• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • retro83
    Free Member

jamesy01 – Member
    Its Monaco…everyone does a one stop with long first stint unless unforeseen circumstances dictate otherwise.

Hmmm, puzzling why he would bring the extra set of softs then.

Edit, actually I just checked the numbers for 2015 (as ’16 was wet), it’s about 50% on a one stop.

nemesis
    Free Member

Alonso’s Indy jolly looking better and better…

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129792/button-gets-grid-penalty-for-his-f1-return

So long as his Honda engine doesn’t also blow up because they’ve been having issues with them in indy..

nemesis
    Free Member

Ultra softs good for race distance too Pirelli have stated. Last lap changes to soft then? Guess it’ll depend on the time gaps or more likely deployment of a safety car at some point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

ooops 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Big oops

PJM1974
    Free Member

Lewis clearly isn’t comfortable with that car…14th place. Ouch indeed.

bruneep

happy with that

tjagain

Whats the odds on hamilton making it thru the race with his front wing intact? He going to want to overtake from there.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Getting beaten by his team mate would be embarrassing given how good a driver he thinks he is

Getting through to Q3 and not ending up with your car in pieces would make you look pretty classy then.

It’s funny just how much better VanDoone goes without Alonso holding him back. He must wee in his fuel tank every weekend.

slowoldman

It’s funny just how much better VanDoone goes without Alonso holding him back

Until he stops suddenly.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Monaco does play to McLaren’s strengths – the chassis is clearly very good, even if the engine is made out of old socks and toilet rolls.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Not a clue how this race will pan out. Monaco is normally a procession, but 1 in 10 is carnage and with Raikkonen on pole, Hamilton 13th, Button last as you say in a car that suits Monaco and Verstappen behind the Ferraris it could be a good watch.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Until he stops suddenly

Nobobdy’s perfect.

It’s usually the motor that stops first.

shermer75
    Free Member

So James Allen is thinking maybe Raikkonen to retire, Perez to Ferrari and Sainz to Renault..

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/monaco-gp-playing-out-amid-moves-on-long-term-ferrari-f1-driver-line-up/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Who cares what he thinks, this could be the Monaco GP with the most action ever. Getting excited!

Twodogs

this could be the Monaco GP with the most action ever

Here’s hoping…but wider cars, tyres that last for ever, and it’s Monaco …the chances seem slim!

zokes
    Free Member

Yawn. Apparently the race comes later, according to Hamo’s engineer. Is that motoGP or something?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Good to see Button back but he’s starting from the back after qualifying 9th?

simondbarnes

Good to see Button back but he’s starting from the back after qualifying 9th?

The Honda MGU-H is only capable of lasting a couple of races. He had to have a new one fitted which went over the allocation allowed for the season which I think gave him a 15 place grid penalty putting him to the back. McLaren then made further car changes overnight which meant a pitlane start.

thepurist

15 place Honda penalty for jb, hence the pit lane start. Expect it was turbo and energy store as well as the mgu, 5 places each.

Couldn’t they scrap the chicane after the tunnel and tighten up tabac, might give a better passing opportunity.

MrPottatoHead

This is shaping up to be a fantastic race 🙄

thepurist

OK, which lap will Stroll bin it on? I’m going 51.

the-muffin-man

They’ve screwed Kimi over (which was predictable!)

Pook

Kimi’s thinking about his ice cream

Twodogs

In racing terms, I don’t understand why they bother with this GP…not a single overtake so far (oh, Lewis got one off the line)

simondbarnes

Safety car

epicsteve
    Free Member

I suspect Button was frustrated by just having to tour round because of the issues with passing and went for a gap that wasn’t really there.

It is a very odd race these days – the lack of passing does make it rather pointless.

the-muffin-man

It’s always been an odd race – there has never been passing at Monaco. There have been some very dramatic races though! Personally I love it.

And for sponsors this race is massive. I bet there are a few who wouldn’t be involved if F1 if it wasn’t for this race.

Pook

What the bloody hell happened then?

thepurist

Drivers love to drive there, sponsors love schmooze there, the beautiful people love to be seen there. I’m none of the above and wish the actual race could live up to the rest of the hype around it.

Twodogs

And for sponsors this race is massive. I bet there are a few who wouldn’t be involved if F1 if it wasn’t for this race.

Yeah, that’s why I said “in racing terms”..it’s a procession, unless it rains. Maybe they should water the track

the-muffin-man

I’d rather they dropped tracks like China with it’s huge expanses of tarmac and no sense of speed.

I love Monaco – and the moves driven from desperation! 😀

I could watch a single car being driven hard around here.

Twodogs

I could watch a single car being driven hard around here.

That is not a race. Yes, it’s impressive to see, but it isn’t racing.

mechanicaldope

Am always disappointed when they choose this as one of the full races to show as opposed to just highlights. If ever there was a race where you only want the highlights it’s Monaco.

Twodogs

They’d only need a 5 min slot

thepurist

Are you including an ad break Twodogs?

Twodogs

😀

martinhutch

I liked the effort the safety car was putting in through the chicane after the tunnel. Should definitely make the highlight reel.

The race itself is pretty much an exhibition drive past these days. The only time you get any action is when one of the drivers is ill-advised enough to try an overtake. The news that the tarmac was wearing out a bit was one of the livelier moments.

Qualifying is the biggest day of the weekend.

martinhutch

double bubble

the-muffin-man

Alonso in the lead!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.