Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • fake goods on the classifieds
  • davidjones15
    Free Member

Nope. DX lights are labelled as DX, Superstar components as Superstar etc so are not fakes. They may have copied someone elses technical design but they are not fakes ie. purporting to be something they aren’t.

Best you get shouty at gab344 and PeterPoddy rather than me then.

druidh
    Free Member

I have nothing constructive to add. 😆

I don’t think Superstar are passing off their goods as being made by someone else or copying anyones design. It’s mostly stuff pulled from a catalogue and branded on their behalf, same as it is by many other folk.

crikey
    Free Member

Impossible to police, fake stuff is a fact of life and STW is not the place for any kind of attempt to turn back that tide.

Be realistic.

DrP

I’ve got several copies of STW issues 97 through 123 on Betamax if anyone want to copy them……

DrP

midlifecrashes

How about that bloke wot copied Dekerf frames, had them made up in Far East from gas pipe, rather than handbuilt from Reynolds by a bald bloke, called them Inbred or something. What about him, well, what about him???? I think we should be told! 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

It may well be an offence to allow counterfeit goods to be traded via your website (as it is if you run a market/car boot sale).

vinnyeh

I have nothing constructive to add.

Scant news?

jota180
    Free Member

Be realistic.

They are being realistic, if it appears to be fake you can’t sell it and the thread will be pulled
    Of course some will get through but I don’t think they thought it was a perfect solution just a common sense one

crikey
    Free Member

It may well be an offence to allow counterfeit goods to be traded via your website (as it is if you run a market/car boot sale).

It may well be, and probably should be.

However, the question of policing it arises, and I can’t see how STW can possibly do that without someone sitting down and checking each and every classified ad for potential fake goods.

It’s just not a realistic proposition, IMHO.

Drac

After my ads offering up the complete back catalogue of issues of stw on cd were pulled I reported several of the Fakely threads, but no action was taken by the mods.

Maybe your reports inspired the new rule, some decision we don’t not take straight away and involve discussion with the mag/forum owners.

grum
    Free Member

I’ll update my “Report Post” Macro to include that option…..

Say what now?

druidh
    Free Member

4 hours!! 4 bluddy hours before anyone commented!!!

duckman

It seems fair. A lot of the companies;eg Oakley,don’t mess about. It is not so much a case of “stop allowing these ads” as “give us a lot of money for allowing them.” Classifieds is after all,a privilege.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Barring some clothing and glasses, is there anything else out there cycling related that is faked?

cardo

Barring some clothing and glasses, is there anything else out there cycling related that is faked?

Yes strava times judging by some peoples results …. 😉

shaggy

King headsets.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice to see the rule change though. I’d expect a spike in premier account take-ups over the next few days.

tomhoward

Chinarellos? There were a few copies of high end Italian branded carbon road frames doing the rounds a bit ago that were of questionable authenticity. Still carbon, but different layering to the real thang. Quality depends on your expectation.

Wondering what the ops motivation for posting was though. Been stung?

druidh
    Free Member

What about links/recommendations to those dodgy “streaming” sites for F1, TdF etc?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘fake goods on the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.