Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • F1: Is this an new classic rivalry in the making?
  • Amos
    Free Member

Uplink Why do you rate Rosberg so highly? Just out of interest?

hora
    Free Member

Give Rosberg another 100+ GP starts and he too will one day be threatening for a championship like Button… 😉

uplink
    Free Member

I do rate Rosberg
    He's ragged the arse of that Williams all year, scoring every single one of their points
    He's got a great attitude & he fights like hell for every inch of track

He's looked a class act in a very average car

GaryLake
    Free Member

Uplink Why do you rate Rosberg so highly? Just out of interest?

Well either Nakajima really is that bad (I doubt it having got into F1 in the first place) and the williams is a pretty good car.

Or, the williams is a mediocre care and Rosberg is a stellar driver.

Either way, nowhere on the grid is there a bigger gap between two drivers in the same machine. And it's widely regarded that in the same car, most drivers would normally be within 3 tenths of each other. Which is why it is believed that Rosberg is potentially something special.

uplink
    Free Member

He'll be in a Brawn next year & – I believe – will have the measure of Button

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Nakajima is only in the williams because of his passport and toyota engines.

SpeedyG
    Free Member

I think that they should keep the refuelling rigs, always funny to see half the rig flying down the pitlane still attached to the car or a bit of a fire now and then!! 😈
    They might as well get the teams to prepare the cars as they see fit but then draw straws before the start of each race to see which driver gets the ferrari or the force india. At least then the best drivers should stand out and the teams would still have a constructers trophy to battle for!

Amos
    Free Member

I read that william is despanding from toyota, so what engine will they have next year!!?

uplink
    Free Member

Renault probably but they're still looking at Cosworth

hora
    Free Member

Everyone will have the measure of Button next year.

uplink
    Free Member

Now, I can see this partnership getting off to a flying start next year 😀

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79435

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nakajima is only in the williams because of his passport and toyota engines.

So why not Sato? Who when BAR were doing ok managed an 8th overall in 2004? I accept Nakajima is not exactly a great driver but I personally think it's more about Rosberg out performing the car…

uplink
    Free Member

Frank Williams sums up Rosberg quite well

""Nico is, on any three or five lap, he is the most exciting driver on the track. He digs himself out of some holes that we put him in some times – comes by three places up at the end of the first lap.

"He is single minded, chirpy, a little arrogant which is good – he is always very good with the promo people, never an objection, he is very good."[/b]

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I personally dont rate alonso. If you can be beaten by a rookie team mate your either passing your talent window it or not a true great IMO.

But if Hamilton is a "true great" then your argument falls apart doesn't it? And didn't Hamilton only beat him by one point in their time together at McLaren?

hora
    Free Member

Know any other rookies up there in their first season?

uplink
    Free Member

I think the only rookie to come close to Hamilton would be Jackie Stewart
    although I think John Surtees' rookie season was [arguably] the most impressive given he jumped off 2 wheels straight into a car

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Know any other rookies up there in their first season?

I'm not saying Hmailton's no good, but if he's as great as you reckon then doesn't that make Alsonso just as good if there was only a point between them?

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘F1: Is this an new classic rivalry in the making?’ is closed to new replies.