Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fake Feiyu tech G5 gimbals?
  • MSP

Was looking at gimbals for my gopro, and normally they are 200 quid + (which is already a decent discount on rrp0, but they can go as low as 130 quid on ebay. Now that would normally be a ‘too good to be true’ price IMO. However I wonder if it is actually worth faking, they are already made in China and cheaper than their competition. They are also a small volume item, so the sales potential for fakes will be exponentially smaller.

So what do you think, is 130 quid too good to be true or legit?

AlexSimon

They can be bought from legitimate stores for £150, so either a) it’s believable or b) there’s no point in taking the risk for £20

e.g. https://www.gearbest.com/fpv-system/pp_607771.html

actually here at £118!
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Feiyu-Tech-G5-3-Axis-Waterproof-Brushless-Handheld-Gimbal-374814.html

MSP

those are not legitimate store, or at least they are not in Europe and of unknown providence whether they sell legitimate gear or not, they could do but then i would have to add import duty, vat and probably have zero warranty support.

AlexSimon

I’ve bought 20-30 things from these stores. They sold Feiyu well before other companies caught on (same with DJI and many other Chinese brands).

If you choose their free postage there has never been duty to pay.

You are correct that you wont have shop warranty (or at least it’s too painful to be worth it a lot of the time. I have had some successes though) – sometimes manufacturers deal direct though. See the manufacturer for details.

I would do it, but YMMV.

Tiger6791

Also been looking at these.

What do we think for versatility Skiing and the Bike ? Wearable or handheld?

MSP

The wearable one is a few years old now, the g5 has had an update fairly recently to upgrade the motors and iron out a few niggles. personally i would;d avoid the wg2 at the moment. If I wanted a wearable i would go for the go pro karma grio, which you can split and put the battery in your backpack while while attaching the business end to the straps, and it is meant to have better stabilization (according to the reviews).

Tiger6791

Right any reason not to hit the money gun on Smooth Q??

Tiger6791

Mini bump, gonna order the Smooth Q unless someone tells me it’s a complete pup.

The you tube reviews seem to rate it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fake Feiyu tech G5 gimbals?’ is closed to new replies.