Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • Bez

A kind of a vibe? It’s basically one big motorised Russian flag! 😳

dirkpitt74

the-muffin-man

Surprising there are none of Schumacher’s sponsors on the car. Unless they only want to be associated with him and not the Haaski* team.

1&1 is Shumi Jr’s sponsor – rear wing end plates and barge boards.

I suspect they’ll be finishing dead last this year as other than the mandatory changes they’ve done nothing to the car.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s worth noting that the Haas(ski!) in the pics is the 2020 car wearing a launch livery as can be seen when you look closely at the floor area behind the sidepods. I can’t confirm whether removing the bodywork of the VF-21 will reveal a slightly smaller VF-21 inside though.

thols2

I suspect they’ll be finishing dead last this year

The Rich Energy thing obviously hurt them badly and they’ve obviously resigned themselves to conserving resources this year and doing the best they can next year once their drivers have some experience. I suspect all the midfield teams will look at how things stand after a few races and others might make the same decision if there’s a big pace gap to the teams ahead of them.

richmtb

Season 3 of Drive to Survive is released on Netflix on the 19th of March

Looking forward to more of Gunther swearing

PJM1974
    Free Member

I wonder how many teams will be phoning it in from the pub and concentrating on their ’22 cars? That’s for another thread I guess.

With two rookie drivers, empty coffers and a the building blocks of a woefully underdeveloped car it’s difficult to see Haas having anything other than a transitional year. The team mate battle is going to be fascinating though.

Looking forward to more of Gunther swearing

So much this. I really want to see him telling Mazepin that “you’ve made us look like a bunch of vankers”. I try to be unbiased about these things, but Mazepin’s conduct on and off the track has left much to be desired.

Which leads us on to Williams. New owners, the return of Jenson Button as a special advisor (after snubbing a driving return to the team twice during the noughties) and a highly regarded team boss with Jost Capito. Obviously, the 2021 car is going to be rubbish given that the 2020 car was rubbish, but they may be out-rubbished by Haas if Williams have found enough resource to develop their 2020 concept enough. George Russell proved himself beyond any doubt last year subbing for Hamilton, will he score his maiden points with Williams at last?

retro83
    Free Member

mashr

Will need to find some other photos of that from the front or rear – it looks like there like the whole engine cover is massive!

I posted it earlier in the thread, here’s a closeup, she chonky

retro83
    Free Member

F1 2021 – spoilers here
    Bez

A kind of a vibe? It’s basically one big motorised Russian flag! 😳

Yeah, at first glance i thought it was a sort of abstract stars and stripes vibe looking at the side shots, then i saw the front – nope!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Breaking: Alpine design team refuse to deny reports that they “spent hours studying photographs of Jacques Laffite”.

Ligier JS5

mashr

she chonky

Yes…… yes she is 😳

lawman91

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/haas-claims-russian-flag-car-livery-not-a-result-of-wada-ruling/5578405/

Doubt we’ve heard the last of the Haas livery… I can’t see how they can get away with it, the whole front wing is basically a Russian flag! They sure love a bit of controversy in that team…

dirkpitt74

I was wondering about that with the whole ‘no Russian flags etc.’

“Currently I’m still in a discussion on how I will be classified. There is no decision yet.”

How about last and a spoilt, misogynistic pay driver?

the-muffin-man

Aston looks nice on track…

thepurist

As Seb was driving, did it look as good when it’s pointing the wrong way? 😉

Bez

How about last and a spoilt, misogynistic pay driver?

Not sure that’ll fit on the TV; I’d offer a far more concise classification.

Anyway… Portimao is go! Woohoo!

stumpy01

I’ve forgotten – who was Aston last year? Force India, or whatever they were called? Racing Point?

I can’t keep up!

thols2

Apparently the Haas colour scheme has been judged to be legal. End of debate.

As far as Mazapin goes, I tried to explain to a friend about him and what a **** he is. My friend just said, “Ahh, the guy that pissed off John Wick.” I couldn’t have summed him up better.

dirkpitt74

Haas don’t have much luck with sponsor inspired colour schemes do they…..

the-muffin-man

Haas really haven’t bought much to the F1 table since their arrival. They had a decent first season basically using a Ferrari car and it’s been downhill since then.

