• This topic has 1,318 replies, 128 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,319 total)
  • F1 2018 (spoilers abound)
  • Kryton57

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Nope, management sending him a message I think

</div>

I thought this also

RickDraper
    Free Member

Spanish TV have apparently been reporting that Ferrari asked Kimi to slow down but he ignored them!

andytherocketeer

I’m sure Vettel was over 30s behind Kimi 1-2 laps from the end, but finished only 19s behind.

Prolly did get the message, but to drive at 2/3rd the average lap speed, he probably thought sod it, it’s up to Vettel to catch up. He’s out of the team, so why be a team player? for a whopping 2 points.

No idea if there’s a site that has lap times for all drivers for all laps?  cba to re-watch the highlights or catchup to confirm.

jimster01

IMO the scenarios were different between the Ferrari and Mercedes team orders, in Sochi Hamilton was behind Bottas for a lot of the race, in japan Vettel was nowhere near Raikkonen so his race wasn’t being compromised.

hols2
    Free Member

A somewhat less suspicious theory about Ferrari’s lack of pace.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/mph-ferraris-engine-mystery

the-muffin-man

Now this makes me sad – Donington Museum to close on Nov 5th…

Sad day for motorsport as Donington Museum to close

…I’ve been round this museum many times on race weekends and for a day out with my father-in-law. If you live close by then take the chance now to see some fantastic historic F1 cars up very close.

the-muffin-man

A few pics from local newspaper site. It’s an old museum but has a certain charm to it in that there are no flashy big screen displays and the like. You potter, look and admire to beauty of the cars…

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/gallery/take-look-world-famous-donington-2094996

nickewen
    Free Member

Seen this on a facebook page yesterday. I’m heading down to a wedding this weekend in Birmingham so will be having a mooch around at the motors on Sunday. The wife cannot wait…

bruneep

Kinda spoilt by the pic of Maggie overseeing things

thepurist

Oh dear, looks like sebs going to get a grid penalty for not slowing sufficiently under reds in fp1. That’ll increase the chance of Lewis wrapping up the title on Sunday.

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah if it does happen he’ll be well pissed as it was just a “bit” of gravel kicked up by his future team mate 🙂

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I really cannot stand Vettel but I think the grid penalty is a bit over the top and robs us of a good quali and race.

Has his new team mate literally kicked sand (gravel) in his face?

Kryton57

Nah. That Ferrari as we all know can easily make up places during the race.  Now, the obvious plan is for Vettel to do so sensibly and cleverly, extending Hamilton’s task to every next race. It doesn’t matter if he finishes 10 minutes behind, as long as it’s in 2nd, and he can always hope for a Mercedes issue that brings Bottas or Hamilton backward.

What he should do of course is make kamikaze starts and overtakes to try to get it all done tomorrow… ahem.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If Hamilton wins Vettel has to finish second.

scaredypants

It doesn’t matter if he finishes 10 minutes behind, as long as it’s in 3rd

I thought a Mercedes 1-2 was enough to end it all ?

Kryton57

Yes Eddie baby is correct.  I edited my post 🙂

hols2
    Free Member

I really cannot stand Vettel but I think the grid penalty is a bit over the top and robs us of a good quali and race.

Yep.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He broke safety rules. If guilty there has to be a penalty. Besides his car will easily get him past everything bar the Red Bulls and the Mercs. And to be honest the best sport will be watching him try to get past Max.

hols2
    Free Member

He broke safety rules. If guilty there has to be a penalty.

Was anyone really in danger? A fine or suspended penalty would have at least made the championship outcome a bit more exciting. As it is, if Hamilton wraps up the title this weekend, it won’t seem quite right.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Really. It’s not the earliest a title has been won and finger boy has been pretty crap of late. Since the Red Bull days of shoot into the lead and out of DRS he has looked a bit weak. This latter half of the season finger boy has looked desperate.

Moe

F1 is just disappearing up it’s own ar*e! …. so sad.

thepurist

The penalty for Vettel is (for once) consistent with other penalties given out for similar offences. Being lenient on seb would bring back the old “ferrari international assistance” claims, so they pretty much had to apply it.

crazy-legs

Yet another error on top of a string of errors from both Vettel and the team in the latter half of the season. Every one of them seems to have compounded the problem, made Vettel more desperate and more likely to make further errors.

Klunk
    Free Member

why do I get the feeling that both fins at the front of the grid have been told if the opportunity arises 😉

Kryton57

Ha.

That said the Ferraris looked just as quick as the Mercs yesterday and the Mercs – if not playing games  – looked slow on the alternate tyre.   Could be interesting tonight.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Really looking forward to that sprint uphill to corner 1.

tomhoward

Was anyone really in danger?

He didn’t know that at the time, plus it’s not his call to make.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yay, fingerboy does it again.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

As does Ricciardo. 🙁

Kryton57

Wow.  This is exciting.  Loving the Hamilton / Raikkonen camera work off the cars.

retro83
    Free Member

so presumably kimi can go to the end on the soft,  hamilton most likely has to pit again. Should be a good battle at the end.

Can’t believe Max pulled off that undercut.  Superb

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye great race so far. Fascinating strategies playing out. Loved the little dummy Raikkonen threw Hamilton at the pits when Hamilton was told to do what he didn’t. Can’t wait for the battle at the end when Merc inevitably pit.

retro83
    Free Member

Merc are gonna lose this if they’re not careful.

nickewen
    Free Member

Here we go!

retro83
    Free Member

Wonder if Max can get those supers to the end…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking good.

nickewen
    Free Member

Lewis getting a bit stressy in that cockpit… but still delivering the goods with lap times. Gonna be interesting when he reaches Max

eddiebaby
    Free Member

race of the year so far for me. 1 lap to go…

retro83
    Free Member

epic race, loved it

nickewen
    Free Member

Well done Kimi. Over the moon for him. 113 races since his last one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,319 total)

The topic ‘F1 2018 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.