• This topic has 1,693 replies, 146 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,694 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • Pook

anyone playing f1 2019 on the ps4?

mashr

Sort of, as small children allow

shermer75
    Free Member

Who’s winning?

shermer75
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to buy F1 tickets?

shermer75
    Free Member

Also, general admission tickets are waaay cheaper. What’s the catch? Do you have to sit for hours to reserve your place? Looking at Zandvoort and Austria next year

Kryton57

shermer75
    Free Member

comparison of hamilton and charles’ laps … brilliant s3 from lewis

Indeed!!

It also gives a really good illustration of Ferrari’s straight line speed advantage, which is pretty jaw dropping!

athgray
    Free Member

Looking at Zandvoort and Austria next year

I had heard that they had to run a lottery for Zandvoort tickets as so many want to go. I think all individual Sunday only tickets have been allocated. Packages may be available but I imagine prices will be eye watering.

shermer75
    Free Member

Zandvoort tickets weren’t on sale yet when I checked but I can imagine the Orange Army snapping them up pretty quickly!!

slackalice
    Free Member

Why are Ferrari so quick now? At the beginning of the season the educated consensus was that the Ferrari approach to their aero, especially re the front wing was superficially quicker but fundamentally floored in terms of development as opposed to the approach of Mercedes and other teams.

And yet, here we are with the red car quicker in all areas with the right driver.

athgray
    Free Member

https://dutchgp.com/en/information/

It seems ballot tickets for Zandvoort were allocated in July.

hols2
    Free Member

Why are Ferrari so quick now?

They introduced a new front wing, floor, plus other parts for Singapore. It seems to have worked really well and solved their downforce deficit. Plus, they have an excellent engine that seems to have some special qualifying mode that nobody else can figure out. Plus, they were a bit unlucky at times early in the season and also made some terrible strategic decisions. In Singapore, Merc completely dropped the ball strategy wise so that made Ferrari look better than they really were. Merc could have won that race if they’d pitted early and gone for the undercut. Plus, Leclerk seems to be a very good driver who has matured really quickly and is able to nail qualifying.

MSP

Why are Ferrari so quick now? At the beginning of the season the educated consensus was that the Ferrari approach to their aero, especially re the front wing was superficially quicker but fundamentally floored in terms of development as opposed to the approach of Mercedes and other teams.

And yet, here we are with the red car quicker in all areas with the right driver.

There was one article by an insider which considered the point that Ferrari may be going into a dead end re development of the front wing, but iirc that article also said that they had the quickest car at that point. Reality is that Ferrari have had the strongest car for most of the season but have serially underachieved, Vettel has been extremely poor, the team have screwed a few races and Leclerc has taken a while to go from “believing” he can win to “knowing” he can win.

IMO this has not been a dominant Mercedes car this year, it is Hamilton that has really made the difference.

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks for the insights @hols2 and @MSP. It was that article on the beeb site that had me wondering what was going on and it sounds like a new chassis and getting their shit together is making the difference.

So long as LH doesn’t have any dnf’s, the titles are his and Merc’s this year. Next year is anyone’s guess!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well this is fascinating…
    Ferrari are having fun………

sharkbait
    Free Member

Vettel is such a dick. LC ordered to let him by at the start to get him into second – which he does – then finger boy won’t let him back in front.
    Moron.

hols2
    Free Member

null

martinhutch

Just desserts for finger boy

sharkbait
    Free Member

Finger boy out….. I really hope the pit wall turned his engine off for being a tosser!
    😁

Klunk
    Free Member

and penalties in Japan too, if he’s borked his K.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brilliant result!

Kryton57

Multi 21… with a better outcome.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Naughty Red Baron, I should imagine he’s having a strongly worded listening too at his interview without tea and biscuits.

slackalice
    Free Member

SV – what a cock.

shermer75
    Free Member

A little surprised he was voted the driver of the day, I found him annoying

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve said it numerous times on this thread that the cherry on my Sunday cake is watching the demise of Vettel.

But

For me he was quicker in the first part of the race, Le Clerc couldn’t get near enough to him. Vettel got the better start irrespective of what the team agreed before the race.

Apart from Bottas, I could pretty much guarantee every other driver on the grid would have done the same.

Just a shame he had to retire as it ruined the race.

