Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Facebook etiquette question. Wife very angry.
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I recently signed up to Facebook and generally just look at it occassionally to see what old mates are doing, don’t comment too much.
    However, someone who I don’t know posted the eulogy below on my page;

‘Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who never take advantage of you. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.’

All it was missing was, ‘Pass this on or you’ll die’ underneath and I commentated stating that the idea that I shouldn’t surround myself with enemies and reprobates never occoured to me.

Wife is now going mental as her friend, who lost her Dad a while back, was reaching out to her friends whilst I think if she doesn’t want people doesn’t know commenting, she should sort out her privacy settings.

Now that I feel like a 15 yo having a txt war, is the Wife right or should people expect comments on their unsolicited, Martha Stewart homilies?

mefty
    Free Member

Unfriend your wife

MartynS

I don’t understand the problem..

you’ve got a spam status update and your wife is going mental because her friend lost her Dad a while back..

Tell her to get a grip and carry on with life

crikey
    Free Member

Tell your wife that her friend should find more appropriate and private ways of ‘reaching out’; is she 12 years old?

Not your wife, obvs..

project
    Free Member

im so glad im not a teenager anymore

poly
    Free Member

someone who I don’t know posted the eulogy below on my page

Suggest you consider who you ‘friend’ allow to post on your page if you are going to get all worried about it.

Personally I’d say anyone who opens their heart of facebook is a bit odd… …but I do seem to know a few odd people.

monogramman
    Free Member

Poke her

igrf
    Free Member

Post a link to some mental health charity or anger management clinic, I find Facebook needs extreme irony at all times, then everyone unfriends you, other than those who ‘get it’ and peace returns to your world, oh and post a link to the death clock every now and then, that’ll keep them happy..

Gunz
    Free Member

Thank you, I thought the serried ranks of cynical STWers would agree with me, therefore I am irrefutably right.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Take your pc into the back yard and smash it to smithereens, that’ll teach’em !

crikey
    Free Member

therefore I am irrefutably right.

…and have as much chance of a shag tonight as Jimmy Savile!

wallop

So, she didn’t “post it on your page” – did it appear in your feed? Or did she actually write it on your wall?

wallop

And lol, by the way.

wwaswas

Gunz – sooner you accept that she’s right, you’re wrong and you’re sorry the sooner this’ll blow over.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I don’t get it…. What’s happened exactly?

jota180
    Free Member

I’m once again left wondering how some people manage to have such complicated and chaotic lives, I feel blessed.

Haze

Oops!

Tom-B
    Free Member

As a few others seem to be I am baffled by the op? I’ve read it several times and don’t understand it!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Glitch

jon1973
    Free Member

post a link to this thread on facebook

enfht
    Free Member

Stop talking to her and only communicate via Facebook.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

The kind of person who posts that kind of drivel is inevitably going to be upset when others mock it. No need to be nasty, just ignore it. If she does it a lot, block her.

andyl
    Free Member

Just delete the comment and lock down your privacy settings.

Social network sites seem to turn decent people into:

but they are of course full of people who are like that in real life.

JCL
    Free Member

Social media LOL!

brakes
    Free Member

can you see the irony of sharing the same inane shit with us?
    at least she had a genuine reason for posting that drivel, you’re just having a flannelly whinge.
    😉

emma82
    Free Member

See people do really dull stuff on FB. I can kind of sympathise with you’re wife, if it was a friend of mine I wouldn’t want my other half to wind them up. You are probably better off just hiding whoever it is that posted. FB politics are a pain in the rear

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

flannelly whinge

Their second album was a disappointment.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Facebook is not STW. You can’t be inexplicably rude to everyone and get away with it.

Grow up, be nice.

john_drummer
    Free Member

facebook is full of cr@p. ignore it.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

When it comes to Facebook, it turns people into complete morons.

I noticed the other day that people have gone from generally moaning to their mates about their significant other to overly sweet displays of affection for their Facebook audience. It’s gone from “my husband dies nothing” and “the kids are driving me mental” to “my darling husband and my gorgeous little boys/girls and their amazing amazingness”

I’m going old-school, quills and parchment from now on

nealglover
    Free Member

By the sound of it, she didn’t post anything on “your page”

She posted it on Hers, and it appeared on yours because she is in your friends list.

You then posted a comment about it “on her page”

I couldn’t really care less, but if I’ve got it right, I can see why your wife is pissed off with you.

I only really use Facebook for business, so don’t really have the same problem.

deepo
    Free Member

I find the following three statements useful when communicating with my wife:
    1. It’s my fault
    2. I’m sorry
    3. Lets eat out

muckytee
    Free Member

haha – somebody taking facebook seriously c’mon *shakes head*

kcr
    Free Member

I recently signed up to Facebook

I think that’s probably where you went wrong

Spam her with unending pictures of your children, dog or status of your favourite sports team.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Change your privacy settings to only allow friends to post. Only friend people you know.

globalti
    Free Member

WTF is all this Facebbook stuff? I just go out, lean over the fence and have a yarn with my neighbours; it’s far more interesting and you learn relevant stuff about what’s going on in your street like planning applications and so on.

spooky_b329

I didn’t ‘get’ this yesterday, but having just skim read it again, I understand that the friend posted a message on her ‘wall’ for friends to see, which included the OPs Wife. The friends privacy settings are either non-existent, or her posts are viewable to friends of friends. The OP/husband is a friend of a friend though his wife, so can see the post.

Wife should be going mental at the friend to change her privacy settings.

Correct?

If you have the timeline look with the big picture across the top, you can type in the name of a friend (or a none friend, such as your wife’s friend) at the top and you can then view your profile from their perspective, so you can see exactly what is visible and what isn’t.

yunki
    Free Member

Facebook is not STW. You can’t be inexplicably rude to everyone and get away with it.

Grow up, be nice.

this

By and large, those people on Facebook are your social network (if you’re using the site for it’s intended purpose) friends, family, friends of friends..
    People you will see at parties, funerals, weddings, christmas time.. Don’t take the piss out of them when they are mourning the loss of a loved one..

What they are definitely not is a bunch of socially mal-adjusted cyclists who spend half their lives looking for little chinks in your armour so that they can draw attention to it in a vain attempt to feel superior for a few minutes each day.. play nice.. that woman might be helping you clear up flood water next month.. or be babysitting your kids or be offering you a vol au vent at a wake..

tomaso
    Free Member

Click like if you don’t want babies to die/child soldiers/cancer etc

Please engage in my banal life

Hey ho I’d just kiss some butt and grovel to the wife. Just for an easy life.

The alternative is to not back down and tell her and her friend to grow up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Facebook etiquette question. Wife very angry.’ is closed to new replies.