Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Facebook group encouraging drivers to drive in cycle lanes! Help Report it.
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

My attention was drawn to this Facebook page urging drivers to drive on cycle paths…

With comments such as this I think it needs taking down and reporting:

Some **** passing me in the same lane when i was stopped at the traffic lights clipped my rear view mirror and then hit the ground like a sack of shit, hope he did some serious damage to himself or his bike!!! Why do I have to pay an excess and claim on my insurance to get my smashed mirror fixed!?!

If you’ve a spare minute report some of the offensive and mindless comments on it!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Driving-on-the-bike-path-just-to-see-how-cyclists-like-it/113633978735210

Unfortunately you have to ‘Like’ it to post comments on it but you can ‘Unlike’ it and report violent comments etc as you do so.

john_drummer
    Free Member

reported under “credible threat of violence”

nbt

likewise. and a couple of comments too – you don;t have to like the page to report comments

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Good stuff, lets hope they take it down. Some real idiots on there.

thomthumb
    Free Member

reported under “credible threat of violence”

+1

MrsToast
    Free Member

“I got hit by a cyclist and broke two bones in my arm, 1 compound fracture and a clean break.”

“Good thing you didn’t get hit by a car.”

“How did you get hit? On a footpath? The cyclist must have been riding fast.”

“I was crossing a road, and he hit me really fast yes, And William, i might not have been hurt as bad if i got hit by a car, i might of gt away with just some bruising, but the cyclist hit me and landed on top of me and his handle bars crushed my arm.”

Er… unless the cyclist jumped a red light at a pedestrian crossing, how is this solely the cyclist’s fault?

Sometimes I love the internet. Other times… less so.

grum
    Free Member

How did they clip his rear view mirror rather than his wing mirror???!!!!! 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

reported, and reposted asking my friends to report it.

ski
    Free Member

how do you report it with farcebook?

[edit] just spotted the link how to report, please ignore…

downshep

Reported.

fenred
    Free Member

Ban FB.

camo16
    Free Member

In retaliation I suggest we all ride NOW and whack some cars and pedestrians.

EDIT: Creating that FB page now. 😈

•• Random violence inspired by Internet forum headline ensues ••

MrsToast
    Free Member

how do you report it with farcebook?

There’s a bunch of links down the lefthand side, one of which is ‘Report this page’.

Still, dunno what you’re all getting your knickers in a twist about, joking about cyclists being an annoyance on the road and killing them/running them down is hilarious, it’s not like it happens in real life.

Oh, wait.

GrahamS

Comments on horrific photo in the gallery:

***king love this photo… KILL EM ALL

“A drunk driver hit this fleet of riders – alot were killed and injured PRETTY SAD!! I guess when they are in a group like this its a terrible tragety but when there on there own being complete idiots its there own fault… apparently its ok for them not abide by road rules and red lights….???”

WTF?! 😯

Cougar

How did they clip his rear view mirror rather than his wing mirror???!!!!!

Wing mirror? What are you driving, a Vauxhall Viva?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Also reported – all missing links collected together?

stumpy01

I ‘liked’ it to report it. How do I now unlike it?

Every time I look on FB, which isn’t very often, they’ve changed it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

they like to drive in the cycle lane on my way home from work around here – tbh i just squeeze past and make sure to make eye contact. – the motorcyclists round here just sit behind the cars when they get up to them and toot the horn till they move.

im all for the motorbikes using the cycle lanes like that 😀

holland have it so right – its an absolute pleasure to ride my rediculously cheap folding bike round noord-holland !

trickydisco
    Free Member

you don’t need to like it to report it.

Just click ‘report page’ on the left hand side

redthunder
    Free Member

ditto

Gary_M
    Free Member

See what happens when idiots riding bikes jump red lights/ride on the pavement/etc – we all get the shit for it

Graham_Clark

Wow…. so sad….

Reported

grum
    Free Member

reported – the internet does seem to encourage people to behave in an unbelievably **** manner.

See what happens when idiots riding bikes jump red lights/ride on the pavement/etc – we all get the shit for it

Pffft – nothing excuses the malevolence of those tossers.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

STUMPY – click unlike afterwards then you get a set of option to report it and say why you are ‘unliking’ it.

D0NK

see what happens when some drivers speed/drinkdrive/toolaround – all motorists get shit for it…oh wait, no they don’t

Gary_M
    Free Member

Pffft – nothing excuses the malevolence of those tossers.

Agreed

GrahamS

Probably worth reporting some of the worst comments too.

Such as this guy:

Leigh Taafe
    A cyclist gave me the finger today – I deadset nearly crossed two lanes of incoming traffic and ran a red light to mow the prick down – **ktard !

I’d really like ask him if it would be fair game for his six year old son, Preston (who is pictured in his profile riding a little scooter in the road) to be run down by one of those nutters. Tw&t.

camo16
    Free Member

FB users clearly get a bit over-excited. But still, who posts these messages under a picture of a horrific crash?

YOUR LYCRA CANT SAVE YOU NOW B*TCHES!!

damn~ he missed one!

KILL EM ALL

and

this needs to happen mroe often

Is this an American thing – or do I need to be scared?

brakes
    Free Member

I expect it’s mostly kids
    and van drivers

oldgit
    Free Member

Got to stop the light jumping, it’s about the only thing they have us on.
    You might not believe this but I’m squeaky clean on the bike, never do red lights even if others around me do.
    However the lights by me can’t be activated by cycles? so you either have to wait for an obliging car or jump them. 😐

GrahamS

I expect it’s mostly kids

Sadly it’s not. Look at the profiles of the posters (mainly completely public) many of them appear to be semi-functioning human adults.

Public FB profiles = mental. I wonder what their bosses or future employers will make of these posts when they google their names (as is pretty standard practise these days).

speaker2animals

Funny int it, if the UK posters were encouraging rioting/looting they’d be getting a jail sentence. Possibly the same if the EDL or islamic group created a “hate” page. But something like this, “oh it’s just frustrated people letting off steam, it’s harmelss”. Who decides these things (well us obviously)?

stumpy01

sparkingchains – Member
    STUMPY – click unlike afterwards then you get a set of option to report it and say why you are ‘unliking’ it

Can’t see an ‘unlike’ button. Every time I use facebook, I remember why I don’t use it. I must be getting too old to navigate it or something…..?

Perhaps reporting it, automatically ‘unlikes’ it.

angryratio
    Free Member

Don’t waste your time typing a reply to the stupidity.
    It’s just some spotty oik with a bodykitted car attempting to be funny.

iainc

reported also

D0NK

Got to stop the light jumping, it’s about the only thing they have us on.

I doubt it’s ever going to happen, besides the rest of the country *mostly* manage to diferentiate between “some” and “all” when a minority of other subsections of society do naughty things.

GrahamS

It’s just some spotty oik with a bodykitted car attempting to be funny.

Sadly it is 50,000 spotty oiks 😯

DezB
    Free Member

People going on there to argue with the retarded members of that group – and the point of that is…?

stumpyjon

Way to much text speak and general illiteracy for it to be very credible. Reported anyway.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Keyboard warriors. Most of them probably still live with their parents.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Facebook group encouraging drivers to drive in cycle lanes! Help Report it.’ is closed to new replies.