Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • F1 2014 – The Gonzo comparison is true…..
  • legend
    Free Member

It might not have a willy hanging off it, but it’s still pretty nasty

shermer75
    Free Member

More importantly than any of the willy-nose stuff, Kamui Kobayashi is back in Formula 1!!! Always been one of my favourite drivers. Driving for Caterham though unfortunately 🙁

Link

thepurist

Ferrari looks more like what the FIA intended but it looks like they’ll struggle to get the same aero performance from their nose as others. Similar to when McLaren went with a lower nose a couple of years back, then changed it pretty quickly.

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

With Stephano Domenicali, drivers with their hands behind their backs

Without Stephano Domenicali, drivers with their hands on their hips

Notter
    Free Member

Oh dear…..

mashiehood
    Free Member

hmmm, these cars on a grid a going to look hideous.

andyl
    Free Member

hang on a minute, i need something to settle my stomach….

ahhh, that is better

andrewh
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

Oh yes, I remember those wings way up in the air. They were odd. But so were the skirts and the 6 wheeled car (Tyrell?)
    Tyrrell P34 was the only one which raced
    Obvious advantage of smaller frontal area but lack of tyre development for the little ones killed it off.
    A few others tried prototypes, like this Williams:

Most of the really interesting stuff gets banned pretty quick, like the twin-chassis Lotus, which never raced. The Brabham BT46B was so left-field that it never even crossed their minds to ban something like that until after they had seen one (it won on it’s first and only outing)

Trimix
    Free Member

Was that the one with the giant fan at the back ?

legend
    Free Member

No, the was the Brabham BT46B fan car:

withersea
    Free Member

The ferrari looks like some sort of creature that feeds from the seabed. My money is on the lotus….until the redbull rocks up.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

this is what i see when I look at the new Ferrari

Trimix
    Free Member

Lotus dont have any money, so they cant do any development work on what they have made so far.

coogan
    Free Member

So far they all look great… right up until you go past the front wheel. I’ll have a better look when I go to the Australian F1 race in March. Whoop!

dannybgoode

When Ferrari can’t make a car look pretty and meet the regs you know there is a problem with the regs…

andrewh
    Free Member

Most of the really interesting stuff gets banned pretty quick, like the twin-chassis Lotus, which never raced. The Brabham BT46B was so left-field that it never even crossed their minds to ban something like that until after they had seen one (it won on it’s first and only outing)

Posted 3 hours ago #

Trimix – Member

Was that the one with the giant fan at the back ?
    Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

legend – Member

No, the was the Brabham BT46B fan car:
    😆
    Don’t worry Legend, no-one will notice…

thegreatape
    Free Member

ahhh, that is better perfect

F.T.F.Y.

legend
    Free Member

Don’t worry Legend, no-one will notice…

I’m only look at the pictures, do people actually read the articles?? 😉

Markie
    Free Member

Driving for Caterham though unfortunately

I know a couple of people at Caterham, and they’re feeling pretty good about the season to come, fwiw.

Then again, they would say that – and given last season, the only way that’s not out is up!

shermer75
    Free Member

I know a couple of people at Caterham, and they’re feeling pretty good about the season to come, fwiw.

I really hope so! Speaking both as a Kamui Kobayashi fan and just for Formula 1 as a whole- its a bit of a downer seeing the last two teams only competing with themselves..

retro83
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    I really hope so! Speaking both as a Kamui Kobayashi fan and just for Formula 1 as a whole- its a bit of a downer seeing the last two teams only competing with themselves..

And rarely getting a point to show for their efforts. This is why I think there should be points all the way down to last place. Currently 11th would be a decent result for them but they get nothing to show for it in terms of points.

Hope Kamui does well this year, always quite exciting to watch 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

This is why I think there should be points all the way down to last place.

I can see that working. It’ll be easier to compare how everyone is doing overall…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

…they’re feeling pretty good about the season to come, fwiw.

That’s surprising, since Tony Fernandez made some fairly unhelpful remarks that just wobbling around at the back wasn’t worth turning out for. It’s the last chance this year; which must be added pressure where they don’t need it.

Click

As a note of sanity, the idea of the high nose is to get as much air as possible into the underfloor area and through the diffuser. Ferrari might find they have gone exactly the wrong way and face a huge battle to get decent lap times.

Lotus might have a upper hand. We won’t find out at the first test, though, as Lotus can’t afford the bus fare.

Daffy

Ferrari May be attempting to create an area of low pressure behind the nose which both increase down flow and still pull in air for the rear diffuser.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Prettiest ever.

wukfit
    Free Member

Sauber doesnt look too bad, which i guess means slow

core

That Lotus above is gorgeous, prettiest ever in my eyes too!

thepurist

Ferrari May be attempting to create an area of low pressure behind the nose which both increase down flow and still pull in air for the rear diffuser.

If Adrian Newey said he’d done that then I’d believe him, but Ferrari…

Notter
    Free Member

I can’t find a front on of the Sauber but it does seem to be the best looking so far. Amazing number of different interpretations!

JCL
    Free Member

The MP4-29 is the best looking of the new cars. Hopefully it’s faster than the 28 crapper.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The MP4-29 is the best looking of the new cars

Yep, it’s a beauty…..

Some people have been busy

http://wtf1.co.uk/2014-formula-one-cars-get-photoshopped/

retro83
    Free Member

thepurist – Member

If Adrian Newey said he’d done that then I’d believe him, but Ferrari…

Yeah, they make out is if they’re the most successful team in the history of the sport.

MrOvershoot

Only two from me, with 2 of the hero’s. Showing my age but Jim Clark is No1

matt_outandabout

Really?

I_Ache
    Free Member

The Sauber nose looks quite like the McLaren. You can see the wing mounts from the side just behind the wing.

I get all the sponsors are loving the attention their branding on the noses is getting.

thepurist

Yeah, they make out is if they’re the most successful team in the history of the sport

But they’ve not been that great at designing winning cars lately – IMO Alonso has worked wonders with what he’s been given. I’d love to see them back at the front though.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Enzo Ferrari did once say that aerodynamics were for people who couldn’t design engines.

Maybe that philosophy lives on…

zippykona

I clicked on this by mistake.
    What’s the reason for the funny noses?

back2basics
    Free Member

What’s the reason for the funny noses?

to stop RBR/Vettel from winning, just like they changed the rules to stop Ferrari…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘F1 2014 – The Gonzo comparison is true…..’ is closed to new replies.