Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,907 total)
  • F1 2023 (will 100% contain spoilers)
  • mashr

Ferrari 1995-1996 all over again then (sort of, and if it had worked), I wonder if they would’ve tried to get Max to move as part of the deal just like back then too?

thols2
    Free Member

Will McLaren even bother making him take gardening leave to ensure he doesn’t take any design secrets with him?

Bez

Yeah, maybe it’s a neat flip of spygate and they quietly leak loads of IP for a lemon of a car.

Daffy

He left almost 6 months ago, didn’t he?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Will McLaren even bother making him take gardening leave to ensure he doesn’t take any design secrets with him?

He was sacked so I don’t believe they can enforce gardening leave.

multi21
    Free Member

Clarkson’s a throbber but this still raised a smile

the-muffin-man

If the tech analysts are right with their gueseses it looks like Aston are going to zero sidepods!! 😳😳

mashr

If they make the concept work . . .

eddiebaby
    Free Member

… using the Mercedes wind tunnel… :-)

multi21
    Free Member

That would be very funny. It’s not zero pods though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If the tech analysts are right with their gueseses it looks like Aston are going to zero sidepods!!

Bloody hell.  Given the woes from Mercedes with this concept, that’s a bold mid-season statement.

<edit> That would be very funny. It’s not zero pods though.

Bah.  As you all were.

the-muffin-man

Booo – boring!!! :-)

the-muffin-man

Another F1 shit show – the more money that rolls in the less they care about fans. Marshalls have eyes, they’re rather good at spotting on-track issues.

thepurist

Might be good for the fans in the long run though – now the teams need to think on their feet rather than go through the preplanned schedule. Sadly it’ll probably affect Williams & Aston more than the others as they’d probably have wanted to spend fp1 calibrating their upgrades against the wind tunnel/cfd models.

simondbarnes

LeClerc won’t be happy about his team making him set a time on inters when he wanted slicks!
    Good work Williams & Albon in Q2 🙂

dawson

Ferrari really need to sort their shit out. Leclerc’s constant palaver’s are becoming farcical and Sainz could have caused a massive accident by going so slowly.

shermer75
    Free Member

A pretty exciting qualifying, that!

multi21
    Free Member

3 Pl drop for sainz. Hulk reported for red flag infringement

shermer75
    Free Member

Also a 3 place drop for Hulkenberg, putting Alonso in 2nd and both Mercedes’ on the 2nd row

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’m loving Fernando 2.0. reminds me a lot of Seb v1.0 and Seb 2.0. I guess they get the bigger picture and much more personable.  Shame they cant have an f1 race of champions or even ex winners.

mashr

3 places for Sainz seems very lenient given the way he was parked mid-chicane

rOcKeTdOg

First corner predictions?

FA to push MV into the new wall on the run off between turn one and two?

bigdaddy

That would be fun, but I fear Max will be gone. Fernando v Lewis might be the battle!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

mercedes got off lightly this weekend in qualifying and in the pitlane

multi21
    Free Member

Super drive from albon

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

1 stop too for albon.. get him in the red bull again

rOcKeTdOg

gotta love Lando too

the-muffin-man

Good race that, enjoyed it!

Albon – bloody brilliant.

Ferrari need to hoof both their driver out – they’ve got x2 Bottas’s not two racers.

shermer75
    Free Member

That was a great race, nice to see the field closing up a little

multi21
    Free Member

the-muffin-man

Ferrari need to hoof both their driver out – they’ve got x2 Bottas’s not two racers.

Not convinced on that, if you stuck either of them in Perez seat they’d be fairly close to Max.

I think the main problem at Ferrari is still Ferrari.

shermer75
    Free Member

I think the main problem at Ferrari is still Ferrari

I agree. It mostly seems to be strategy that is letting them down, they seem to be able to come up with a reasonably fast car

multi21
    Free Member

shermer75

I agree. It mostly seems to be strategy that is letting them down, they seem to be able to come up with a reasonably fast car

Yeah in general it’s terrible, although IIRC they did a one-stopper this race which worked quite well.

The car is quick but still difficult to drive. Also inconsistent from session to session.

sharkbait
    Free Member

mercedes got off lightly this weekend in qualifying and in the pitlane

They weren’t the only ones.  Seems like the stewards saw right through Alonso’s frantic steering wheel antics while doing 37mph!

Nice try Fernando!!

multi21
    Free Member

sharkbait

They weren’t the only ones. Seems like the stewards saw right through Alonso’s frantic steering wheel antics while doing 37mph!

Nice try Fernando!!

Haha yeah this made me laugh in the broadcast
    https://twitter.com/danielshoey/status/1670499930962550790

thols2
    Free Member

Alpine management meeting

the-muffin-man

Coz Alpine needed more management confusion! 😬😬

Shows Renaults true commitment too.

the-muffin-man

Name change for Alpha Tauri and ‘closer integration’ with Red Bull next season – a cynical person may think they’re trying to push the boundaries of the catering budget!…

AlphaTauri will change name in 2024 and follow Red Bull’s design lead – Marko

Bez

Seems pretty obvious that it will provide benefits to Red Bull A, whether that’s sharing data/R&D or moving the Red Bull B cars further up the grid so that they have more strategic power in races. Doesn’t sit well with me.

the-muffin-man

It stinks – FIA are closing the ‘external employees’ loophole and all of a sudden it’s a good plan for Toro Rosso to have the same car as the lead team again.

With the interest there is from potential new teams there’s no reason for ‘B’ teams to exist in F1 as it is.

thols2
    Free Member

I understand the benefit of smaller teams being able to save money by buying in gearboxes, suspension, etc. from their engine supplier team, but surely the budget cap should be adjusted down for those teams to reflect the cost savings. The small teams will still be able to run at a lower budget level, but it would reduce the benefits that the parent teams could get.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.