Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • F1 New Car Launches…
  • the-muffin-man

By eck!

The detailing on the new McLaren makes it look like the Ferrari engineers have been sat on their arses all winter!!!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/

The-Beard

The MP425 just looks fast.

I am pretty damn excited about the upcoming season!

Bets on Newey making them all look silly with the new Red Bollock?

glenp
    Free Member

Ferrari have a knack of making their car look understated though, whereas McLaren are all flash. Had to laugh at Hamilton's conceit – makes it sound like the engineers knocked the car up from his sketches!

Agree that RBR is the one to watch for. Renaut next week, and Sauber. Plus we haven't seen the Mercedes yet.

thepurist

Anyone else watch the fun when it was announced that McLaren had a wall at the launch that was projecting all the Twitter posts with the #MP425 tag. Which PR genius thought that was a good idea?

McLaren looks minging with that shark fin – nice to see all the teams paying homage to Newey though (so far).

tracknicko
    Free Member

this seems cool comparison

uplink
    Free Member

That's a 2009 Red Bull on the top isn't it? 😉

The-Beard

That's a 2009 Red Bull on the top isn't it?

Now, now. It's alright for Ferrari to copy someone but not the other way round. Wonder what rule changes they'll insist on when they're not as fast as everyone else in race 1….

mboy
    Free Member

Loooooooooooooooooooooooong wheelbases are in then!

uplink
    Free Member

No, it's perfectly OK to copy a design as long as it's actually been aired in public
    Once it's on the track it's fair game

doing it the McLaren & Renault way gets you into trouble, or at least it does if you're not Renault

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Ferrari claim to have spent last season working on the 2010 car. It may get to the first race and all that front wing gubbins on the McLaren might look cumbersome and over the top.

Time will tell.

Stu

Means diddly squat at the moment. Teams never reveal the full aero packages at the launch. Ferrari have already admitted their car has a 2009 front wing on it at present (which is obvious from the photo above). Doubt we'll see the full packages till Bahrain.

The-Beard
    atlaz
    Free Member

Ah, the return of shark fin airboxes. Last time McLaren had a high profile British signing who joined them off the back of a successful campaign their car was a joke (admittedly so was their lardy "superstar" driver).

Piero Ferrari added: "I expect a Ferrari worthy of the title, unless someone interprets the rules differently."

So does that mean, "We'll win unless someone does a better job", in which case, golf clap for the man in the red trousers.

The-Beard

I think it means we'll win, if we don't the others must be cheating.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto thebeard…

rootes1

longer wheel base does seem to be the thing for 2010

probs party to get bigger fuel tanks in and big double diffusers

uplink
    Free Member

Ferrari wont be able to stomach another year like 2009

If those church bells in Maranello don't do some ringing this year. they start erecting a gallows

atlaz
    Free Member

Well that's the unofficial Ferrari slogan

The-Beard

clubber
    Free Member

I think that's a bit paranoid… FIA certainly didn't rule in Ferrari's favour last year on the DDD issue though I do suspect that maybe that was an attempt to split up FOTA

uplink
    Free Member

We're going to see some great first corners this year with heavy cars & the top 10 on their quali tyres

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Does the shark fin on the McLaren actually merge into the rear wing?

uplink
    Free Member

Does the shark fin on the McLaren actually merge into the rear wing?

I don't think that would be allowed
    I guess it goes under it

The-Beard

I think that's a bit paranoid…

Just a bit of fun! But the FIA is now headed by Jean Todt…

the-muffin-man

Looks like the fin merges in the pics. If not its very closed to the rear wing. Certainly doesn't go under it.

uplink
    Free Member

I think I can see day-light

clubber
    Free Member

Todt is very much his own man. And not entirely happy about how he was ousted from Ferrari…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘F1 New Car Launches…’ is closed to new replies.