Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • F1 time
  • zokes
    Free Member

Zokes, do you ever think to yourself, “I really must take things more seriously…I’m far too fippant”

ever..at all?

Frequently. On this occasion I was going to call you an arse, but decided I’d better be serious and call you a **** instead! 😉

Sorry – that was too easy to resist.

Pook

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Really, lighten up chap. I haven’t attacked you,

Not interested in the personal stuff but thanks for all your praise then 😕

do try to stop filtering other peoples posts and responses through your own viewpoint, other people think and act differently and have different motivations. OK?

LOL you have got so into just doing “insults ” you forgot what started this exchange it was when you suggested this as the reason people objected

If its not Vettel, it’s Alonso, if not him, then Schumacher is dredged up. There’s more than a whiff of “johnny foreigner being unsportsmanlike…”

Your doing well here defending that view 🙄
    Brilliant

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

If its not Vettel, it’s Alonso, if not him, then Schumacher is dredged up. There’s more than a whiff of “johnny foreigner being unsportsmanlike…”

Also, for what it’s worth, I consider plenty of British drivers to lack sportsmanship/class too. Hamilton currently springs to mind (and he was genuinely a nasty piece of work in the lower classes) but in the recent past loads haven’t lived up to what the ethos of drivers from the past. Maybe those days are well and truly gone but you can see from some sports that there’s no reason for win at any cost. At the most basic level, if he agreed that after the final pitstop, if one driver was leading that driver would not be challenged by the other, he should have stuck to it. Win at all costs is fine, but there’s loads of evidence that two drivers working against each other can be costly (or even fatal).

thx1138
    Free Member

Having now watched the highlights of the race, I now know that my original statement is perfectly valid, and see no need to adjust my position. 😀

Was funny to see Webber whinging. Go and race properly then Pom, or be that great ‘team player’ that does what he’s told, and stop moaning.

Interesting to see the difference between Vettel and Rosberg. One committed to win, the other lacking the balls to go and race. I wonder how Hamilton would have behaved had he been stuck behind Rosberg in a similar situation? The strategy employed by Mercedes is against the spirit of true competition, and makes for very boring viewing. Which is something I doubt Bernie, the sponsors or any proper racing driver wants.

clubber
    Free Member

Nice to have you back Elfin 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

The strategy employed by Mercedes is against the spirit of true competition, and makes for very boring viewing. Which is something I doubt Bernie, the sponsors or any proper racing driver wants.

It’s been part of racing since the dawn of professional teams. Bernie, sponsors and proper racing drivers have to live with it.

zokes
    Free Member

The root cause of the ‘anti racing’ antics of last week’s GP were the regulations surrounding limitations on numbers of engines, gearboxes etc per season. I don’t think the teams choose to have the number of engines they’re allowed limited. It’s a long season.

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘F1 time’ is closed to new replies.