Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • Moe

“I haven’t really thought yet about how it will be. I’m just going to race and then we will see how it is going to be defending and how it will affect the racing.”

……….hmmmmmm, can’t wait! 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think the 2nd car in quali usually goes on to win

It could be the polesitter if he can just get off the line properly.

shermer75
    Free Member

So with Hulkenburg going to Renalt who gets the Force India seat? I’m a bit of a Force India fan- they always punch so so far above their weight!! 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Ricciardo to wipe Rosberg out in the first corner.

Hamilton to sail off into the distance only to loose 7th with four laps to go and give the win to Max.

Button to understeer to 12th.

37 lap duel between Vettel and Raikkonen only for Vettel to suffer a puncture at the death.

Was going to say top 10 for Palmer but I’m not sure.

Non stop overtaking throughout the field, race of the season.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

nice prediction.. I expect Rosberg and Hamilton to come together with Rosberg trying to push Hamilton off the track. Mad Max ignoring the new clarification and dishing it out to Vettel and Kimi.
    Danny Ric to win and do another shoey. Hulk to mqke a podium before he leaves!

I read that Nasr is in the frame for Force india due to his cash and endorsement from Bernie. Arent seats still open at Manor and Haas?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Oh Sergio! If you’re going to put flats on a road bike at least be hip and ride a singlespeed.
    You won’t see Fernando doing that.

aracer
    Free Member

Max to get a penalty when he forgets about the Verstappen rule.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Rosberg is well overdue some bad luck.

stumpy01

Highlights on a bit late….(time difference, I know)…

Been up since 5 and probably will be tomorrow morning, so will have to grab the highlights tomorrow after work.

Chances of me avoiding the result before I get to watch it…?
    Probably zero….

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Highlights on a bit late….(time difference, I know)…

Can’t help thinking that Ch4 have done a disservice in not getting this as a live one.
    Bit of a blooper from Max there, me thinks.
    EDIT: Doesn’t really matter for him now.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Rosbergs lucked out again with that VSC

richmars

Chances of me avoiding the result before I get to watch it…?
    Probably zero….

Put the radio on!

Pook

Rosbergs lucked out again with that VSC

It’s the old “Rosberg can’t win a straight fight” thing again.

EDIT: having said that, Red Bull could’ve taken the ‘free’ pit too.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

He can win a straight fight though, he’s just ridiculously lucky this year.

Pook

What did Ricciardo just say? 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

can’t see Maurizio lasting much longer in the job.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Ross Brawn to Ferrari again?

Pook

Ross Brawn to McLaren. Hostile takeover with Martin Whitmarsh is the rumour

aracer
    Free Member

How would that have helped? Ricciardo had already pitted for tyres, so was already behind NR.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Alonso soon changed his tune!

What did Ricciardo just say?

On his inlap Ricciardos engineer said to him that the commentators are trying to work out what the beep meant (describing Rosberg over the radio). Ricciardo said it meant ‘he’s a really nice person, one of my best mates’ haha.

Pook

Ricciardo had already pitted for tyres

true. missed that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bllx the whiney one is still in the race

thepurist

So Lewis on pole and looking settled on the track, despite the times from fp2 and 3. Nico looking out of sorts all weekend but cobbled together a lap just in time. Max and Dan ric poised on 2nd row, with better starts all year but there’s a nice long straight just off the line so great chance for someone to get a tow and jump the leader. Could be entertaining, especially if the redbull boys get track position as it’s looking like a 1 stopper so tyre strategy will be limited.

shermer75
    Free Member

Agree that the Red Bulls are looking closer and closer to Mercedes all the time- nice to see that gap come down! Could be an interesting one. It’s Max on the supersofts this time, right?

milky1980
    Free Member

Nico’s looking vulnerable, always is when it’s a low grip scenario. If the Red Bulls can get between the Mercs then it’ll be good. Hamilton should have the speed to get past them and pull away, even with a bad start. Rosberg is slow through the stadium so hopefully that’ll mean that the Red Bulls can hook onto the back of him and use the DRS to line up for the first corner if they can.

If the possible rain arrives it will get very interesting!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Safety car saves the stewards from having to work out the penalty on Hamilton.

milky1980
    Free Member

Bit bored now 🙁

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Superb racing from Vettel and Ricciardo, Vestappen doing what he’s paid to do. Where did Vettel learn his English?
    Awesome

bruneep

Vettel lost the plot now

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

He likes waving the finger, doesn’t he?
    Interesting comments about bringing the game into disrepute.
    EDIT: Fight! Fight! Fight!

milky1980
    Free Member

So the Red Bulls livened that up a bit 😀

Pity Verstappen got a 5 sec penalty though, FIA to the rescue again?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Pity Verstappen got a 5 sec penalty though, FIA to the rescue again?

He got a 5 sec advantage by driving over the grass, seems fair to me.

bruneep

Why didn’t lewis get a 5 sec penalty?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Probably because the safety car came out an annulled any advantage before the stewards could do their work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they are more lenient at the start – though i missed the start so have no idea what happened
    Commentators said this no idea whether policy or practice or for that matter true or false

dragon
    Free Member

Well that final few laps for 3rd was pretty good. Pathetic of Vetted to moan about being backed up, perfectly legit tactic in my book. Result should have stood Imo that’s racing, the penalties for everything are ruining things.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And what Junkyard says.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pathetic of Vetted to moan about being backed up, perfectly legit tactic in my book.

He illegally passed him then did this. I think most folk would be a little peeved by the ungentlemanly conduct if not you

Result should have stood Imo that’s racing

Its strava race line cutting that does not involve navigating the actual track to get ahead.

, the penalties for everything are ruining things.

not as much as allowing drivers to cheat would – though in this case it was probably just over zealousness coupled with immaturity[ or possibly ruthlessness] once out in front.

hora
    Free Member

Sorry, if you don’t think that was a legit penalty? I bet he was burning red with embarrassment in that room. Good, little toe rag has been taken down a few pegs 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.