• This topic has 3,109 replies, 175 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mos.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 3,110 total)
  • F1 2022 (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

As far as I can make out this is a list of drivers whose contract ends in 2022:

[ ] Fernado Alonso
    [ ] Pierre Gasly
    [ ] Yuki Tsunoda
    [ ] Nicholas Latifi
    [ ] Alex Albon
    [ ] Zhou Guanyu
    [ ] Mick Schumacher

thols2

I’d guess Honda still own the IP and Red Bull Powertrains use it under licence?

The engines are still prepared in Japan, Honda did a bit of a backflip once they realized they had a world-beating engine. The only difference from before is that Honda don’t get the marketing benefits of calling it a Red Bull-Honda.

shermer75
    Free Member

No, hang on, Pierre Gasly signed an extension on the 24th June

[ ] Fernado Alonso
    [ ] Pierre Gasly
    [ ] Yuki Tsunoda
    [ ] Nicholas Latifi
    [ ] Alex Albon
    [ ] Zhou Guanyu
    [ ] Mick Schumacher

convert

A warmed to Vettel as a person over the years. I hope he goes on to enjoy himself doing other, arguably better, motorsport events and classes.

thepurist

Sad to see Seb go, hope he pops up as a pundit – hopefully alongside Mark Webber as I reckon they could swap a bit of banter. I’ve been through the full range with Seb – as a new driver he was great, then he became ‘Finger Boi’ when he was winning and I went off him and then in the twilight of his career he really mellowed. Think he’s done well to be in F1 for so long and keep hold of his privacy and have a comparatively normal life away from the circus.

mashr

Seb to Ferrari LMH . . .

jairaj

Oohhhh thats a good shout!

How many of the teams entering into endurance racing next year have announced their driver line up? Could be a good place for some of those F1 drivers out of contract.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Really sad to read about Vettel retiring from F1. I can’t say that I always liked him during his time at Red Bull, but I’ve warmed to him over the years. His litter picking at Silverstone, his activism and his QT appearance went a long way to improving his image in my eyes.

It’s also gratifying to see Hamilton’s tribute to Seb here: https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1552622805556101120

As for Aston Martin I can’t see Mick going anywhere (except for maybe Alfa Romeo) for ’23 given his association with Ferrari. Realistically, it won’t be Latifi or Tsunoda, IIRC Aston made a pitch to Alonso a while back, but Fernando is doing a stand up job at Alpine – which is a team that appears to be upwardly mobile – so I guess that leaves Albon or a negotiated port in a storm for Ricciardo.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s also gratifying to see Hamilton’s tribute to Seb here

That’s a great tribute

halifaxpete

TBH I liked Seb even in his Redbull days, moaned abit behind the wheel (dont they all) but always came across well in interviews and has a great sense of humour. Watched his IG post earlier and wish the guy luck in pasture new.

thols2

thepurist

The peak of his career 🙂

thols2

The peak of his career

If qualifying is cancelled because of the weather, Latifi will start on pole.

tomhoward

George seems pleased.

Karen less so.

thols2

First pole for Russel!

nickewen
    Free Member

Absolutely buzzing for George, incredible lap that came out of nowhere! Think his closest lap prior was half a second adrift?

Shame Lewis’s DRS failed, he was looking handy in qually too. Red Bull had a shocking Saturday 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Was it a wet qualifying?

tomhoward

Bone dry

shermer75
    Free Member

Oh wow, amazing! That was just pure pace from Russell then. Impressive!

jimster01

Karen less so.

What’s up with her now?

Jamze

Any news what happened to RB? Perez seemed to be off the pace then got traffic. Max it sounded like they were trying to bypass sensors again, so something failed?

Great for George, looking forward to a mixed up grid tomorrow.

Karen less so.

What’s up with her now?

Well Perez had a lap removed cos of limits, but was then reinstated? Might have impacted their tyre strategy?

tomhoward

Just not very happy that his drivers were 10th and 11th, while his nearest rivals were up the sharp end. Had a whinge that checo was impeded to I think, but it wasn’t the sole cause.

jimster01

Can’t wait to see how Ferrari throw this advantage away…

thols2

Yep. My guess for the podium is Russell, Norris, and Verstappen with Sainz in 4th and Leclerc retiring after a wheel falls off following his 4th pitstop.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep. My guess for the podium is Russell, Norris, and Verstappen with Sainz in 4th and Leclerc retiring after a wheel falls off following his 4th pitstop

Haha! Yep, I can absolutely see it going this way. Except it will be after the 5th pitstop lol

nickewen
    Free Member

This interview where Verstappen is saying he’s enjoying the rivalry with Leclerc/Ferrari and that he basically doesn’t like Hamilton/Merc. No shit! That’s because he’s winning comfortably this year whereas Hamilton was absolutely pushing him to the limit last season (well second half) and often over (e.g. the crash he had in Q3 in Saudi).

shermer75
    Free Member

Some excellent defending from Russell there

shermer75
    Free Member

Leclerc on the hard tyre!! Has he just thrown away the lead again?

Jamze

This interview where Verstappen is saying he’s enjoying the rivalry with Leclerc/Ferrari and that he basically doesn’t like Hamilton/Merc.

The press are trying hard to keep this Max vs. Lewis story alive IMO.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yup, there it goes. That didn’t take long!!

bruneep

Has he just thrown away the lead again

Ferrari had to go soft or hard.

shermer75
    Free Member

Hard tyres have been the story of the race

Kryton57

I’d hope for a real safety car for some payback for Lewis. Shame.

nickewen
    Free Member

Yep. I was screaming at the telly “FULL FULL FULL!” Sadly not to be.

Ferrari 2-3 after qually not even on the podium. Oh dear. They’re handing this championship to RB. In fact Merc probs not far behind in the constructors!

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep. I was screaming at the telly “FULL FULL FULL!” Sadly not to be

Unfortunately if it had been full safety car it would have finished behind it. Unless they make a random decision to tear up the rule book at the last minute of course, but who could imagine F1 ever doing that?!?

the-muffin-man

There weren’t enough laps for full safety – it would have just ended behind the safety car.

Ferrari – don’t know what to say. Throwing so many points away when they should be commanding races.

thols2

Yep, hard to deny that Red Bull and Verstappen deserve the titles this year. Hopefully Merc have sorted out their car and will be competitive from now on. I’m a big Danny Ric fan but I hope he moves to Indycar if he can’t get on top of that McL. Sad to see him struggle like this.

nickc

Genuinely impressive stuff from Verstappen and Red Bull today. They deserved that win. Having said that, all of sudden the other places on the podium are Mercedes for the second race in a row must take the shine off a bit!

shermer75
    Free Member

In fact Merc probs not far behind in the constructors

Very much so- only 30 points behind.

The other interesting thing is that Perez is only 5 points behind Leclerc- unless Ferrari get there shit together over the summer break it’s looking like Leclerc won’t even be finishing 2nd

shermer75
    Free Member

Russell is above Sainz again in the driver’s champs. Impressive stuff!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 3,110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.