Klunk
    Free Member

perhaps ferrari realizing for all intent and purposes the title was gone after the mid season break have been ragging the engines to get some wins under their belts and sod the consequences.

MSP

You give the place to your team driver if that is what has been agreed. Hamilton has done so for Bottas a couple of times.

That way it is easier for the other driver to accept giving up a place in more important times. Now maybe next time Leclerc defends off the line, or doesn’t give a place up when the points matter.

I don’t think that Vettel understands that it is a team sport, there are hundreds of people working to give him the opportunity to win races, those opportunities are going to get less and less if he doesn’t back the team effort.

Bez

Had to shake my head in despair listening to Ferrari’s team radio at the start. Embarrassing listening to them try to pitch their change of plan to Leclerc when they were simply bending over in response to a repeat of Multi 21.

Nice moves by Albon, redeemed himself nicely.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

The Ferrari radio during the race is hilarious. Option A, option B, option Z, let Le Clerc past, push now. They sound like they don’t know their arse from their elbow.

jree
    Free Member

Ferrari are a Shambles and Merc and Lewis know it. Apply mild pressure for a long enough period and they just fall to bits. Having their no2 driver become No1 mm I’d season when finger boys ego is so big is a massive issue.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Spaghetti Italian all over again. It’s like the 90’s and early 2000’s before Schumacher, Brawn, Todt and Byrne sorted it out.

shermer75
    Free Member

Mattia Binotto has def made a rod for his own back when he started applying team orders within the first 6 races of the season, way too early!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I don’t watch the races because they’re too boring but it was great on 5 Live today listening to all the Ferrari communications.

It’s now a perfect sport for radio IMHO.

Bez

he started applying team orders within the first 6 races of the season, way too early!

There were team orders in race 1! Leclerc was instructed to stay behind Vettel. Their handling of their drivers was a joke from the outset, something which Leclerc demonstrated in Bahrain.

I think if they keep Vettel in 2020 they risk throwing away their chances at a championship. Vettel’s having another 2014, and Leclerc’s being pulled in two directions by the desire to win and the need to play politics. Thing is, no racing driver worth anything will be pulled in those directions for very long: the former will always overpower the latter. Vettel’s already throwing his toys because he knows he’s the poorer-performing driver; Ferarri really shouldn’t force Leclerc into throwing his because he knows he’s the better-performing one.

Ferrari need a number two like Raikkonen, Barrichello or Irvine. And they need to wake up to the fact that not only is Vettel no longer a number one driver, but that he’s a terrible number two.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

he’s a terrible number two.

I see what you did there…

the-muffin-man

Have we done Williams retiring Kubica to save parts!…

https://drivetribe.com/p/williams-retired-kubica-because-E_vWWohYShanv_vHJtFmtA?iid=JtWpaMTDQS6VUe3qUfzu0w

…for the employees sake I hope Claire Williams sees sense and sells the team to Michael Latiffi.

swavis

That’s doesn’t sound good at all, I really hope Williams can turn it around.

hols2
    Free Member

Just to think, the Big Three used to be Ferrari, McLaren, and Williams. Drivers used to fight for the privilege of driving a Williams.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have it on my PC, I bought it in a Steam sale. There’s no way I’d pay full RRP for an otherwise identical product to F1 2018 but with a few minor tweaks.

finger boy…

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t understand the amount vitriol towards Vettel on here. Ferrari have all of a sudden got a decent car, quite a lot of that development work will have been the result of Vettel’s input. No doubt, Leclerc has staked a claim on being lead driver – no small effort when he’s had eighteen months in F1 and his team mate is a four-times world champion. This sort of thing isn’t new in F1, look at Pironi & Villeneuve, Piquet & Mansell, Prost & Senna, even Button & Villeneueve (jnr!).

Ferrari could’ve and should’ve managed the drivers better, Vettel’s win last time out was well deserved. This time around, he was trying to keep a Merc at bay and potentially would’ve thrown away the lead had he slowed to let Leclerc by.

I have previously speculated that Ferrari will be forced to choose between Vettel and Leclerc before too long, team politics aren’t playing out in Vettel’s favour and I suspect that he’ll either take a sabbatical next year or will jump ship. At this stage in the season, his options aren’t marvellous and there will need to be some contractual manoeuvring to get him a drive in a car that will be undoubtedly inferior.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,694 total)

The topic ‘F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)’ is closed to new replies.