Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Fair City Enduro
  • unknown
    Free Member

So who’s going this weekend? I don’t know the terrain but with rain most of this week it could be a mudbath.

swiss01
    Free Member

i actually got some time off to do this but saw the format and not for me. was out to day and the ground’s not too bad. a few more days of rain might put paid to that tho

argee

I miss living in Perth, this type of thing wasn’t on when i was there, what is the course, from the website i can’t really work it out, but it mentions ‘brae’ at the start, so guessing phase 1 is a quick uphill from the inch to the back of the pitch and putt area up Craigie?

Does this take in Kinoull/Deuchny as well as Pitmedden?

Northwind

They’re keeping the course a bit schtum as it’s a no-practice event. I’m really looking forward to it, I’m hopeless at remembering tracks so it’s a leveller 😆

Si
    Free Member

Yep racing dressed up in a green Dialled alpine… Interesting first look at the trails as i’ll be moving to the area 2 weeks after so if you see us come on over… wouldn’t mind a few folk to ride with…

(Disclaimer… There may be a skeleton skin suit being worn…)

unknown
    Free Member

Looking forward to it but no idea what to expect – never ridden in the area and not done one of these new-fangled enduros before. Probably riding a cannondale gemini, but I won’t be troubling the upper reaches of the leaderboard that’s for sure!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Me! Not sure what I’ll dress as, but I’ll be on a green Norco Fluid. Have been riding up there fairly recently, pretty damp and muddy on the more exposed parts but others running really nicely. Expect lots of roots 😀

rugbydick

If you see a vampire on a Carbine, come say hello. I won’t bite…

legend
    Free Member

I’ll be there dressed as a German van owner with an Orange Five – should be easy to spot

EDIT: not an actual German……. you know what I mean

Phil_H

I’ll be there at a marshall point somewhere. Post op recovery means I can’t ride 🙁

geoffj

[video]http://vimeo.com/12793982[/video]

How to ride the pitch n put section 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

😀 Most excellent

doubledunter
    Free Member

I’ll be there, looking forward to it 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

How good was that then? Didn’t even mind the massive wait at the first stage due to meeting some lads who stayed over near Glasgow. Wet and muddy up top and fell off a fair bit but got drier as the route went on. Stages 3 and 4 were crackers, just a shame they couldnt be a bit longer. Overall a great day. Hope Aaron does it again 😀

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Great day out. Glad i put my mud tyres on.

whatnobeer, it was good to meet you. Awesome tweeds btw

unknown
    Free Member

Yep, enjoyed that and only one off. I’d go back next year (with mud tyres), with a couple of tweaks it could be even better.

argee

Heard it was enjoyable, and up Kinoull and Deuchny, always enjoy the downhill bits at Deuchny, not been there in a year or so, but every time i get back up to Perth it seems to have been built up a little more!

BoardinBob

Great day. 1st enduro and i learned some valuable lessons. Lost loads of time on stage 1 and 2. I felt a weird wiggle from the rear on stage 1 which i thought was a puncture. Got off the bike to investigate. Wasnt a puncture so checked the frame and then i suddenly realised i was in a race and i should just have pushed and ran to the end!

Stage 2 i headed into the trees with dark glasses and couldnt see anything. Persevered for a bit before ditching the glasses.

I reckon i lost about 2 minutes because of those mistakes which is a lifetime in these events. Awesome fun though and ive definitely got the enduro bug

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Cracking event! Muddy and slidy fun.

neallyman
    Free Member

Any results up yet?

doubledunter
    Free Member

Great day , most disappointing goody bag in the world though 😆

Northwind

Aye, great day out, I rode like an absolute fanny in stage 2, binned it for no reason near the start and never got my head back in gear but the others were fab. And felt longer than they were, looking at the times! Excellent slippery trails without being as savaged as muckmedden.

Almost ended myself on the seesaw though, thought it was just a ramp and went to drop off the end just as it fell away 😳 Saw Joe Barnes riding round one of the skinnies so I’m counting that as a moral victory.

Results are on the website neallyman.

legend
    Free Member

Results are on http://www.muckmedden.co.uk/

I’ll take 18th in Masters. Lost a load of time being patient with a girl who was having a tough time on stage 2……. then had to have a wee stop when I got lost on stage 5 😀

Si
    Free Member

28th in Masters and joint 72nd overall….Awesome time drifting the hardtail dressed as a skeleton…

Was one of the last down so long que at the beginning, but stage 4 was sublime to end…

Hoping for more next year…

Anyone get any other pics? Some have appeared on facestalk…

Northwind

I think apart from queues the only real criticism I can make is that it was faster to ride round some of the obstacles on s5 than to ride them, and no penalty, as Joe Barnes demonstrated… made a bit of a nonsense of it. Needed some simple way to make it slower, different taping or a forced dismount or something.

But if that’s the only criticism I can come up with, then it means it was very good indeed. Looks like I came in about halfway, again, mostly because of my terrible stage 2 but I am really not that fussed 🙂

chico66
    Free Member

My first Enduro, in fact my first anything! Was well down the table but I really enjoyed myself.

I don’t usually ride in those conditions, I noticed my tyres got really clogged up. Are there any tyres better at handling the mud or is it more down to ability? (sorry to turn this into a what tyre thread)

legend
    Free Member

Not sure about the quality of the event photographer. 490 photos up so far, 480 seem to be of folk gurning up transitions or just standing around

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not sure about the quality of the event photographer. 490 photos up so far, 480 seem to be of folk gurning up transitions or just standing around

Far as I can tell s/he is uploading a massive set. It keeps updating the website with new photos and is scheduled to be finished in 2 days time!

whatnobeer, it was good to meet you. Awesome tweeds btw

Haha, cheers, good to meet you too.

I think apart from queues the only real criticism I can make is that it was faster to ride round some of the obstacles on s5 than to ride them, and no penalty, as Joe Barnes demonstrated… made a bit of a nonsense of it. Needed some simple way to make it slower, different taping or a forced dismount or something.

Think you were meant to be honest and take the long route around them, i saw most of the had a diversion that would take longer than riding the actual feature. I, like a lot of folk, came off the 2nd skinnie before the end, if I hadnt entangled myself in the tape I would of carried on and possibly looked like I hadn’t ridden it.

doubledunter
    Free Member

First enduro, again first competive event ever,really enjoyed it, 43rd in the vets, 192 overall 🙂 great wee day out

cormorant
    Free Member

First time enduro for me. Took up MTB 6 months ago after a 20+ year biking bike – turns out I don’t do too well on mud. 8th last, but not last and not DNF so I’ll take that. Wasn’t impressed by the queues, although greatly cheered by the guy who jumped about 100 places and got away with it by being dressed in stockings and suspenders.

Northwind

Hah, he was standing just in front of us at stage 2 looking like he might die 😆

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Fair City Enduro’ is closed to new replies.