F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)

• This topic has 961 replies, 126 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by  jca.
Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 962 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • retro83

mesh

Subscriber

I’d love it if Haas just swapped out the RE logos for Whyte on the livery…

Yep! How good would this look? 😎

retro83

Storey told SunSport: “We terminated them. Unfortunate but logical decision in light of events.”

He added: “Haas [are] nice people but the car is going backwards.

“We are a superior product to Red Bull.

“A milkfloat at back of grid a disaster for us. End of.”

When you’re in a hole, stop digging!

sturdylad

What F*cking product?

retro83

Unbelievable

Storey’s tweet accused the earlier statement, which was attributed to ‘the shareholders who own the majority of Rich Energy’, to have been made by “minority shareholders”.

The tweet read: “The ludicrous statement by minority shareholders cosy with @redbull & @WhyteBikes is risible. Their attempted palace coup has failed. I control all of the assets of @rich_energy & have support of all key stakeholders”.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich-energy-ceo-haas-coup-tweet/4492868/

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

It gets better, the bearded one fights back!

(shame twitter seems a bit broken at the moment)

mashr

This is genuinely amazing

hols2

I control all of the assets of @rich_energy & have support of all key stakeholders

The assets being a truckload of empty cans plus some small change left in the petty cash drawer.

Premier Icon Twodogs
    Subscriber

Grosjean took his front wing off in the pit lane 🙂

could not write this stuff
    L
    O
    L

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

The neat part about it is that Grosjean had persuaded the team to run the car in its season-opening configuration in order to help them understand why they’re not doing very well.

And, to be fair, I would say he has helped them understand why they’re not doing very well.

Premier Icon Twodogs
    Subscriber

I think it’s lucky Grosjean has another career writing cookery books…he’ll have plenty of time for it soon

oomidamon

The next series of the Netflix documentary will be fantastic, whoever has to put the bleeps on Steiner will get RSI.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

I think it’s lucky Grosjean has another career writing cookery books

Anyone tried Grosjean’s lasagne recipe?

dropped lasagne

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

I must say I’m quite enjoying the fact that everyone seems to be sliding off the track today. Bodes well for an eventful race. Fiver on Vettel coming through Brooklands backwards on lap 1? 😀

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Ah how I miss the proper Silverstone with the proper fast Woodcote Corner.

athgray

I must say I’m quite enjoying the fact that everyone seems to be sliding off the track today. Bodes well for an eventful race. Fiver on Vettel coming through Brooklands backwards on lap 1? 😀

Took my son today. Both his and my first time at Silverstone. Cracking day out. I was a bit unfamiliar with the layout. We spent most of our time in one of the Woodcote stands. We could see the cars all the way down the Wellington Straight, through Brooklands and Luffield before powering all the way to the end of the National Straight.

We saw Raikkonens breakdown and plenty of cars either getting twitchy or going off at Brooklands.

I was probably most impressed by the F3 cars, probably due to there being 30 of them and all turbo charged!!

jimster01

We saw Keke Rosberg take the old Woodcote chicane flat out and with a deflating front tyre back in 1985, happy days.

pondo

Woodcote hasn’t been flat out since the seventies – it certainly wasn’t flat in ’85 with the chicane in.

Took my son today. Both his and my first time at Silverstone. Cracking day out.

That’s really cool, a proper rite of passage, I think. 🙂

Trimix

If anyone is there, see if you can buy some Rich Energy drink 🙂

athgray

I like how prominent Rich Energy is in the pic of Grosjeans decrepit front wing above. Is that the kind of advert they were hoping for?

ctk

Eddie Jordan’s wig looking especially wiggy today on CH4 qualifying ///

shermer75

Ferrari (well, Leclerc, obvs) looked fast today. Hopefully they haven’t stiffed him on the strategy again!!

Premier Icon Lord Summerisle
    Subscriber

If anyone is at Silverstone, am at post 1. This year is my 10th GP as a flag marshal, only this year I have nowt to do as the blue flags have been automated.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Woodcote hasn’t been flat out since the seventies – it certainly wasn’t flat in ’85 with the chicane in.

I watched Lola T70s side by side there in the 60s – pre chicane. That was a proper corner.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

I watched Lola T70s side by side there in the 60s – pre chicane. That was a proper corner.

By the way was I dreaming or did Haas still have Rich Energy on their cars today?

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

They’ve got the logotype but not the deer’s head logo.

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

Well done Vettel!

MSP

FFS Vettel is a danger to the other drivers.

MSP

Does that give Bottas enough time for a stop now?

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Now that was a great race!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Vettel a prize prick yet again. And that penalty has no affect on him worth worrying about, so is worthless.

Great racing though throughout, and for once Hamilton gets he plus side of the strategy.

Klunk

vettel is becoming a liability.

escrs

Great race today, Max and Lec were awesome, Vettel……not so much lol

Did anyone watch the Channel 4 coverage? on the grid walk when DC was talking to Geri Horner and Mel B, Mel B said to DC “we go way back” as she touched his arm, DC seemed to not like this and suddenly just said now the national anthem and it cut away, i wonder if they have had a drunken moment together in the past at a Horner party lol

parkesie

Bunga bunga Horner as he’s known in the paddock?

shermer75

I’m guessing that from the above letter that Haas has already received in the region of ~£8 million, assuming that there is an approximate rate of £14-£15 million a year?

Brilliant race. Watching Max and Charles at it lap after lap was great viewing.

I’ve said it before, but no Sunday is complete without getting to laugh at Vettel going off the track backwards in a cloud of smoke.

And that last lap from Lewis, on 30 odd lap old hard tyres!

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 962 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.