Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • hols2
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

3 place grid drop and 2 penalty points for Lando for overtaking under yellows.

Ricciardo put it in the wall pretty hard, unfortunate if quali is cancelled as he’ll start from the back then I guess.

andrewh
    Free Member

But if quali is cancelled we have the Racing Points right at the sharp end and Latiffi one place behind Vettel, on merit, on his second attempt 🙂
    Not keen to see Verstappen on pole but otherwise looks like a good grid. How much would it it need to rain to cancel quali…?

reluctantjumper

That Renault basically lost all rear grip as it ran over the pitlane line. Hopefully Qualy will run tomorrow as Ricciardo is usually good in changing conditions plus we’ll get a mixed up grid, set it up for another good race on Sunday.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

With FP3 rained off I’m looking forward to qualifying now. Be interested to see if Lewis performs his usual we weather magic.

As there was no coverage worth looking at I went to YouTube and stumbled across this. The racing is bonkers. Move over Saloon Cars and DTM this is the new king.

Kryton57

Be interested to see if Lewis performs his usual we weather magic.

Anyone thinking his slower pace could be a blinder being played to a wet weather setup?

boomerlives
    Free Member

Tactical suicide if so as it’s supposed to be nice on Sunday

hols2
    Free Member

Anyone thinking his slower pace could be a blinder being played to a wet weather setup?

Merc took his car apart to check the setup – Hamilton said it didn’t feel right. Usually the simplest explanation is most likely – Max had a good day, Bottas had an unremarkable day, Hamilton had a bad day. Anything could happen tomorrow if last Sunday is any guide.

Kryton57

This is better, it should rain every quali.   I’d be surprised if Ferrari get out of q2 though, ouch.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes Lewis! What a star.

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s one steely eyed racing driver!!!

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Excellent qualy.

reluctantjumper

That was an impressive lap, so much faster in very difficult conditions!

A mixed up grid so should lead to some fun tomorrow.

Bez

Was anyone else willing Russell to leapfrog the two Ferraris and knock them both out of Q3? Man, that would have been something 🙂 A great effort nonetheless.

Great stuff, one of those occasional qualifying sessions when watching on highlights doesn’t come close to doing it justice. Stellar lap from Hamilton. The timesheet at least was reminiscent of Monza a couple of years back.

reluctantjumper

I’m a pauper so watched the C4 show and they did a good job of showing all the twists and turns. I tried to watch the F1 highlights video on YouTube but they use Crofty and Brundle for the commentary and Croft’s constant shouting just made me turn it off! If he can make me do that for one of the best qualy sessions in ages then I’m happy to only see the highlights package.

Oh and the point I came here to make: if Hamilton wins the championship again and anyone says it’s not a proper championship due to the odd season I’ll just point them to today’s Q3 and ask them if they can point put where he isn’t the class of the field? 1.2 seconds over everyone else in those conditions on such a short lap is just stunning.

thegreatape
    Free Member
    PJM1974
    Free Member

Leclerc has a three place penalty, which means that a Ferrari will start behind a Williams. George Russell drove a fantastic stint though, credit where it’s due. Both McLarens have good one lap pace in the wet, plus Ocon claims he had more to give after qualifying an excellent fifth in the Renault. McLaren haven’t been third on the start since 2014…

We also have the Racing Points at the back of the grid. Should make for exciting stuff.

hols2
    Free Member

Should be a great race in the midfield with two Ferraris trying to get past the Renaults and McLarens. Assuming Bottas can get past Sainz fairly quickly, I guess the top three will romp away, but Merc can split strategy between the two cars so Verstappen at a disadvantage. Alonso must be wishing he’d had the patience to stick with McLaren a bit longer.

boomerlives
    Free Member

There was a repeat of the Hamilton/Albon scuffle in the F2 race. Lawson and Peroni IIRC.

There was none of the big fuss, they just got on with it. The guy on the outside was clattered, he held it and lost the place.

Neither team were Red Bull whingers

simondbarnes

McLaren haven’t been third on the start since 2014…

Well other than last Sunday 😉

hols2
    Free Member

Neither team were Red Bull whingers

They’re just in the junior grades. If they make it to the Big League, they’ll get the hang of whinging pretty quick if history is any lesson.

crazy-legs

The wingsuit / aerobatic plane thing was impressive! (Sky Sports F1 channel).
    They’re putting on a good airshow. 🙂

simondbarnes

Oops for Ferrari

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ha ha!

crazy-legs

Oops for Ferrari

Can’t imagine for the life of me why no-one wants to employ Vettel anymore… 🤔

hols2
    Free Member

What’s the odds of Vettel finishing the season?

simondbarnes

Can’t imagine for the life of me why no-one wants to employ Vettel anymore

He was taken out by his teammate

MSP

Leclerc would be penalised if he did that to another team imo.

crazy-legs

He was taken out by his teammate

To be fair, on this occasion Leclerc was putting his car into gap that didn’t exist.

But both Ferrari’s out inside of 5 laps.

hols2
    Free Member

simondbarnes

Decent last couple of laps

Klunk
    Free Member

Lando!!!!

Pook

It’s all about the podium trophy robots for us.

Kids were in hysterics

wardee
    Free Member

Somebody needs to explain to the BBC how to turn their radio transmitters on and off.

Yesterday they forgot to turn the feed off after qualifying.

Today they did the opposite and the feed on the bbc website didn’t start until part way through the warm up lap, with the commentator mid sentence.

tomhoward

Nice to see actual flags on the ‘podium’, plus seeing the drivers celebrate with their teams was cool too. Maybe lessons to be learned from that, rather than the formal affair we normally get.

the-muffin-man

Albon just hasn’t got the speed to remain in that Red Bull seat. And with no-one in their junior teams ready to step up taking Vettel back would be a better option.

And yes – loving the robot podiums!! 🤣🤣

hols2
    Free Member

taking Vettel back would be a better option

Vettel is a shadow of what he used to be.

the-muffin-man

A shadow of Vettel is still better than Albon in full sunshine! 😀

He’s a nice enough chap Albon – but he should be closer than that to his team-mate especially as Verstappen had wing damage.

A change of scene for Vettel to his old ‘happy place’ may be enough to bring his mojo back.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Drop Kvyat and put Albon alongside Gasly to compare. Get Vettel in for the year or two

simondbarnes
Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.