Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fahrenheit 451
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Finally got around to reading this one.

Looked like Bradbury could see into the future 🙂

My grandfather ran off the V-2 rocket film a dozen times and then hoped that some day our cities would up and let the green and the land and the wilderness in more, to remind people that we’re allotted a little space on earth and that we survive in that wilderness that can take back what it has given, as easily as blowing its breath on us or sending the sea to tell us we are not so big. When we forget how close the wilderness is in the night, my grandpa said, some day it will come in and get us, for we will have forgotten how terrible and real it can be. You see?’ Granger turned to Montag. ‘Grandfather’s been dead for all these years, but if you lifted my skull, by God, in the convolutions of my brain you’d find the big ridges of his thumbprint.

easily
    Free Member

One of my favourites when I was growing up.

He’s written some great short stories as well. I think my favourite collection was called “The Golden Apples of the Sun”.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Great book 👍 I’m currently rereading a lot of stuff and I’ll need to get this in the pile. If you liked it I’d recommend Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut if you haven’t read it already.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Indeed.

Good book, good film. In fact I’m surprised it hasn’t been remade.

timbog160

It’s very good – and pretty timeless I think.

devash
    Free Member

Fantastic read. I picked up a beautiful hardback version a few years ago. The campy 60s film version was directed by none other than François Truffaut and is worth a watch too, but read the book first.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Think they’re doing a TV show

Mat

Got this stuck in my head now… F*** me Ray Bradbury (NSFW)

timbog160

I was also a big fan of the Martian Chronicles (Rock Hudson was it?) though have never read the book.

lucien

The illustrated man……had me awake for hours as a teenager

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fahrenheit 451’ is closed to new replies.