has a bf who asks her to shit on him

Christ, even I’m struggling to blame that on Brexit.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

My query is is wtf is wrong with women and society these days

The same thing that is wrong with men.

And crazies date crazies dude – don’t blame it on her that you ended up having an affair with an older bird who shits on her man.

My point being is that you’ll never have any kind of objective view of your life or in fact any closure if you carry on with your train of thought.

slackalice
    Free Member

it turns out that I do not believe in abortion but that she chose to in a not sound of mind type situation as she knew from being told that she wouldn’t be able to keep the baby in this circumstance

It sounds like she has a bit more grasp of her mental state than you do yours chap.

And FFS, it’s only a ‘baby’ for a very short amount of time! Why do people say: “Oh, we’re having a baby!”? NO! No you’re not! You’re bringing ANOTHER human being into the world and there are 7billion of us already and exponentially increasing, in every sense ( especially when stuffing all the crap food down their gullets). Stop it! Just **** stop it! Most of you are incapable of raising yourselves, let alone another new person. Put it away or put a bag on it FFS!

And that there is my new year rant 😁😉

maxtorque

ok, NOW this thread is going in a proper weird direction!

chakaping
    Free Member

You can say that again.

#nofilter

tdog
    Free Member

Slack alice – try telling her that!

Then you’re more man than internet mouse

Plus life is never ever that simple to those that type like they know better

Anyway I ran from both females and thank the lord I did find sense in the end
    Still hard running away from the pregnant fruit loop though as I was always there for her and so a bond grew in whatever messed up place she was in and put me through

shermer75
    Free Member

Christ, even I’m struggling to blame that on Brexit.

This is very funny!

mooman
    Free Member

This thread went from sad, to funny … to plain concerning.

Some threads have an ability to identify the cognitive and personality deficits some of the regular posters on here have.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Falling in love – with the “wrong” person’ is closed to new replies.