• This topic has 43 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • F1 £50m daddys girl jewellery
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

has all that corbyn rhetoric of the last month finally gone to my head, £50m of jewellery is truely obscene..

thats some wealth, hope hes got records for inheritence tax purpose, 7 years n all

Mod: A bit of a clue of what the OP is on about.

Tamara Ecclestone: ‘£50m worth’ of jewellery stolen from heiress https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50806902

wrightyson
    Free Member

I heard the same report and I’m not sure if theres a bit of a mix up as I heard “one bracelet alone was worth 80k” well ok yup I could believe that but theres a lot of 80ks in 50 million and it seemed as though they were referring to that as the most expensive piece? If thats the case the collection must have been huge.

muddyground
    Free Member

Can’t imagine that level of wealth, more so that it’s all in the bedside cabinet like my old Casio watches and Lee Child books. If that’s your trinket draw!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yeah i’ve just heard that, they only paid £41m for the house, so £50m seems high, at £80k for a bracelet, even at £800k thats alot of bracelets.

mechanicaldope

Poor lady got brought it as a wedding gift. Makes me question my choice of friends really. Puts the cut glasses I received for mine into a bit of perspective.

Still, at least she married him for love. Bernie must have a really good personality I guess.

bruneep

Still, at least she married him for love. Bernie must have a really good personality I guess.

You know that Bernie is her dad…..?

thieves broke into her home via the garden, then gained access to safes that were hidden in her master bedroom.her 89-year-old father suggested it may have been an “inside job”.

no shit….

cyclelife
    Free Member

Couldn’t give a ****

TiRed

She had 625 of those bracelets. Didn’t you know? Or one tonne of gold bullion. I’m pretty skeptical, personally.

white101

Would be terrible if all those billionaire russians and wot not had to leave London because of this crime spree….

sharkbait
    Free Member

So between the house and jewelry about £100m has been spent?
    Bollocks!

fooman

£50M might be what they paid for the jewellery but you generally can’t sell it back for more than a tenth of what you paid because it doesn’t have intrinsic value. Still be a lot though! Bet it’ll still be £50M insurance.

Nobody really needs a £800K bracelet in the same way nobody really needs a £10K bike, but if someone is willing to pay it, an enterprising company will make one!

wrightyson
    Free Member

But it was an 80k bracelet.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If there was £50m worth then she won’t own it herself necessarily. She’s a celeb and celebs get given stuff for free on loan to be seen wearing it. Clothes, jewellery, cars, holidays, all part of deals to place products with people who are photographed wherever they go.

That and her daddy is unbelievably filthy rich. But then again he did almost singlehandedly create a multi billion pound sport so as a percentage of the sports earnings he’s only creamed off a small percentage.

Dickyboy

Did some work on her house, along with others in that road over the years, crazy amount of money spent on the refit when she bought it. And no I’m not a locksmith… 😁

bedmaker

Meh, at least they didn’t make off with her dog spa or car lift.

That will hurt her a lot less than most of us having a 1K bike nicked.

mechanicaldope

You know that Bernie is her dad

That’s sick then!

Kryton57

A person just had their house broken into, their possessions rifled through with a large amount stolen.   I appreciate she’s richer that I assume most of us ever will be, but you could have a little decency with some of your words.

db

Agree. I have been broken into and the house turned over. It was shit and I still think about it some 10 years later. What if I had been home, what if my wife or teenage kids had been in the house on their own. I’m sure it’s no nice however much money you have or don’t have.

tails
    Free Member

That’s sick then!

Haha, what a wrong’un.

I read something on her years ago, most of us have a place where we keep a spare change. She had a £1million quis in her cupboard.

Hard to feel sorry for her as she appears to have little humanity. If you’re hard up some people turn to crime. Although I agree these criminals are probably not your run of the mill.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

thats some wealth, hope hes got records for inheritence tax purpose, 7 years n all

Do you honestly think that any inheritance tax will be paid on it? Neither she nor hubby will actually own the jewelry. It will either be one of their companies or in a family trust. Same goes for their mansion(s). When the last Duke of Westminster died his estate should have paid 40% of 8.3 billion in inheritance tax. Instead it was all in a trust and there was only his personal assets of £616,418,184 to pay inheritance tax on.

I have no problem with people being millionaires or even billionaires but by god they should pay the same rates of tax that the rest of us do on any income or assets. Why not even Corbyn’s labour, are prepared to stop this kind of avoidance is beyond me.

batfink
    Free Member

James Stunt I recon

hols2
    Free Member

you could have a little decency with some of your words.