Premium content for Netflix has been their biggest contribution! 🙂

nickc

I’ve forgotten –

from memory: Jordan, Midland, Spyker, Force India, Racing Point, Aston Martin…

might even missed a couple

nickc

Apparently the Haas colour scheme has been judged to be legal. End of debate

I thought the debate was still on? The rules apparently say you can’t use the Russian flag, but you can use the colours of the flag…I think the jury’s still out isn’t it? happy to be corrected if you’ve more up to date news than me.

thols2

from memory: Jordan, Midland, Spyker, Force India, Racing Point, Aston Martin…

Ok, can you list all their engine suppliers without looking on the internet?

nickc

haha, I Think Jordan must have had 6 or 7 alone…Ford, Peugeot, Mugan-Honda, Honda, maybe a few others…No idea on what Midland used…Honda maybe? Spyker used Ferrari…Force India Ferrari and Mercedes, and have done ever since I think.

How’s that for nerd points?

thols2

How’s that for nerd points?

You did better than me. I checked on Wikipedia. You missed Yamaha, Toyota, and Hart. Midland used the Toyota engine.

nickc

Check me out…That’s better than I expected, didn’t realise Yamaha made F1 engines!

I think you can do the same sort of “Who were they before” with quite a few teams. Mercedes has quite the history as well…

pondo

Where was the spoiler alert? I was gonna chuck in Hart and Yamaha. 🙁

didn’t realise Yamaha made F1 engines

They didn’t for very long – some might argue they never did… 🙂

thols2

didn’t realise Yamaha made F1 engines

They took over the Judd V10 engine. It was very small and light, but unreliable and underpowered. It nearly won a race with Damon Hill in Hungary in the Arrows in 1997. Hill led most of the race but had a hydraulic failure on the final lap and came second. That was the pinnacle of their results IIRC.

https://f1i.com/magazine/262215-10-worst-engines-formula-1-history.html/7

dirkpitt74

I remember watching that race in a bar in Gran Canaria – I was shouting at the TV willing him to win…
    It was a 50p seal that failed – Tom Wilkinshaw told him not to change up a gear but he already had – if he’d stayed in the lower gear he might have just been able to hold off JV.

pondo

They took over the Judd V10 engine. 

Jordan’s Yam was a V12, wasn’t it? Five valve heads?

the-muffin-man

The V12 in the Jordan – stunning looking car even with then engine cover off…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_192

thols2

I think you can do the same sort of “Who were they before” with quite a few teams.

From memory.
    Ferrari – always Ferrari, but they started out running Alpha Romeos
    McLaren – always McLaren, but multiple changes of ownership.
    Williams – always Williams, first change of ownership last year
    Haas – always Haas
    Mercedes – originally Tyrrell, then BAR, then Honda, then Brawn, then Merc. Won championships as Tyrrell, Brawn, and Mercedes.
    Red Bull – originally Stewart, then Jaguar, then Red Bull.
    Renault – originally Toleman, then Benneton, then Renault, then Lotus, now Renault again.
    Aston Martin – already done
    Alpha Tauri – originally Minardi, then Torro Rosso, now Alpha Tauri
    Alpha Romeo – originally Sauber, then BMW, then Sauber again, now Alpha Romeo

andrewh
    Free Member

Williams – always Williams, first change of ownership last year

Frank William’s ran some customer teams before setting up his own with his name on it, don’t know if that counts?

the-muffin-man

Technically haven’t Sauber always been Sauber? Even during BMW days they were BMW Sauber and Peter Sauber had a stake in the team.

dirkpitt74

Yes Sauber are still Sauber – they’re still using the same naming convention for the chassis that they always have too.
    It’s just a partnership with Alfa rather than a complete sell out/rebrand etc.

richmtb

Impressive knowledge there @thols2

What’s the most successful team that isn’t on the grid anymore?

Lotus probably?

From the modern era is probably Toyota

thols2

What’s the most successful team that isn’t on the grid anymore?

Lotus probably?

Or maybe Brabham. It’s easy to forget how many once dominant teams disappeared.

the-muffin-man

According to Wikipedia it’s Lotus with 79 wins – Brabham had 35 wins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_constructors

retro83
    Free Member

Williams have cancelled the livery unveiling after their app was ‘hacked’ (i.e. somebody dumped the assets from it and posted them on Reddit).

the-muffin-man

Shite – even CAD models as well according to this tweet!…

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.