Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Facebook Marketplace. Am I expecting too much?
  • blokeuptheroad

You’d get annoyed with me then.

Me too. Postage is a hassle.  I live in rural Shropshire, my nearest post office is a 50 minute round trip and is closed on Saturdays.  Packaging it properly so it doesn’t get damaged is a chore, where is that effing tape and bubble wrap?!

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Throbbers claiming it hasn’t arrived despite it being signed for delivery or they suddenly don’t want it despite your photos and accurate description.  The post office losing it and having to go through the grief of claiming for it. I have had all these happen so have a strict no postage policy now.  It’s so much easier to hand it to someone to examine, make sure they are happy and watch them walk away with the cash in your back pocket.</span>

I have little tolerance for anyone who doesn’t like the terms of what I’m selling.  No one is making you buy from me! If you don’t like my advert, the fact I won’t post, deliver or give it you for free then scroll on by!

matt_outandabout

It must be a weird life, being a facebook/ebay scammer…

I have great fun with the phone and Facebook scammers now.

Phone call yesterday

“Hello, I’m calling from the Carphone Warehouse company”

“You’re not are you. You’re a scammer”

———-silence——–

I’ve also had a really frothy reply to the usual

“My courier will pick it up, I’m in Austria currently, but give you payment….”

My reply of “Is your mum proud of you being a scammer?” Clearly struck a nerve… 😂

Superficial
    Free Member

TBH, I think I’d rather deliver locally than give out my address to random roasters to have them turn up on my doorstep.

What I’ve done in the past is give out my postcode and a phone number. IME people don’t realise that they don’t know precisely where they’re going until they actually arrive on your road, then they ring you. If they have no intention of actually turning up, they don’t get your address. Works for me.

In fact, I even sold a car on eBay without the seller ever discovering where I actually lived (obviously he can probably find that from the V5c).

chrishc777
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon – I think Sandra is also selling a (broken) TV and may be confused as to which message thread she’s replying to.

You’re probably right but damn, it’s 2022, incredible technological breakthroughs almost daily and Sandra can’t tell what message thread she’s on on FB

I really try to have faith in humanity but it’s hard

I have millions of FB marketing place stories, my favourite is when I’m selling something I designed and 3D printed and some gammon comments “I’m not sure this is strong enough”. Well no, you’re probably not sure because you have no clue about Physics or much else. Generally when I’m not sure about something I go find out, I don’t post to the world about my intellectual shortcomings

I don’t use Fb but I do use the marketplace quite a bit, living on an island it works well. But yeah the people on there sometimes really get me depressed

Cougar

Them and the ones that buy up stuff cheap then fling them on eBay at extortionate prices.

Nothing stopping you / the original seller from doing that instead?

Of course, it’s eBay, “asking price” is often wildly different from “price someone will pay.” I could stick a parsnip on there for £40, doesn’t mean it’s worth that or that anyone will buy it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Of course, it’s eBay, “asking price” is often wildly different from “price someone will pay.” I could stick a parsnip on there for £40, doesn’t mean it’s worth that or that anyone will buy it.

Sell them as NFTs.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Facebook Marketplace. Am I expecting too much?’ is closed to new replies.