Normally, yes, but for the Ecclestones, **** them.

LAT

That’s sick then!

different rules apply to the rich.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Most luxury goods are made by folk who eek out a modest living, some even live in poverty, a lot of them have pride in what they produce.
    Compared to a lot of the planets population single trackers are rich and buy their fair share of trinkets.

MoreCashThanDash

There’s a lot in this story that doesn’t add, given the security around that area – either an inside job or an attempt at a publicity/insurance stunt. The details that have come out are very precise.

As for their wealth, not my concern, I try not to let my envy cloud my judgement.

mrmoofo

As mentioned above, starting with the ex (mr stunt) and his family might be a very good start

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah it surely has to be an inside job – armed police at the gated entrance, loads of CCTV and 24hr security at the house and yet the thieves just went in through the rear entrance? Pfft

I also highly doubt the £50m is correct, that figure likely just got made up in the initial reports as it was being bandied about almost straight after the burglary started being reported.

v8ninety

I have no problem with people being millionaires or even billionaires but by god they should pay the same rates of tax that the rest of us do on any income or assets.

Dirty commie. Have you not seen what happened in Venezuela/haven’t you heard of trickle down economics/politics of envy/You mustn’t scare away the wealth creators etc etc…

jimdubleyou

As for their wealth, not my concern, I try not to let my envy cloud my judgement.

No, I’m sure it’s shit having your house broken into and your stuff being robbed, but I’d rather have a hospital wing or a fleet of mobile MRI scanners or whatever named after me than £50m in trinkets in a safe in my house.

franksinatra

Potentially the most secure street in London, armed police at both ends, patrolling police and security along the street. There is a suggestion that hers is the most secure private house in the UK. Security personnel within in the building at all times and they walk in and break into safes (which I doubt are Aldi specials) and are able to do so in under an hour before being disturbed.

Dodgier than a dodgy thing I reckon.

globalti
    Free Member

Somehow I don’t feel the same disgust as I do at having discovered that my elderly neighbour’s carer has looted his house for everything of value while using his cash to buy all her groceries.

MoreCashThanDash

I’d rather have a £5k bike but I haven’t, so I try not to slag off those who are richer than me purely because of their wealth and choice of toys.

And, as has been pointed out above, her father pretty much single handedly created the F1 industry as we know it, with all the jobs and revenues that has generated. I may not like what I’ve seen of him as a person, but I’m prepared to accept he worked bloody hard to create that circus and keep it going.

The fact that weak and spineless politicians – of all governing parties in the last 40 years – can’t draft effective tax laws without loopholes is the issue we should all be focusing on. The government would love to see you all speculating on his wealth and tax affairs rather than holding them to account for their policies and regulations

hols2
    Free Member

her father pretty much single handedly created the F1 industry as we know it, with all the jobs and revenues that has generated.

No, he did not. He saw a commercial opportunity and exploited it for every last penny he could wring out of it, then moved on. The F1 industry was created by Ferrari, McLaren, Brabham, Chapman, Williams, Head, Tyrrell, etc. The sport overall is now struggling financially because of decisions BE made.

Also, admiring fascists and Nazis is a bit off-putting.

MoreCashThanDash

And you’re ignoring my last key paragraph….

100mph
    Free Member

#PrayForTamara

avdave2

We should all donate whatever we get in our Christmas crackers to her

Speeder

I couldn’t give a flying **** about Bernie or any of his over indulged family but I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be one of the burglars on the wrong end of the Poison Dwarf. The man is a proper **** by all accounts and no doubt has numerous connections. If it’s not a publicity/insurance scam that stuff will be too hot to sell even in the black market.

tails
    Free Member

Out of interest it says there are armed police on the street but other than being minted shes no more than us lot. So if I won the euro millions could I hire armed police that would shoot anyone who tried to encroach on my semi detached house.

taxi25
    Free Member

So if I won the euro millions could I hire armed police that would shoot anyone who tried to encroach on my semi detached house.

That would be a no, it’s up to the police to decide if someone needs an armed guard.

https://www.intelligent-protection.co.uk/armed-bodyguards-uk.html

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m assuming the police are there because of the embassies (at least the news said the Israeli embassy was on the same road)?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘F1 £50m daddys girl jewellery’ is closed to new replies.