Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Facebook Groups
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Anyone set one up and any advice?

I am going to create Punk Pedlars as a group for Hampshire artist who want to try Peddling to discuss experiences, share stories and arrange meet-ups.

My thoughts are a private group so we keep it just to people who are Pedlars and have some control with some info stickie to the top and then a forum to discuss kit, hints and tips, planned events and reviews of locations but beyond that I am pretty much clueless.

All advice welcome

scotroutes

That’s pretty much it.

Appoint a couple of Admin folk.

Private Group.

Decide if you want the Group to be Publicly “find-able”

Set a couple of entry questions, including one agreeing to Group rules.

Set an Announcement with the Group rules so everyone can see it.

Have a look at the use of Topics to assist searching and sorting.

Go through all the other Group Admin options, there’s a surprising amount of Admin Assist that has been introduced recently.

jam-bo

You can have a public group but still control membership ie who can post.

i resent having to join a group, answer some questions and wait for approval just to find out if it’s relevant or any good.

b230ftw
    Free Member

What about the people who aren’t on Facebook?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Okay – so I can have a Public Group that anyone can see but I can restrict the members who can post, right?

That seems a good option to me.

People who aren’t on Facebook can’t join a Facebook group I assume so let them do their own thing?

Cougar

What about the people who aren’t on Facebook?

Accounts are freely available.

“I don’t want to be on Facebook, but I want to use resources available on Facebook.” Well, pick one. I’m not a gym member but I want to use their treadmill. Also, something something EU something.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cougar – Post Brexit I am sure the are suitable Entitled

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

On Facebook YOU are the resource.

scotroutes

Okay – so I can have a Public Group that anyone can see but I can restrict the members who can post, right?

Preferably, restrict all access to members only.

Two or three simple questions will help weed out the many, many membership requests from spammers.

sharkattack

On Facebook YOU are the resource.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Groups live and die by the quantity/quality of content posted.

Its actually quite hard to get one started and keep the momentum going. SO, restricting who can post may not be the best option. You will probably need to post regularly (daily) for the first 6 – months just to keep member engaged.

Then you can spend huge amounts of time moderating the group, approving members, sorting out arguments etc.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Facebook groups is the only reason i’m still on facebook. Very useful. Otherwise i hate facebook.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Facebook Groups’ is closed to new replies.