• This topic has 1,693 replies, 146 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,694 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

…is actually using a VPN + F1 subscription illegal – after all you are paying for it?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hmph. F1 cars have wings, not spoilers.

They’re called spoilers because they mean nobody can overtake the car in front, so they spoil the racing.

retro83
    Free Member

roady_tony

…is actually using a VPN + F1 subscription illegal – after all you are paying for it?

I don’t think so but it is against their T&C and they’ve said they will ban anyone attempting to use a VPN to access it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you’ve got a subscription in one EU country and watching anywhere in EU, then it shouldn’t be blocked anyway under EU cross-border portability rules. Except for those in UK after 29th March (or whenever we leave), then they go back to blocking it.

roady_tony
    Free Member

Well according to F1 TV PRO subscription its available for these regions

For 2019 -Cyprus, Denmark, Greece, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and Sweden. They join the existing roster of countries where F1 TV Pro is available: Argentina, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Serbia, Saint Maarten, Slovenia, South Tyrol, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Ukraine, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, USA and Venezuela.

Portugal is member of EU? Poland? South Tyrol (bring part of Austria) Greece etc etc

thepurist

Looks like Mercedes finally chucked out the sandbags. Redbull showing promise, but oh dear Williams – what were the gp2 laptimes like?

roady_tony
    Free Member

i wonder if Williams are just hanging on until the new 2021 regs/rules/budget restrictions (or at least to see what they are like – being shown to the teams on March 26th)

rOcKeTdOg

i bet declerc had brown overalls after his little bit of off roading.
    Ferrari & red bull suspiciously off the pace. suspect they’ll swap the unleaded for something richer come quali time

Bez

Interesting piece on aerodynamics:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705

(Takes me back to uni, although I’ve forgotten most of it long ago.)

Seems to correlate with Horner’s comments that the Mercedes looks fast but demanding (another “diva”?). But then if you’ve got if you’ve got a driver who’s not just fast but adaptable then that’s a route you can take. Alonso’s the gold standard there but Hamilton’s probably the next best thing.

For a while I’ve had my (metaphorical) money on this being another season where Mercedes overhaul Ferrari through development… time will tell.

Nothing counts for squat until Q1, anyway…

Daffy

For this that may be interested,

Sky are offering F1 for £10 per month.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I have to admit I do feel F1 has been stolen from the common people. Bring back our F1, think about the children.

Watched every race since Hill in ‘96, albeit highlights in last few years, and dipped in since the eighties. Not sure how good the highlight will be on C4 this year but will just have to lump it as not paying for Sky. It is £10 a month on top of the existing subscription. Thanks Bernie.

Williams don’t look too hot but rooting for Kubica to surprise everyone.

Mercedes for pole? Ferrari sandbagging? Will make for very interesting Q3, but won’t be able to watch until 12.30. Enjoy the early morning oh fortunate ones.

Twodogs

Can anyone tell me: if I by a NowTV stick, can I buy 1 day NowTV pass and watch F1 on catchup? Or is it only live? (I see they fo a Skysports 1 year pass for £195…but I doubt I’ll watch all the races and don’t need any other sky sports stuff)

Daffy

Surely it’s cheaper to just pay Sky £10 a month?

20 races at £9 a race is going to cost more than £10 a month for 7-8months.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I thought the 10 quid was only for sky subscribers, on top of the existing contract? Could be wrong, probably am.

Daffy

It almost certainly is. I am, so it’s not a problem. It’s also only £8 as I already have HD.

Twodogs

Yeah I don’t have a sky subscription

Kryton57

Well,  Now isn’t Hi def, you have to pay again or for a weekend pass to see the qualy as well, and you can’t record it.

