Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Facebook censorship.
  • toys19
    Free Member

Wierd stuff going on over at the wastebookk. I posted a link to a few different solicitor blogs as this legal aid competitive tendering thing is threatening to wipe out my mates criminal law practise. For the first time ever FB asked me for a captcha. While I was logged in, on https. I posted three or 4 links to different blogs, all the same thing. They passed the captcha, but every time I or one of my friends clicked on the link, FB said they suspected it was spam…
    Now they have all been deleted.

Then I get sent this.conspiracy theory…
    Now I wonder if , either FB is in the pockets of our political masters or the politicians are using chineselogin farmers to click on links and label them as spam, or is it just a typical FB coding moronisity…

annebr
    Free Member

as I understand it FB will warn you when clicking on a link that it is suspected spam if they have already directed a lot of people there.

So some very popular pages get marked as spam because they’ve had lots of visits.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah the dissapeared pages have started to reappear. I suspect programming gremlins..

toys19
    Free Member

Ha they have deleted them again….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have they re-appeared again, yet?

crankboy
    Free Member

Toys19 Thanks for trying to stick up for us anyway.

toys19
    Free Member

No reappearance, I do suspect coding gremlins, but it is a tad fishy. I think tis down to an over zealous spam filter, but seeign as I am logged in and on https on my home IP you would think it is all ok.

crankboy, I shudder to think if an innocent poor person is arrested , how they would get treated by soem megacorp of lawyers (whom i suspect might not be the best or dumbed down toa price) who are on a govt contract. I know it is only in the consultation phase but now is the time to stand up tot his.

crankboy
    Free Member

It is not only in the consultation phase , the government have acknowledged the consultation is a sham, bids in october roll out next year .

Dumbed down to a price is the actual policy:-
    “Ministry of Justice Consultation

In the consultation document “Transforming Legal Aid: Delivering a more credible and efficient system” the MoJ proposes removing a citizen’s access to the solicitor of their choice. Understandably, the legal profession is up in arms about these proposals and points to the fact that client choice is the best way of ensuring that standards remain high because the lawyer’s livelihood depends upon their reputation. Yet tucked away in the Impact Assessment of the Consultation (para 23) the MoJ reveal their hand in a manner that Gerald Ratner would have been truly proud.

In paragraph 23, they state that “client choice may in certain circumstances give an incentive to provide a legal aid service of the level of quality that is above the acceptable level… as firms compete on quality rather than price”. The paragraph goes on to state that removing client choice is likely to “reduce the extent of firms offering services above the acceptable level” . I had to re-read this section several times before it became clear to me that the MoJ want defence lawyers to perform at acceptable levels but no higher.

Acceptable Levels of Defence

So, don’t home visit a disabled person, don’t track down alibi witnesses who could prove your client’s innocence, don’t wade through unused material for that silver bullet that will secure your innocent client’s acquittal.

In its proposals, the MoJ is displaying a callous disregard for the rights of its citizens, as client choice and quality of legal service have been sacrificed on the altar of price competition.”

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48628

toys19
    Free Member

Lets face it it is in the MoJ’s interest to reduce the quality of defence solictors..
    I wodner if crims can get lawyer insurance?

maccruiskeen
    toys19
    Free Member

I think it is an overreaction (on my part) It possibly aprt of their spamchecking, my links have all been reinstated again..

jonahtonto
    Free Member

just be thankful that you live under this free democracy where you are able to criticise the government openly and protest freely. oh hang on, my mistake.
    1984 was not meant to be an instruction manual

zokes
    Free Member

Well, whilst you’ve all got your tin foil hats to hand, perhaps this is linked to the fact I was warned about spam when I clicked on a link to my brother’s blog. Being a translator, he blogs about language…

kayak23

I got asked to enter a captcha code yesterday when simply sending my friend a message…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Facebook censorship.’ is closed to new replies.