Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • F1. Vettel to Ferrari in 2014
  • Kato

Apparently so

Didn’t see that coming

Kato

Curse my iPads spell correction. That’s Vettel

thepurist

The rumour mill had been working on this for ages – if it’s true then they’ll have Vettel & Alonso together which could get ‘interesting’.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He’d be daft to leave Red Bull/Newey, unless the new engine regs make it a better proposition to go with an engine maker.

Maybe Ham has the right idea after all.

Ferrari have never been good at having 2 No.1 drivers. I see tears before bedtime…

hora
    Free Member

Wow, Alonso has got nothing to gain from this. Interesting decision.

wrecker
    Free Member

Another Alonso sulkathon coming up. It would be good if they kept Massa and sacked the stroppy get.

atlaz
    Free Member

If he’s won 3 world championships with Red Bull (or even 4, who knows) by 2014, then why not Ferrari? Surely having a championship in the red car would cap his career off nicely? He’s also young enough to outlast Alonso there and finish his career if things go well.

druidh
    Free Member

Alonso has veto power over driver selection at Ferrari so he presumably sees some advantage.

MSP

It will be interesting to see Vettel racing someone in an equal car, I suspect Alonso will come out on top, but I think its far from guaranteed.

glenp
    Free Member

Hats off to Vettel for having the balls to go to Alonso’s team. Possibly by 2014 Fernando’s powers will be ever so slightly on the wane – although I doubt it. SV does have a better reputation in qualifying, which is FA’s sole weakness (ever so slight). On balance, I’d expect FA to win that battle. Interesting – wish it was happening straight away.

BTW, all those that bang on about Alonso being stroppy are just plain wrong, imo. If McLaren had shown more wisdom in 2007 things would be very different now.

glenp
    Free Member

BBC front page has already been amended to “might” join Ferrari (although story still says will).

clubber
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to call FA stroppy to some extent – any time a team mate has beaten him he’s accused the team/etc to being against him (remember the very rare occassions that Fisichella beat him at Renault…?)

But he’s a brilliant driver overall and I think he’s just that bit clever/more wily than SV and that’s what’ll eventually tell if they’re on the same team. It will be brilliant to watch though 🙂

toby1

Apparently Newey and Horner will also be out of contract at that point, so there could be many changes coming round then. Could also be that they all re-sign for Redbull too.

glenp
    Free Member

Instances of FA getting beat are very very rare. Obviously we can look at 2007, but no-one really knows what went on there. My own opinion is that McLaren should have stuck with Plan A.

mos

It wouldn’t suprise me if Newey jacked it in. He wanted to go and design americas cup yachts when he was at McLaren but Ron managed to talk him out of it. Then Red Bull sent him up an an F15 to persuade him to sign for them. TBH i think he will be out of it soon as he’s pretty much done it all.
    Although maybe another regs change will keep him interested.

glenp
    Free Member

Regs change is what Newey is crying out for – he wants more space to innovate.

I’m still quite surprised by this Vettel story – it does leave Red Bull exposed. They have Webber for next year, but maybe they now feel the need to bring in a younger guy to get ready for 2014.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I have to say that FA seems a bit more settled these days. I don’t know if that is because he is clearly the top driver in the team or whether he has just matured a bit. He still seems to have a bit of a grump in the car if things aren’t going well – or someone seems to have impeded his progress, but out of the car he comes across as a lot more balanced. Will be interesting to see if that changes if SV goes there.

trout
    Free Member

Report on planet F1

However, di Montezemolo was quick to deny the claims, insisting that two very strong drivers at Ferrari would cause more harm than good.

“I’ve always said that I don’t want two roosters in the hen-house,” the Ferrari president told Italian radio station, RAI.

andytherocketeer

Hamilton to RedBull in 2014, when he realises his mistake? Maybe teamed with Di Resta? Massa will be free too.

hora
    Free Member

Quietly Kimi plys his trade. When will a big team take on Kimi again? Its criminal.

Kato

Quietly Kimi plys his trade. When will a big team take on Kimi again? Its criminal.

This, it’s only a matter of time I should think

Extra points for his James Hunt helmet this year too

hora
    Free Member

I’m switching allegiance from Lewis to Kimi for next year. From his debut I bought into Lewis then as another STW’er said recently, why can’t Lewis keep his helmet on, live in the garage and keep his mouth shut.

Kato

Dare I say Lewis is more interested in being Puff Daddy these days. I’d like to turn the clock back a few years

ScottChegg
    Free Member

When will a big team take on Kimi again? Its criminal

Unfortunately, Kimi is a liabilty when it comes to sponsor appearances. He never says anything interesting, comes across as bored and miseable and is not exactly dynamic.

His interviews after races are comic; every word prised from him is like pulling teeth.

Lewis is more interested in being Puff Daddy these days

Hopefully it’s a phase he’ll grow out of. Button was always know as a ‘playboy’ but he’s matured into the calmer figure he is now.

Mind you, landing the luscious Jessica must have made him realise it was time to stop looking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

as his recent move shows he wants money more than results and has fallen for his own hype

hora
    Free Member

Unfortunately, Kimi is a liabilty when it comes to sponsor appearances. He never says anything interesting, comes across as bored and miseable and is not exactly dynamic.

His interviews after races are comic; every word prised from him is like pulling teeth.

I know, hes awesome isn’t it? Why can’t LH be like that? Someone mentioned Lewis is going to try rapping, Jeesus wept.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’re right, but this makes me like him a lot. Perhaps to the point where sponsoring him would work, just to a different demographic? Miserable bastards perhaps?

atlaz
    Free Member

It depends. When he’s passionate about something he interviews well but the same questions in years of F1 racing seem to have made it so he just clams up. In any case, I don’t watch F1 to hear them talk, just to see them drive and he’s certainly one of the fastest drivers of the last 10 years.

Hamilton is a strange one; when he was in the junior categories he was a really nasty piece of work, arrogant and self-obsessed. I think as McLaren’s influence over him has waned, he’s started to slip back into it and believe his own hype.

toby1

Kimi is only interested in 1 thing, racing. Sod it make that 2 things, racing and drinking.

Fair play to the guy, he’s been consistently good this year.

There will be loads of swapping round and Hamilton has made the move to be with a team making the engine it uses which will be important in 2014.

Hulkenberg was great this weekend too – he needs a better drive than a Sauber, although they have also been surprisingly good this year.

Kato

I fell in love with Kimi the day Brundle asked him on live telly why he missed Pele’s speech

“I was having a s**t”

scruff
    Free Member

Kimi is my hero, I think hes great.

thegreatape
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0TQUcvqNFc&feature=related[/video]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

mentioned Lewis is going to try rapping

Oh

My

God

hora
    Free Member

I know. I know.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is more Ali G than Ice T

I am thinking John Barnes levels of rapping

treemagnet
    Free Member

Love the interview with Kimi ..he makes me laugh!
    Fast guy , honest, no bull.

scruff
    Free Member

Duet with Nicole ?

hora
    Free Member

Nicole?

scruff
    Free Member

papa ?

JCL
    Free Member

I don’t think Kimi will last much longer. KERS and DRS etc are already starting to cheese him off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘F1. Vettel to Ferrari in 2014’ is closed to new replies.