Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

And Mazepin has a five second penalty for punting Schumacher into a spin. That’ll go down well in the team debrief.

thols2

Edit: Beaten by seconds.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Mazepin is out – looks like a PU issue? He won’t be missed in the remainder of this race.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s fantastic to see Ricciardo finally get to grips with that McLaren, he’s led on merit.

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye I’m absolutely delighted for Ricciardo and McLaren but I’m still bouncing about that incident with Hamilton and Verstappen. Been shouting at the telly like a lunatic

Pigface
    Free Member

Time for a shoey

PJM1974
    Free Member

Get in!

thols2

nickewen
    Free Member

Great stuff. Loving the slap on the arse for Zac! 😂
    Forgot about shoeys it’s been that long

theotherjonv

That was a good race once the willy wavers cleared off.

My cousin drives for McLaren, they’ll be happy this evening.

(He’s a HGV driver and he’s one of the guys that transport everything from place to place for them)

thols2

mesh

If Max is a handful of points ahead going into the final race of the season, this feels like it might go a bit Senna/Prost…

Mega from McLaren today though.

igm

Given RB were looking at this weekend as damage limitation they’ll be reasonably pleased with extending the lead in the drivers championship and probably accepting of the constructors situation.

Assuming the stewards aren’t still trying to work out how many penalties ought to be applied.

nickewen
    Free Member

Interesting watching the interviews with Lewis/Toto and Max/Christian. RB coming across badly IMO. Max especially was not very consistent in his responses, was all over the place and talked for too long where Lewis put his point across concisely and that was it. Damon Hill was spot on, either a professional foul or error of judgment. He was probably still fuming after the slow stop. He’s hot headed at the best of times.

thols2

Assuming the stewards aren’t still trying to work out how many penalties ought to be applied.

Verstappen is probably going to take a new engine next race anyway so penalties won’t really bother him.

nickewen
    Free Member

Di Resta saying racing incident. Herbert and Hill both saying Max could have (and should have) avoided. Needless to say I’ve been calling Di Resta worse than a pick pocket

nickewen
    Free Member

Good. He deserves it. I’d like to think it’ll get him to wind his neck in but I doubt it..

theotherjonv

As if…..It’ll just fuel his belief that everyone’s against him.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Here’s a thought I just had – if MV had Toto as a team manager (or maybe another manager like the Mclcaren boss) then he would have won the WDC by now.
    I think the whole RB machine is based on bravado and being tough and it isn’t helping MV at all. I don’t think Windbag is a good team boss, he isn’t the full package like Toto is at all.

Personally I hope MV lamps someone or something else heinous and gets banned for a race. Can’t stand the pompous Sid faced stress bag at all.

b230ftw
    Free Member

https://www.racefans.net/2021/09/12/hamilton-surprising-verstappen-walked-off-without-checking-i-was-okay/

Love this. Wonderful dig at MV.

I guess LH and Toto didn’t need to say much after Silverstone as they knew MV would put his foot in it fairly soon.

jodafett

With MV entering F1 at such an early age and showing such promise I really think that he was advised to never concede a corner so in preceding years he would have built up such a reputation that everyone will get out his way. Hamilton’s now on to him!

b230ftw
    Free Member

It’s been said before but Lewis really started winning a lot when he started playing the long game. Going banzai on a corner is sometimes a great racing move, but just as much can cost you the place, the race or the championship.
    If MV wants to be WDC he needs better advice. Not from Windbag, or his dad (nasty piece of work) but someone who can mentor him properly. He has skill and pace but he needs more than that if he wants to do more than win a few races.

Twodogs

If MV wants to be WDC he needs better advice. Not from Windbag, or his dad (nasty piece of work) but someone who can mentor him properly. He has skill and pace but he needs more than that if he wants to do more than win a few races.

Agree with all this…except I think he will be WDC this year. But I think it would do him good in the long term to get away from Horner and Helmet

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I wonder if Redbull have booked Albon for tomorrow?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Di Resta saying racing incident. Herbert and Hill both saying Max could have (and should have) avoided. Needless to say I’ve been calling Di Resta worse than a pick pocket

I normally have a lot of time for Di Resta but he came across as a bit of a nobber today, highly dismissive of anybody else’s point of view and refused to blame anyone else other than Hamilton.

Karen seemed to be very humble post race, not his usual aggressive self……

Brilliant to see a McLaren 1-2.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Will Horner bill MV for the damage?!

There’s a budget cap now after all 😀

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Verstappen is probably going to take a new engine next race anyway so penalties won’t really bother him.

This is what irks me, he takes both of them out of the race maintaining the championship lead and effectively gets away with it scot free due to engine penalties which no doubt he will take at the next race.

masterdabber
    Free Member

What an obnoxious piece of work Verstappen is. Regardless of their history and feud, to just walk away from the scene without even a glance to see if Hamilton was OK is just so bad. What sort of man does that?

dannybgoode

I notice a distinct lack of hysterics from Merc. No MV was trying to murder LH or anything – just heads down and get on with it.

Disgraceful from Max not to check in on Lewis too, even if it had been nailed on Lewis’s fault, as first person out of their car he should have gone and checked.

dannybgoode

I notice a distinct lack of hysterics from Merc. No MV was trying to murder LH or anything – just heads down and get on with it.

Disgraceful from Max not to check in on Lewis too, even if it had been nailed on Lewis’s fault, as first person out of their car he should have gone and checked.

halifaxpete

I’m no LH fanboy but agreed Max should have cut the chicane/yielded. Chuffed for McLaren/Danny Ric. Bottas driver of the day for me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Lewis seems quite smug about Max’s penalty.

andrewh
    Free Member

I wpulfnhave put that at a racing incident, 70/30 Verstappen’s fault. Silverstone the same but maybe 60/40 Hamilton’s fault.
    But as someone said above, why can everyone else do it properly?
    Also, what is it with drivers who are leaving?
    Bottas had his best race of the year now he’s definitely going, Giovanazi seems to have upped his game now he’s probably off too. Happened to Perez last year, he was amazing after RP dropped him. Why does getting dropped seem to lead to an upturn?

Pook

Stress.

Lift the pressure and they can relax and focus on the actual job.

endomick
    Free Member

I agree, I agree, I agree.

Pook

Bloody thing! It told me it had a 502 Bad Gateway whatever that is

MSP

why can everyone else do it properly?

They can’t, there has been many more collisions than the two involving Lewis and Max.

tjagain

Both of them have made a career out of giving opponents the choice of be overtaken or crash – Hamilton less so now than when younger but he still has done it

Purely inevitable and both as bad

I do laugh at the way Hamilton can do no wrong for so many on here when he is equally ruthless

endomick
    Free Member

Max has shown what a total turd he is by saying over the radio that’s what you get if you dont leave enough room, then just walking off without checking on Lewis after landing on top of him, totally disgusting, imagine Horner’s reaction if the roles were reversed. Max is a sociopath who thinks he’s entitled to every corner, Lewis’s actions on the first lap to avoid a collision helped the stewards realise what Max is.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.