Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Facebook 'friends', how many…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do you have? Just looked at a mate of mine & he’s got something like 600! WTF is that all about?
    I’ve got 66 & I know them all personally. Who’s the saddest?

(I know I’m sad for going on there in the 1st place & even for asking on here! 🙄 )

AdamW
    Free Member

0. I don’t have any friends on facebook as I’m not on there.

Saying *that* I don’t have any friends outside of facebook either! 😀 😆

hilldodger
    Free Member

856 and growing 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

As per Adam.

scaredypants

two

one of them’s my daughter, the other is a mate who’s a proper facebook tart, for a grown-up.

Between them they have about a thousand and the number of “do you know” messages I get from FB is mind-boggling. Easy to see how the numbers can go up.

somafunk

As per adam above, nae friends.

samuri
    Free Member

My son, typical teenager was convinced (he might be right), that the number of facebook friends you had was one of the most important things in the world. He graded people on facebook by how many friends they had. We had a conversation one night with him and his friends and they agreed this was the normal convention.

Therefore children in particular may accept facebook friends from pretty much anyone, they’d encourage friending people they didn’t know.

tenfoot

I have 72 (although one is my niece’s dog).

There are several that I block from my news feed though – some people seem to be constantly on holiday or out living it up.

“Oh yes, me and ***** were at heathrow airport waiting to fly when Dire Straits did an impromptu concert……..
    Which was nice”

Etc etc

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have around 150. Out of that number I would say 3 are real friends, 50+ I know through the girlyfriend, 20+ family (mostly the girlfriends side) and the rest are from the cycling club.

I like to add the girlyfriends friends so I can rifle through their holiday snaps for bikini shots.

If I ever split up from my girlfriend and stop cycling my Facebook will look pretty bleak.

Cougar

Off the top of my head, I’ve about two hundred. Which is about 180 more than I should have. A purge may be imminent.

Ambrose

Three hundred and fifty or so. I know them all personally and would happily make each and every one of them a cup of tea and then we’d have a good old natter.

Duane…
    Free Member

878. I’m so cool.

seavers
    Free Member

I ditched FB after a couple of years, it’s a waste of time. If you can’t correspond with people that matter to you with out it then something is wrong.

They offer a service at a price, although you don’t pay any money the real cost is in the information you give them. Everything about you, what you do, what you say. The people you have contact with and what they do and say, the friends they have contact with……and so on.

If you think about it for a bit, it’s not a good thing.

seavers
    Free Member

Three hundred and fifty or so. I know them all personally and would happily make each and every one of them a cup of tea and then we’d have a good old natter.

You must have a big kettle.

chvck
    Free Member

Why? I have no problem with it, I also have a Google account and the amount of data they hold on me is probably far more than Facebook.

timc
    Free Member

905…

id say approx 100-150 close friends & family, another 150 acquaintances, 150 school/college acquaintances, rest are work related, couple of hundred of which i don’t personally know.

seavers
    Free Member

Why?

Well that is fair enough, you choose the services that make sense for your life. You are happy with Google and Facebook doing whatever they want with you data. In return you get to do whatever you need to do.

I like to think twice. I want to know what the trade off is for signing up to such a service. What I am trying to point out is that a lot of people sign up to a service not knowing the true implications.

Are you also of the school of thought that says “If I have done nothing wrong then I have nothing to hide”

chvck
    Free Member

Are you also of the school of thought that says “If I have done nothing wrong then I have nothing to hide”

Nope!

butcher

I have one hundred and four friends.

seavers
    Free Member

Nope!

Good!

chvck
    Free Member

Oh, and a round 100 friends. I’m pretty sure I know them all personally and I tend to unfriend people who I’m no longer in touch with and not close friends.

seavers
    Free Member

Hey, chvck.

Sorry if I came over as a dick, I’m not having a go at you personally or anything, just saying what I think. I don’t want to make bad forum vibes and stuff.

CountZero

They offer a service at a price, although you don’t pay any money the real cost is in the information you give them. Everything about you, what you do, what you say. The people you have contact with and what they do and say, the friends they have contact with……and so on.

The information you give is entirely up to you. Some people who are personal friends of mine put stuff up on Fb which, for me, comes under the heading of ‘too much information!’, whereas I put up hardly anything at all. Certainly nothing that would be of any real use to anyone else. As to how many friends, I haven’t a clue, and can’t be arsed to find out. Most of those who are actual ‘friends’ are people I know personally, but there are also a lot of pages belonging to bands and artists which give me information and a personal level of contact far closer than the old style of web page, usually maintained by some IT wonk employed by the record label. These days it’s usually the artist themselves posting stuff, which is far more intimate and interesting.
    Alison Goldfrapp’s Fb page is brilliant, because she’s a really good photographer, and puts up some very interesting pics. Paper Aeroplanes are another band who are really good at keeping in touch with their fan-base.
    Works for me, anyway.

seavers
    Free Member

The information you give is entirely up to you.

Only it isn’t.

There are so many posts regarding this. I have picked one at random. Just have a read.

http://www.geekosystem.com/facebook-unshared-data-collection/

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/12/facebook-collects-conducts-research-on-status-updates-you-never-post/

scotroutes

Somewhere between 100 and 150. I occasionally cull a few but many on that list are infrequent posters so they’re mot exactly filling my Newsfeed. Some are companies or other organizations whose activities I like to follow or provide status updates on things like weather, trail conditions, snowfall etc. Having said that, I’m finding Twitter useful for some of those now.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

seavers – Member
    Why?
    You are happy with Google and Facebook doing whatever they want with you data.

if you were to use a program that tracks who are looking at your info, you would find sites like this are sharing much more info than facebook, although it is probably just to the highest bidder rather than to some shadey government agency, which to me is a bit more re-assuring

loddrik
    Free Member

0 friends on Facebook. I’m very proud to say.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

278, and I have met all of them.
    It’s good to see what people are up to when I can’t pop round and see them now I’m over in Oz.

Though now I realise the much cooler answer would be something mocking the concept of social media…

pomona
    Free Member

I only friend people who I’ve seen naked or who have seen me naked. I have about 200 at the moment

steveh

1200 odd. Most of whom I’ve met discouting the famous people and companies.

miketually
    Free Member

I have 336. They’re a mix of family, friends, colleagues, former-students, people I was at uni/school with, people I’ve met at bike things, and people I’ve known on here or Twitter for a long time.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Though now I realise the much cooler answer would be something mocking the concept of social media…

Made me chuckle – nice one! 😀

hora
    Free Member

I have a fair few but I dont seek or accept anyone who doesnt have a sharef interest etc. A fair few Ive had good banter with/felt enriched from their experiences etc etc.

Funnily I removed mrshora as a fb friend much to her annoyance.
    On the spectrum;
    For the young its a numbers game
    For us its interesting
    For the old its scornful and uncool

Ironically two of my bestmates never bothered with FB and neither ride bicycles.

piemonster

What are these “friends”? 😕

hora
    Free Member

This is the kinda junk that I FB

😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Less than 100. But they’re all people I’ve met and who I’d at the very least stop and have a chat with in the street. And then there’s Hora 😉

MSP

About 30, if anyone posts a link to a conspiracy theory or a picture of a cat then they get cut, I also then hunt them down in the real world and murder them to death.

peterfile
    Free Member

Quite a few, but then I do have quite a few friends, so it seems to correlate.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Around 200 – I like to “friend” people who have fit friends with relaxed privacy settings so I can masturbate looking at their photos.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Facebook 'friends', how many…’ is closed to new replies.