• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Facebook photos not displaying on STW?
  • matt_outandabout

Anyone else got this?

I presume it’s a FB change and I need to go back to Flickr..

tjagain

I quite often get blank white space instead of photos – from multiple sources and when other folk obviously see the photos. I assume this is to do with my browser and security settings

scotroutes

I’ve only had FB photos working if there was one photo on the FB post.

I’m using postimages.org these days. It’s quick, requires no registration and gives you a forum link to Copy and Paste without requiring use of the STW tag button.

DickBarton

Perhaps security changes across a few sites? If the photo on FB is set to only a few people to see it, it may not show if you aren’t logged in to FB at the time of viewing on the other site perhaps. It may be a security measure to stop access to FB content from 3rd party sites. It may be a block put in place on this site. It may be a block your browser has to stop 3rd party tracking and content being utilised whilst browsing a completely different site.
    Or it could be that you aren’t doing it properly…

TL:DR – I don’t know why.

footflaps

I’ve found direct linking FB photos pretty unrelible, I guess they are enforcing privacy settings so only allowing valid FB users to access the source eg friends etc.

Drac

It’s never worked that well not even on my iPad. Postimages is the easiest way although they’ve changed the code on the direct link recently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Facebook photos not displaying on STW?’ is closed to new replies.