Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • hols2
    Free Member

They will all be throwing whatever they have at the current chassis as if they don’t the competition will and they’ll go backwards.

They’re limited in what they’re allowed to do. For Ferrari and Red Bull, their realistic goal is probably just to finish in the top three this year and next, then to be fully competitive in 2022. There is no way they will be able to catch Merc unless they can find a massive power increase for next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-technical-update-recovery-tokens/4839743/

Klunk
    Free Member

max crashstappen ! lol on a parade lap

Klunk
    Free Member

that front left suspension looked well wobbly when he drove off !

Klunk
    Free Member

that fezzer is a pile of rubbish

Kryton57

Albon answering his Critics?

Klunk
    Free Member

they were not wrong about those softs!!! look at the state of lewis tyres after 3 laps!

bruneep

they were not wrong about those softs!!! look at the state of lewis tyres after 3 laps

That was mostly tyre marbles and other track debris stuck to the tyre to add weight to the car

Klunk
    Free Member

seems the ferrari “cheating” has made the merc unassailable!

Klunk
    Free Member

verstappen’s were completely smooth, and it looked like graining to me.

Klunk
    Free Member

though the fact that hamilton pitted kind of shows the flaw in the lack of “team orders” at mercedes, the safest option for the win was not to pit (always has inherent risks) and trundle round on the warn mediums with the 25 second buffer for the final 4 laps of the race rather than risk the win with a pit stop.

Twodogs

But needed the fasted lap bonus point..if Bottas has finished 2nd and Hamilton didn’t get fastest lap they’d be on equal points

Klunk
    Free Member

exactly…. can’t see it happening at ferrari or red bull. If you have a No 1 driver you don’t risk his race win due to the performance of the No 2.

Bez

As a team it’s an extra point in the bag regardless of what Bottas does, so you go for it. The whole business is about taking risks for points, and let’s face it, a Merc pit stop is hardly a big risk unless it’s fancy dress.

Shame the rain didn’t arrive… plenty of fun in turns 1-3 as usual, but otherwise one of those races where I didn’t feel short-changed by the highlights.

hols2
    Free Member

So reading this, Ferrari seem to have done exactly what McLaren did – reorganize based on some silly management theory where everyone interferes in everyone else’s business, find that it sucked, and then go back to basics to figure out what is wrong with the car. Having the weakest engine along with a crap chassis isn’t helpful, either.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-weakness-that-ferraris-new-structure-intends-to-address/

Bez

This is a fairly mind-blowing comment from Vettel:

“I think [Schumacher] is the best there ever was. I was hoping to take some championships away from Lewis so that Michael’s record stands a bit longer; now we are a bit out of striking distance to try and block him” (source)

So one of his key motivations is to try and prevent Hamilton beating Schumacher’s records? That’s a really, really bizarre psychology for a racing driver.

escrs
    Free Member

So it looks like the following could happen

Vettel off to Tracing Point/Aston Martin next year

Perez off to Alfa

Bye Bye Kimi 🙁

Kryton57

That’s a really, really bizarre psychology for a racing driver.

And people ask about comments against Vettel.  Its exactly that kind of things thats turned me against him.

mashr

what other things like that has he said?

bigdean

Didn’t Kimi get a big stake in the alfa team as part of the deal to leave ferrari?

sockpuppet

what other things like that has he said?

I suspect it’s not just quotes but other ‘things’ too.

TBH I find it hard to get past him crashing into Lewis on purpose in Baku.

But then what to do I know – I struggled to get past Schumacher deliberately crashing into Hill (successfully) and then Villeneuve (less so).

mashr

The Vettel hate here started long before Baku

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s also very important for Ferrari’s marketing cachet if Schumacher’s seven championship haul remains unmatched, after all they provided him with the machinery to win five of those WDCs and will forever be associated with him. There’s some corporate pride at stake here, hence Vettel’s comments.

It’s also worth noting that Vettel is quite strident in his support for Hamilton’s political activities, even taking a knee in support.

Would be a great shame to see a driver like Perez bounced into a Sauber in deference to Stroll, he deserves far better but then so did Esteban Ocon when he was turfed out.

the-muffin-man

McLaren add Gulf sponsorhip – only low key logo on engine bay at the minute but the Merch could be good!…

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-shock-gulf-oil-brand/4842608/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-22

thepurist

Saw that Gulf news and was hoping for a render of a Mclaren in pale blue with a papaya orange stripe.

the-muffin-man

…maybe next season thepurist! 🙂

tomhoward

US, Mexico and Brazil off 🙁

Nurburgring, Imola and Portimao in 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53527355

bombjack
    Free Member

You’ve got to wonder what other European grade 1 circuits are eyeing up potential October / November dates. So glad they are going back to Imola, its not the circuit it was, but its still a test for the drivers with some great elevation changes. Nurburgring is a little meh, but Portimao will be great given they have no real-world data to work with.
    TBH they could do a European only world championship and I dont think I’d be dissapointed.

tomhoward

Is Turkey still a usable circuit?
    Magny Cours?
    *wishful thinking* 10-15 laps of Nordschleife. TBF I’d watch them do an ITT there…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wow. Three Italian circuits. Ferrari must be crapping themselves.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The 24 hour Le Mans circuit?

johndoh
    Free Member
    bombjack
    Free Member

Lewis to be the first and last driver to win the Italian triple crown. Vettel will hate that.

tomhoward

The 24 hour Le Mans circuit?

I reckon the Mercs winning margin would be measured in hours there, rather than seconds…

nickc

McLaren add Gulf sponsorhip

A bit of me wants this left well alone…It’s an iconic colour scheme fo’shure, but these sort of “re-imaginings” always look a bit forced IMO…

thepurist

BTW if you’re a fan of the Gulf livery, Lusso do this jersey

jimster01

If Imola is back on the calendar, can we have a GP at Brands Hatch?

UseItorLoseIt

Afraid not about Brands Hatch. Or Donington for that matter.

They are not on the list of Grade 1 status FIA circuits. Safety and facilities not up to scratch.

mashr

Knockhill is licenced to run in both directions – perfect for a double header!

simondbarnes

Well that’s one way to stop Tracing Point I guess….

Perez goes into quarantine ahead of British GP after testing positive for Covid-19

simondbarnes

Looks like The Hulk is being lined up as a replacement. Could he finally get a podium?

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.