Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • Falling in love – with the “wrong” person
  • maxtorque

OK, STW, lets have your “i fell for an completely inappropriate person and it was a total disaster” stories to make me feel better, as i’m claiming a world record here, having just had a bit of a “head of heals” moment for a woman nearly half my age, who lives 6250 miles away from me……

(it’s not a mid liufe crisis i promise……)

#oldenoughtoknowbetter 😉

thepurist

Louise?

chewkw
    Free Member

… as i’m claiming a world record here, having just had a bit of a “head of heals” moment for a woman nearly half my age, who lives 6250 miles away from me……

You sure you have not been asked to send some money over yet or asked to redeem some inheritance?

maxtorque

lol no, she’s not called louise!

(or indeed brian…. 😉

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Buzzcocks did a song about that

martinhutch

Orgasm Addict?

MSP

Orgasm Addict?

With a webcam, let the blackmail commence!

Pigface
    Free Member

Why is she wrong, wrong place, wrong time maybe but she is right.

submarined
    Free Member

Even if she’s emigrated, it’s still illegal to enter into relations with your own sister.

slowoldman

I find it hard to comprehend falling love with someone 6250 miles away. Sounds like lust to me.

maxtorque

I generally find it hard to comprehend falling in love with someone at all, irrespective of distance, which is what made it something of a suprise to me as well!

bikebouy
    Free Member

#luvyoushorttimetakethemoneyandruninitforthepassport

maccruiskeen

Why is she wrong,

Shes half his age but the Op neglects to say how old he is 🙂

Kryton57

Well, hopefully he’s older than 31 or we have an issue.

martinhutch

6250 miles away from me……

That’s only six hours on clear roads, provided you make progress properly. 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

Sounds like a cathexis to me – or put it another way, an object of desire. Or as above, ‘lust’.

Define ‘love’ please OP. And how are you with the thought of starting a family? At your age? 😉

Either way, she’s more than likely got father /paternal issues, hence the possible attraction for an older man.

Fill yer boots but don’t commit yourself, would be my strategy/advice.

leffeboy

it’s not a mid liufe crisis i promise……

where’s that chinny reckon pic when you need it 🙂

no,no, this one is really speshul etc.

theboatman
    Free Member

That’s only six hours on clear roads

You would want to be pretty sure she was DTF before you set off.

northernsoul

If that’s e.g. Canada, then it’s a win win if you visit. My wife lived in Auckland for 2 years before we were married (we got engaged whilst she was still living there though, and I was in the UK). I had 2 great trips there, got to see her obvs but also did tours of N and S islands. Some special memories. As for the age thing, if you click then you click, there are lots of great relationships between older and younger partners, plus some bad ones, but you could say the same thing where the ages are similar.

franksinatra

The acceptable age difference formula is:
    (your age / 2) + 7.

If she is this age or older then it’s all fair. Under this age you are a bit tragic.

martinhutch

Yes, but what about you and Mia Farrow?

Hypocrite!

Mister-P
    Free Member

You would want to be pretty sure she was DTF before you set off.

David Taylforth?

Edukator
    Free Member

On holiday in Thailand now this thread! You’re in lust! No fool like and old fool but that’s only another way of saying “oldenoughtoknowbetter “. I hope you’re over 30 😉

martinhutch

David Taylforth?

Getting a lovelorn STWer to travel six thousand miles would be his finest troll ever.

hels
    Free Member

I have two questions about this:

1. Have you met this person and know that they aren’t a fat beardy Russian bloke?

2. Franksinatra does that rule apply if you are a female person? Or does the usual double standard apply?

Thanks

molgrips
    Free Member

I find it hard to comprehend falling love with someone 6250 miles away. Sounds like lust to me.

Lust? You can’t be properly sexually attracted to someone over the internet. You can however fall in love easily with the right person because all you can do is talk, and that’s the basis of a sound relationship. If you talk long enough you know someone’s right for you.

Edukator
    Free Member

OwenP

Not much help for the OP here yet!

I can’t help either, but it made me remember the entertainment of this STW relationship thread:

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-needed-getting-out-of-the-friend-zone/

Might help, might not. 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member
    bearnecessities

I ❤️ DTF

chakaping
    Free Member

I can see why a fella might fall for DTF, laughing you into bed and all that.

singletrackmind

I thought 20% age gap was the accepted norm for stable relationships.
    So when you are 30 its +/- 6years , 40 +/- 8 years , 50 +/- 10 years etc
    As you grow older your range increases , I suppose you change less as well.

stwhannah

OK, you still beat me but I’m on 4702 miles, a 15 year age gap, and I’m totally in love. I’d have called bullshit if anyone had told me this a couple a years ago, but there it is. As long as you don’t go bankrupt buying plane tickets or do anything stupid like getting married and leaving yourself open to having your assets claimed by someone who isn’t what you thought they were, what’s the problem? Grab happiness where you find it, be grateful for it, if it doesn’t work out, be grateful for what you had.

Edukator
    Free Member

We know how roughly how old the OP is so his young Thai bridde to be maybe is definitely young enough to be his daughter.

Still, whatever you feel comfortable with OP. It must have been quite a diving holiday. It’s a cross cultural morality issue for me so I wouldn’t go there in either sense. Young Thai brides are brought up by rural Chinese for a few thousand dollars and are easy picking for rich white men from around the the world. You can look at it from a positive point of view if you think they go to better lives or from a negaitive point of view if you think they are being ripped out of their culture and soiciety in a form of thinly disguised prostitution. All for you to meditate OP. Who am I to judge?

emsz
    Free Member

Loves a bitch, you fall in love, and she’s **** off to uni, but y’know eventually you might if you’re lucky manage to end up in a cottage together…don’t ask me BTW, I’ve no idea, but that **** for rich parents right?

Chase it, you only live once, and what’s the worst that can happen?

Kryton57

You can’t be properly sexually attracted to someone over the internet.

ive been told by a friend that there’s quite a few websites where this is indeed possible.

jeffc

‘Head of heals’? WTF? ‘Head over heels’ perhaps?

Houns

Where shall I ‘kin start? 😖

convert

The acceptable age difference formula is:
    (your age / 2) + 7.

That would make me at 47 and a 30yr old be ok. Whilst I can see the obvious short term possible physical positives (for me obvs) here she’d have to be a pretty odd 30 year old for it to work.

My cousins’ ex husband got together with one of his daughter’s best friends. Moved in and she has just had a baby with him. 47 and 23. And he’d have known her as as pre teen growing up with his daughter. No no no.

TedC

Wreckless Eric to the forum please!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Falling in love – with the “wrong” person’ is closed to new replies.