Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fabricated Insurance claim
  • revs1972
    Free Member

Had a renewal notice from my insurance broker yesterday. The price had nearly doubled from last year.

on closer inspection of the documents , it would appear there is a claim against me.

Phoned them today to ask why,  and was told they didn’t have many details , and that they could contact my insurer to get more details . I got a number from them to ring myself , so I could get it sorted out.

Before I got chance to ring, then postman delivered a letter from my insurance company asking for further details about the accident I had on March 27 at 11.10am.

i duly rang them to get to the bottom of it ( seeing as I haven’t driven that vehicle since the end of Jan when I bought a new van). The claim was lodged, but there were no details attached to the claim. The guy on the phone was very good and looked at some databases, then after a couple of minutes said that there was a solicitors claim against my vehicle for an injury to their client. Apparently on that day I had turned right on a junction and driven into the client. I then got out and gave my details to the person who was hit . The name given for the driver of my van was not me. The registration given had 4 digits and not 3 (personalised reg-ok shoot me now). They had a location for the incident which when we put into google, found it was in harrow.

So apparently the solicitor has taken it on his own back to change the registration to mine and lodge a claim. ( I have checked the registration with just 2 digits and that exists too – I wonder if they have been contacted ?) This other vehicle is a car, mine is a van.

The person dealing with the claim isn’t back until Monday, so will have to wait until then for further details.

in the meanwhile, I have to renew my insurance in the next week, and now have to disclose this claim against me or i will get flagged up as providing false information !!!! Bloody annoying

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So apparently the solicitor has taken it on his own back to change the registration to mine and lodge a claim. ( I have checked the registration with just 2 digits and that exists too – I wonder if they have been contacted ?) This other vehicle is a car, mine is a van.

Do you have the details of the solicitors and their regulatory body ?

revs1972
    Free Member

Not at the moment, as the claims handler will have to find out the info.

im not going to just let it go though, it’s royally pissed me off

v8ninety

now have to disclose this claim against me or i will get flagged up as providing false information

Hmmm. That doesn’t seem right or fair. As far as you’re concerned, there ISN’T a claim against you there’s a claim against a different person, in a different car, with a different reg. I think you’d be within your rights (and entirely truthful) to answer ‘no’ to the accidents claims or convictions in the last  five years question.

matt_outandabout

We’ve had this – our blue Touran was apparently 300 miles away on a day we had parking tickets with reg no  on, and was red with a Renault badge busy knocking someone down.

Send your explanation in and tell them to deal with your insurers as a fraudulent claim.

revs1972
    Free Member

The info given by the solicitor on file was pretty vague. They gave 2 roads and that was it. Not where it was in the country. It didn’t take long to find out though with google maps.

strange how the accident supposedly happened on March 27 , yet claim was only put in on the 16th May

timba
    Free Member

What does the renewal form say? Best practice is for the insurer to send you a copy of your original proposal and for you to say whether anything has changed, so this claim will be a change

I would explain it fully, with reasons as to why it’s wrong. Expect to take a financial hit while it’s sorted by your insurer, who should then refund you

Get advice from your insurer on claiming loss of bank interest, time spent by you, etc.

revs1972
    Free Member

The renewal form (from the broker) just states claim against me, with me at fault on March 27 2018.

Hopefully on Monday the claims handler can get to the bottom of it. Can I put a claim on for whiplash as I fell off my chair when I saw the quote 😉😂

revs1972
    Free Member

Spoke to the claims handler , who had contacted the solicitor, who then had to get in contact with their client to go through their facts. So it’s just a waiting game now to find out what’s going to happen.

i asked for details of the solicitor but insurance company wouldn’t give them to me.

in the meanwhile , I’ve had to renew my insurance at roughly double the cost it should be as the claim is lodged. Apparently once it’s sorted, they will reassess the premium and refund me.

It maybe a coincidence, but the position the said accident happened , was not far from where I was photographed before Christmas when Transport for London were saying my 2013 VW T5 was not LEZ compliant (same vehicle)

neilwheel
    Free Member

Is there is a chance your number plate has been cloned? This could also explain the delay in between accident and claim if the driver involved gave false details. It should get picked up on ANPR if it is reported.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fabricated Insurance claim’ is closed to new replies.