Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Facebook slideshow: uploaded without consent, or just created locally?
  • iamtheresurrection

I have a Facebook account that I mostly use to perform admin roles on a company page. I open the FB app most days out of habit, mostly to read how much more interesting my mates lives are than mine…

Does anybody know if the app is uploading the pictures it uses in creating the unpublished slideshows at the top of your feed, or if they are just pulled locally into the app and never uploaded (unless you publish the slideshow)?

Can’t find a setting to turn it off anywhere, and can’t find the answer anywhere either…

Thanks

Drac

It’s local

jam-bo

Put it in airplane mode, take some photos, open the app. You’ll have your answer.

But yeah. I bet it’s local.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can stop facebook having access to your photos (in fact that’s the default). Check in settings, for iOS its outside the app

iamtheresurrection

Thanks Drac.

I realise that Jamba, but I need access to photos to post pictures for work. I could just uses Pages or Hootsuite for that I know, but I also use the app to browse other groups which we post to.

I thought about that too Jambo, but wasn’t certain if it was background uploading them so they were visible even if you were subsequently opening the app offline…

ampthill

Facebook has never uploaded a picture from my phone or PC without me telling it too

The only videos I’ve seen are slide shows of photos I’ve already uploaded

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Facebook slideshow: uploaded without consent, or just created locally?’ is closed to new replies.