• This topic has 1,318 replies, 128 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,319 total)
  • F1 2018 (spoilers abound)
  • slowoldman

That Tyrell was definitely designed with Scalextric in mind.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I see that Lawman and raise the stakes:

0T0A3919

thepurist

Is this going to run until Spa?  It’s gonna be a long summer break…

the-muffin-man

Boom – I win!…

🙂

the-muffin-man

You see – with a lot of these 70s and 80s cars there’s a simple solution to front wing outwash – make the front wing no wider than the inside of the front wheels!

The new 2m wide one seems to defy logic – they remove all the fancy vortex generators, but then widen the wing and give scope for outwash again.

slowoldman

Actually speaking as a die-hard Lotus fan yes, the-muffin-man wins.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I am pretty sure Vettel will win the WDC this year as there is only so many times LH will get away with it despite his talent and team mate support.

Which annoys me as I prefer Hamilton as driver, although I find that Vettel’s personality has become as annoying at LH’s over the years !

dooosuk
    Free Member

as there is only so many times LH will get away with it

Get away with what?

the-muffin-man

Yep – get away with what?

He’s had some luck this year – usually at Bottas’s expense, who deserves to have won a few races this year – but he’s also had bad luck in the past.

If Bottas had won a few he would be in contention for the title. All Mercedes are doing now is putting their backing on the driver most likely to win the championship. Whereas Raikkonen will never have the chance to beat Vettel – he’s got No.2 firmly inked in his contract.

the-muffin-man

BTW – guess which cigarette brand I first tried as a teenager in the early 80s! 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Marlboro?

Gold Leaf?

Camel?

Rothmans?

the-muffin-man

So while F1 peeps are on their holibobs – lets see some iconic F1 photographs – I’ll start…

…and a pack of 10 JPS – nothing at all to do with a die cast model of a Lotus 72 I had as an 8 yr old! 🙂

Only smoked 3 though and gave the rest to a mate.

thepurist

johndoh
    Free Member

thepurist

https://carolineelliswriter.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/nigel_mansell_gave_ayrton_senna_a_lift_back_to_the_pits_at_the_1991_british_grand_prix_web.jpeg

jimster01

Personally I think Hamilton will win the WDC, Vettel & Ferrari always seem to implode when the pressure’s on.

retro83
    Free Member
    thepurist

So it was more than a bit of flu then.  Heal fast Niki.

Meanwhile DanRic is offically quitting RedBull at the end of the year, tipped to go to Renault.  Gasly in at RedBull or is it too soon for him?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey!

(And get well soon Niki!)

the-muffin-man

Best thing for Dani Ric – he risked becoming Max’s wing man. Good luck to him.

Hopefully he’ll be passing broken down Red Bull Hondas next season!

hols2
    Free Member

That is a surprise.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11459194/daniel-ricciardo-to-leave-red-bull

Guess he wasn’t as impressed with the Honda engine as Christian Horner and Helmut Marko claim to be. Sainz would be the obvious pick for the second Red Bull seat, unless there are any ex-World Champions coming off contract and desperate for a competitive drive.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Didn’t see that happening, but Renault have had multiple past success after periods of being mediocre or inactive. Fingers crossed he’ll be heading up a new successful period!

Now where does this leave Saintz? IIRC his Redbull contract could have been terminated if a RB seat was not available for 2019…

jamesy01
    Free Member

unless there are any ex-World Champions coming off contract and desperate for a competitive drive.

GP2 engine…GP2 engine

the-muffin-man

…unless there are any ex-World Champions coming off contract and desperate for a competitive drive.

Alonso doesn’t fit Red Bulls image. They’ve knocked him back before.

Although I’m sure he’d relish the chance to work with Honda again! 🙂

hols2
    Free Member

There’s also Raikkonen, of course, ex-champ coming off contract.

the-muffin-man

Not sure Sainz will get it – I don’t think he’s in favour at Red Bull anymore.

Gasly is the obvious one. With Torro Rosso having two new drivers – possibly Lando Norris being one as they’ve shown interest in him before.

Whatever – the driver market is wide open now.

retro83
    Free Member

Sainz to mclaren allegedly, not sure of Vandoorne

the-muffin-man

Vandoorne has proved to be very average – can’t see teams fighting for him as he doesn’t come with a bucket load of money either.

Alonso – Sainz for McLaren next year I think.

thepurist

Ricciardo v Hulk will give an interesting benchmark too – Hulk’s never had a properly top drawer team mate & is pretty even with Sainz this year (yes he’s ahead in points but in quali & races where both have finished there’s not much in it).  Hulk clearly has a benefit from his experience with the team but I think most people would expect Ricciardo to dominate in performance terms – if not then it raises Hulk’s stock (too late to be of any real benefit) and by assoication Sainz’s.  Though if Sainz is alongside Alonso that’s more than enough of a benchmark for anyone.

jimster01

Senior moment, ignore me

the-muffin-man

Apart from two world championships with Alonso!

And countless race wins as an engine supplier.

They have form and are in a rebuilding stage.

thepurist

EDIT – ingoring a Friday PM senior moment 😀

the-muffin-man

Nice edit jimster! 🙂

thepurist

Force India saved by Stroll

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-bid-stroll-consortium-administration/3155471/?nrt=54

So that means Lance is probably off from Williams taking a chunk of cash with him.

the-muffin-man

Great news for Force India – and as you say possibly not so good news for Williams.

No Martini sponsorship next year and now Stroll sticking his $$$s elsewhere.

Twodogs

So…who will get Alonso’s seat?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Darn. I was just getting to like him.

Daffy

Sainz, which is a shame as he’s no Alonso. Gasley to RB.

thepurist

Given Alonso’s record of decision making I’m gonna stick a fiver on mclaren to win every race next year…

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,319 total)

The topic ‘F1 2018 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.