Im tempted by the Sky offer, hi def coverage recordable around my cycling.  Goddamit.   It’s for 18 months with another £10 for 6 months on renewal too, so you’d watch half of 2020 and get hooked before cancelling if you aren’t strong enough.

edit – it is for new subscribers

Formula 1® Channel Offer: Sky TV required for £22 pm with new 18-month minimum term, standard price £27 pm outside of new minimum term. Set-up fee up to £20. All Sky Q kit is loaned to you at no cost and must be returned at the end of your subscription. Sky Sports F1 offer: Sky Sports F1 £10 extra a month for 24 months for new and existing customers, cancellation requires 31 days’ notice. Upon cancellation, this offer will not be redeemable again. After 24 months, standard price will apply (currently £18pm). Offer ends 1 April 2019. General: Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required. Prices may go up during your contract. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Weekend set-up £15 extra. Connect to TV using HDMI cable. You own the Sky dish. Prices may vary if you live in a flat. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s). UK residential customers only. Email address required so we can keep in touch about your services. Further terms apply.

jairaj

Oh boo … Williams’ poor pace looks like it might be genuine from the first practice session. Looks like it’s going to be a tough season. I was never under any illusion that the car was going be best of the rest but was hoping for something a bit better than that to allow Kubica a few opportunities to shine but think it might be very the current car.

I hope Ferrari find their pace soon, it’ll be good to see a tight battle with the Mercs.

swavis

So Ferrari weren’t sandbagging then…

hols2
    Free Member

Just waiting to see how long it will be before Christian Horner and Max V start slagging off Honda for producing the worst engine in the field.

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s quite a margin!

jimster01

Good to see Norris getting the job done for McLaren.

Kryton57

Desperately trying to avoid spoilers….

i notice the race is on Sky One tomorrow.  I assume that’s not going to be the case for the season, and of course that is the “carrot” that gets you to sign up before the April 1 end to the deal?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Desperately trying to avoid spoilers….

Possibly shouldn’t be here then. 🙂
    I listened on BBC and think I’ll make the best fort to watch it tomorrow. Could be great if quali is anything to go by.

mashr

A Mercedes romp isn’t going to do the viewing figures much good! Think I’ll be actively looking for spoilers

wukfit
    Free Member

Has anyone watched “Formula 1: drive to survive” on Netflix?
    I’ve just about finished binge watching all 10 episodes, have enjoyed it

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Has Kravitz had the boot from Sky Sports? I’d managed to forget how annoying Chandhok is.

Merc looks a handful but fast, Vettel looks like he should be on some sort of ‘list’ with that tache and great to see Norris/McLaren in the top ten. Would love to put Alonso back in there for one fast lap to see what he could rag out of it.

Rich_s

Would love to put Alonso back in there for one fast lap to see what he could rag out of it.

Haven’t they suffered enough?

rOcKeTdOg

has kravitz had the boot from sky sports?

hols2
    Free Member

Williams uncovers “fundamental” fault on 2019 F1 car

FFS. Last year’s car was the bottom of the barrel. This year they’ve opened a whole new barrel beneath that.

Pook

Bottas has nailed this

richmars

So Ferrari just a minute behind the winner!

hols2
    Free Member

Thank God for the rule changes making overtaking easier or that could have just been another one of those boring processions.

mashr

Saw the highlights on the news. I feel like that’s enough for now

Daffy

Have to say, I hate the commentators on Sky. Simon Lazonby is outstanding in his ability to name the wrong driver in ANY race situation. I also prefer David Coulthard to Martin Brundle.

escrs
    Free Member

Have to agree, i much prefer DC’s commentary to SKY’s

Unfortunately due to C4 now only showing highlights 7 hours after the race has finished (today’s race) means ill no longer be watching on C4

Have bought a Now Tv sky sports pass for a year for £195 (offer ends on 31st of March)

Only downside is you cant record races to watch back at your own time and they don’t have a on demand service for sky sports on Now tv, so it means ill have to watch every race live no matter what time it starts but its better than trying not to find out who won for 7 hours and then only seeing highlights

mashr

Have bought a Now Tv sky sports pass for a year for £195 (offer ends on 31st of March)

First though: expensive
    Second thought: that’s an offer?!

Twodogs

Only downside is you cant record races to watch back at your own time and they don’t have a on demand service

Do they have a catch up service?

Kryton57

This is why I’m considering the £10 direct to Sky…

rOcKeTdOg

£10 was worth the incredulous happy look on Bottas face. wait til he realises he got in Lewis’s car by mistake in the pits!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,694 total)

The topic ‘F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)’ is closed to new replies.