Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • F1 Singabore or a good race
  • trout
    Free Member

Just settling down for a bit of GP action or not
    but reckon it will be a procession after the carnage at the start.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

TRUE but could improve if the showers arrive

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Alonso really needs to win this one, to put himself right back into contention. He can’t afford to mess up his start. Everyone behind him needs a good result, more so Vettel and Button. Hamilton could play it safe, just get the points, stay in the lead for the DWC, but I doubt he will.

Could be an interesting start. Will Hamilton do something stupid again like in Monza? Will Vettel go for a gap that’s not there? Will Webber moan about the car not being right or something again?

If they all get away cleanly, I can see it finishing up pretty much as it is on the grid. Ferrari must be concerned about their engines though; will this play a part? Massa’s not in a position to help Alonso either.

I think we’re really seeing Alonso’s talent now. He’s got the Ferrari working properly, and proving himself to be a great driver. Which is nice, considering the STW/British press’ obvious bias against him. I’d love it if he won the WC.

Renault. Watch for Kubica. He’s a possible surprise for this race, for a podium maybe, as is Barrichelo strangely. Either of those two could get into the mix, and shake things up. And Schuey could even feature. Street circuits bring out the best in drivers.

Start line crash, safety car, rain, – it could all happen.

It could of course just be a boring procession however.

backhander
    Free Member

considering the STW/British press’ obvious bias against him.

True. I hate the b@stard and want to see him cry.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’m thinking a procession broken up by the odd incident

A guy a do a lot of work for has good out there to watch for the weekend. Bastid keeps facebooking pics to me

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So mature… 🙄

I, on the other hand, want to see a good race with the very best fighting right until the final round. Alonso is perhaps the best driver in F1 right now, closely followed by Hamilton, but the margins between all the drivers is so tiny. Alonso seems to have really turned his disappointment into determination to win. He’ll not give up like some. If he wins this race, he could be within 12-9 points or less of the lead in the drivers’ WC. A couple of races ago that gap was over 40 points, and seemed too big a mountain to climb. So he’s done a fantastic job of keeping cool and getting back in the mix.

Button V Hamilton off the line could be ‘interesting’. Has Button got the bottle to take Banzai Hamilton in a straight fight? Hmm…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’m thinking a procession

me too unfortunately.

A Vettel Alonso incident in the first corner would be welcomed.

zokes
    Free Member

I think we’re really seeing Alonso’s talent now.

You can’t argue with that. The HD coverage I get here in Oz shows his amazing eyebrows off to a tee!

Creg

Im also thinking it will be a procession, its a pretty tight track with not much in the way of overtaking opportunities.

Be interesting to see if anyone sticks it in the wall coming out from under the grandstand.

I think Alonso is going to take it but it will probably come down to pit strategy/timings.

Its an amazing setting for a race though, really fantastic. Very jealous of anyone who gets to witness it live (same with Abu Dhabi)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Dull

trout
    Free Member

Yep got to agree .
    Can I copywright the word Singabore

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Looks like mac have got the strategy wrong yet again

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

And there goes another load of points to weber.

Should have brought hamilton in 5 laps ago

Creg

this is quite the yawnfest

although Kobayashi taking on Schumacher was fun 😀

and now he’s binned it

SC out 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

backhander – Member

considering the STW/British press’ obvious bias against him.

True. I hate the b@stard and want to see him cry.

I like him and want to see him win and you cry. Answer the critics on the track I say.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is shaping up to be really dull. Needs livening up this weekend

Creg

bit twatty from hamLOLton

donsimon
    Free Member

Adios Lewis…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At last, some action

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

That pretty much gives the championship to weber now

donsimon
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if Vettel allows Webber to pass.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Well considering he’s 10 seconds behind, I doubt it

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

MacLaren have to shoulder some of the blame for hamilton being out.
    Neither hamilton or button should have been behind webber today.

donsimon
    Free Member

Well considering he’s 10 seconds behind, I doubt it

And now appears to be going backwards, I guess you’re right.

retro83
    Free Member

Robert is going for it!

donsimon
    Free Member

WTF? How much oil does he want to put on the track???

donsimon
    Free Member

Vamos Fernando!!!! No pressure in the final lap. Hats off to Vettel for putting the pressure on, what a drive from Fernando though. 😆

retro83
    Free Member

shame for kovi, P13 would have been a good result for him

zokes
    Free Member

That was quite a good bonfire though 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

My mate works for cosworth and lotus. I’ll be giving him some stick later, probably his fault lol

zokes
    Free Member

It looked like it distinctly didn’t like being pushed backwards in that spin

backhander
    Free Member

I like him and want to see him win and you cry.

He won and I’m not crying.
    I hope Webber can hold on. In fact anybody rather than the spanish asshole.

donsimon
    Free Member

A bundle of peace and love, aren’t you?

mulacs

Best race for a while! Tightest finish for sure. We need more races to run the full 2 hours. ALO for WC, Webber will be doing well to hold him off. Hot Head HAM need to calm his driving down…

backhander
    Free Member

Yep.
    He’s a fantastic driver, there’s no doubt about that. It’s a shame he’s not well, nice. Maybe asshole was a bit strong but he’s definately spanish.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Love it! See? SEE??

Oh hang on, it must have been the Ferrari international Assistance caused poor little Lewis to crash, eh? Aw, diddums. 😆

Love the anti-Alonso vitriol. Speshly when he wins. Keep it up; seems to be working in his favour!

Brilliant drive from Alonso, from getting pole to crossing the finish line 0.293 seconds in front of Vettel. Who was in a faster car. Just goes to show how good Alonso really is. Vettel is definitely a future WC, I’ve no doubt. Kept up the pressure the whole time, but even on the grid talking to Martin Blunder, he seemed so chilled out and up for a joke. Great attitude. Webber did a good job to get 3rd, but nowt special really.

Mediocre race from Button, never threatened anyone, and Lewis showed his achilles heel once more. Taking out Webber isn’t the way to win, Lewis. Tut tut. Backfired anyway! Ha ha! 😆

Loved watching Kubica carve his way back up through the field. Someone give that man a decent car ffs!

Best moment was Kovalaainen avoiding going into the pits (could have been incredibly dangerous with all the fuel lines there), calmly pulling over, getting out and asking for a fire extinguisher, then putting the fire out! Top man! I’d’ve jumped out before the car even stopped moving and run away screaming in terror. 😯

I enjoyed that. Bring on the rest of the season!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io[/video]

hora
    Free Member

So the stroppy **** got his win today. I really hope he doesn’t take the crown.

nickc

Good race weekend from Alonso, what you’d expect from a two time WC really, Red Bull clearly the fastest car, Alonso clearly the better driver. Shame Hamilton crashed out, but them’s the breaks, if you want exciting racing, there’s the pay back. Button did well on a circuit that didn’t suit that Mclaren. Red bull gotta be disappointed I think.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dry your eyes Hora. Just accept that he’s a passionate, committed and supremely talented driver. Unlike you…

I want him to win the WC just to piss off the haterz. And tbh, if it’s not Alonso, then I’d prefer to see Vettel or Hamilton win, as they’re both ultimately better drivers than Webber and Button. So there.

For the future, I’d love to see Kubica, Rosberg and Sutil in competitive cars. Let’s hope they get their chance, for the good of F1.

nickc

I like Webber and Button’s style: smooth unruffled, but I admire Alonso and Vettel and Hamilton for just being on the edge all the time; they’re exciting to watch. close season, any one could take it.

Don’t understand the hate though…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘F1 Singabore or a good race’ is closed to new replies.