Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • slowoldman

He made a lot of drivers look like amateurs there.

How did he do that?

bwoah, I did some overtake”

Clearly I don’t understand motor racing. I thought overtaking was a good thing.

oomidamon

Alfa obviously liked it, they are sticking with Kimi and Giovonazzi for 2021.

Twodogs

which IMHO demonstrates Alfa’s complete lack of ambition

thepurist

At least Williams have confirmed Russell and Latifi – bad day for Perez tho

thols2

bad day for Perez Hulkenberg tho

Rumours are that Red Bull see Perez as likely replacement if they decide to ditch Albon. This means that Hulkenberg is almost certainly out.

keithb

I can’t believe giovinazzi is getting another season. I can’t think of a time where his name has come up as having had a good day behind the wheel.

Surely Perez/hulkenberg would have been a better option for reliability, or rotate in another Ferrari junior in the hope of getting someone fast and good!  Bonkers.

thols2

I can’t believe giovinazzi is getting another season.

thepurist

So the only seats open for next year are currently occupied by Albon, Kvyat, RoGro and KMag. The ResBull/AT seats are being widely discussed but not much noise about the Haas options. Surely the Hulk has a chance there as a safe pair of hands that won’t throw the car at the scenery and will give good feedback to develop the dog they’ve currently got. If I was Gunther I’d want someone who will reliably deliver what the cars capable of rather than some mercurial talent who might somehow drag it all the way up to 14th place but stands a good chance of getting greedy and throwing it all away.

Twodogs

So the only seats open for next year are currently occupied by Albon, Kvyat, RoGro and KMag.

Don’t forget the one at Mercedes 😂

thepurist

Don’t forget the one at Mercedes

I think that one’s even more guaranteed than Boris’ U turn lockdown

thols2

retro83
    Free Member

Argh man russell must be gutted, what a time for that to happen

eddiebaby
    Free Member

This has been an ‘interesting race.
    Hamilton has obviously sold his soul to the devil.

retro83
    Free Member

FFS Albon 🤭

Klunk
    Free Member

carlos the cat!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Go Honey Badger!

thols2

retro83
    Free Member

the piece of ferrari which was embedded in bottas’ car!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Twodogs

Asked about how Wolff’s announcement could impact on Hamilton’s future, he responded: “I don’t even know if I’m going to be here next year so it’s not a concern for me at the moment.

Yeah, right

Pook

I think Russell was really unlucky. Just as he gunned it, there was clearly a bump in the road. You see it pop the car up

Bez

the piece of ferrari which was embedded in bottas’ car!

I guess Ferrari have finally figured out how to make their car go faster 🙂

joefm

cold tyres and a huge amount of power….

I hope the organisers keep these circuits on the calendar rather than some of the crap usually in there because of the host state is paying a fortune to have a gp.

retro83
    Free Member

Pook

I think Russell was really unlucky. Just as he gunned it, there was clearly a bump in the road. You see it pop the car up
    Posted 12 hours ago

It’s not exactly unheard of. Verstappen binned it on the way to the grid this year, Schumacher’s crashed behind the SC (twice i think), Grosjean last year, Hakinnen as well iirc, Vettel crashed into Webber or vice versa in seb’s early seasons.

Cold tyres, swerving & giving it gas to try and get some heat in them, below race speed so no downforce. Entirely understandable. But embarrassing and gutting to lose a chance at points when he was genuinely in a position to get them by merit.

richmtb

I hope the organisers keep these circuits on the calendar rather than some of the crap usually in there because of the host state is paying a fortune to have a gp

Nice to see them back at Imola, but its a tricky circuit to overtake at, I think Mugello and Portimao were better substitute circuits for the current F1 cars. It will be interesting to see what Istanbul is like.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I feel quite sorry for George Russell making an uncharacteristic error like that, but the combination of cold tyres and a safety car have caught out many more experienced drivers over the years.

Albon appears to have royally fluffed it again.

retro83
    Free Member

yeah, surely sealed his fate there. Double whammy as well with Kvyat finishing 4th.

joefm

Nice to see them back at Imola, but its a tricky circuit to overtake at, I think Mugello and Portimao were better substitute circuits for the current F1 cars. It will be interesting to see what Istanbul is like.

Agree to an extent. I guess out of the three italian rounds Monza and Mugello would be favoured.

the-muffin-man

Good article on the future of F1, salary caps and the phasing out of wind-tunnels…

https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/04/why-f1-is-talking-wind-tunnel-bans-and-driver-salary-caps-but-not-an-engine-freeze/

…and Red Bull’s usual hypocrisy! 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Good article, thanks.

reluctantjumper

Seeing as we’re talking about the future of F1 and we’ve just had the announcement that they’re going to Saudi Arabia, thought this might be of interest:

chrismac

F1 is always about following the money. I’m surprised it’s taken this long

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looks like Vietnam may not make it on to the calendar at any point now…
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54879815

thepurist

Sad that the rich motorsport heritage of Vietnam won’t be rewarded with an F1 race. Oh hang on…

Anyhow, 2021 calendar announced – expect it was far too late to consider incorporating any of the enforced learnings from this year’s guest circuits and my guess is that there won’t be any consideration of them when it comes to ’22 and beyond.

Australian GP – March 21
    Bahrain GP – March 28
    Chinese GP – April 11
    TBC – April 25
    Spanish GP – May 9
    Monaco GP – May 23
    Azerbaijan GP – June 6
    Canadian GP – June 13
    French GP – June 27
    Austrian GP – July 4
    British GP – July 18
    Hungarian GP – August 1
    Belgian GP – August 29
    Dutch GP – September 5
    Italian GP – September 12
    Russian GP – September 26
    Singapore GP – October 3
    Japanese GP – October 10
    United States GP – October 24
    Mexican GP – October 31
    Brazilian GP – November 14
    Saudi Arabia GP – November 28
    Abu Dhabi GP – December 5

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey quali in Turkey is terrifying. A slippy track with rain on it. Looks horrific out there.

thols2

Twodogs

Possibly not for long…he’s under investigation for going too fast under yellow flags (in q1 I assume)

P20

That was chaos. Hope tomorrow allows them to race

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why wait until just a couple of weeks before the event to lay a new track?

reluctantjumper

The original surface failed inspection is what some have said. Just needed a few repairs done but they went with a full repave. Don’t forget the track has had very little use since the last time F1 was there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.